Thanos as Essential

SummerGlau
SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
CUA4VOsg.gif
almost as Annoying as The Level 379 Venom...or the Dr Doom Goon Feeder Nodes,,,or.....
D3 really is the Grinch
Best Stratagy So Far is to Stun Him with Punisher Max
at least he doesn't damage himself with Court Death
Even Patch's healing isn't enough

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of 3nos black, why do covers 3/4 hurt YOUR team more than the enemy team?
  • 4 clears on that node is no beuno. you want to save it for last or use characters you really dont like icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SummerGlau
    thanos8587 wrote:
    4 clears on that node is no beuno. you want to save it for last or use characters you really dont like icon_e_biggrin.gif
    well with Thanos already there only need to find two other characters i don't like (per clear)
  • SummerGlau
    fmftint wrote:
    Speaking of 3nos black, why do covers 3/4 hurt YOUR team more than the enemy team?
    oh, joy...that to look forward to as well
    on the other hand the Thor essential node is cheese for him IM40 and my boosted 2/1/4 Peggy
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    4 clears on that node is no beuno. you want to save it for last or use characters you really dont like icon_e_biggrin.gif

Exactly.. this is a great time to use those awesome 3*s such as Colosuss, Spidey and Sentry!

I decided not to add his black cover to avoid the nonsense damage.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:

Exactly.. this is a great time to use those awesome 3*s such as Colosuss, Spidey and Sentry!

I decided not to add his black cover to avoid the nonsense damage.
    I'd love to use guys who I have no problem killing off, alas level 412 enemies are telling me to bring my 5s.
    So Bolt eats unavoidable damage 7 times each sub.
    Thanks, Demiurge.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    CUA4VOsg.gif
    almost as Annoying as The Level 379 Venom...or the Dr Doom Goon Feeder Nodes,,,or.....
    D3 really is the Grinch
    Best Stratagy So Far is to Stun Him with Punisher Max
    at least he doesn't damage himself with Court Death
    Even Patch's healing isn't enough

Damn Summer Gif game on point!!!
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Boosted iceman green taking out all three at once saved me from any blow back damage.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I was just thinking about this in his character thread. Could you prevent his black power from shooting off if you pair him with someone who could send him airborne and then kill someone on the other team?
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Can't you just get all enemies down to 3-4k and then 1 shot them all with Thor/Kamala etc., ending the match thus not taking the damage?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Almost as annoying as the gifs
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Copps wrote:
    Boosted iceman green taking out all three at once saved me from any blow back damage.

That's what I'm going for, too. Except for those annoying moments when two enemies die and one's left with 1000 HP or some nonsense.

Good lord who thought Thanos doing 2-4k damage to the party every time you down an enemy was a good idea? Hell, no-one particularly likes Carnage draining your health packs every fight.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unlike 3 strange who everyone loved (for his passive), 3 thanos is already pretty much **** (mainly for his passive)

Purple- not great
    Green- Others in the tier do similar damage with no countdown
    Black- Is a joke.

The 5 was wonderful (if not something thats so powerful that the megawhales will be kicking other whales and vets around for the next few months), I'm thinking we didn't need a 3 if he's just going to be collecting roster dust.

Its the ironman 3* mistake all over again.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

Only explanation is that they want to incentive 5-black builds.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Unlike 3 strange who everyone loved (for his passive), 3 thanos is already pretty much **** (mainly for his passive)

Purple- not great
    Green- Others in the tier do similar damage with no countdown
    Black- Is a joke.

The 5 was wonderful (if not something thats so powerful that the megawhales will be kicking other whales and vets around for the next few months), I'm thinking we didn't need a 3 if he's just going to be collecting roster dust.

Its the ironman 3* mistake all over again.

Sidenote: 3* steangecs blue is awesomre too. Maybe as good as his passive.

Agree on 3* thanos. He looks like ****.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    undrtaker wrote:
    Can't you just get all enemies down to 3-4k and then 1 shot them all with Thor/Kamala etc., ending the match thus not taking the damage?

That's what I finally wound up doing. I used IM40 and She Hulk. Had She Hulk chip away with her red until everyone was at the point I could knock them all off with IM blue.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... as Annoying as..
    Very good advice in this post,
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55887#p610161
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    What is this guys suppose to be good at. He just looks good at being the worst 3* character. I will never use this clown except for essentials. He does more damage to my team then the enemy does. I try to get Venom to stun him so I can take down an enemy.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is this guys suppose to be good at. He just looks good at being the worst 3* character. I will never use this clown except for essentials. He does more damage to my team then the enemy does. I try to get Venom to stun him so I can take down an enemy.

3* version of a sentry bomb. He's designed as a niche suicide character for shield hops. His 5* version does the same thing to 5*. pretty much have to reheal even oml
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Node still 10x more doable than the **** Muscle, Bullseye, Muscle cancer node.