The Hulk (Bruce Banner) compensation

13»

Comments

• KJB Agent
    KJB Agent Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Got a 2* Magneto in return for not using my champion Banner for about 2 weeks. Totally worth it.

Same. Thanks for the 250 iso8.pngicon_evil.gif
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    For those of you who haven't received a token yet, did you actually play a match with Banner?
    If you read about the bug and avoided playing, the devs might only be going off a list of players who tried to use his purple in a match.
    And if you're a free-only player, please consider supporting this game (and then you can complain all you want!).
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Rick OShay wrote:
    For those of you who haven't received a token yet, did you actually play a match with Banner?
    If you read about the bug and avoided playing, the devs might only be going off a list of players who tried to use his purple in a match.
    And if you're a free-only player, please consider supporting this game (and then you can complain all you want!).

First I do spend money here and there and I do buy the VIP package but this thing about free players should support too is short sighted. Free players add to the volume of players and help make it so you aren't stuck seeing the exact 5 same names over and over. The game would be extremely boring with just payers.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Rick OShay wrote:

They are going off a list. The post by Brigby which stated there would be compensation said that players who have used Banner in a match will receive a token.
  • I used him but I still haven't received anything still....?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Varg138 wrote:
    Rick OShay wrote:

They are going off a list. The post by Brigby which stated there would be compensation said that players who have used Banner in a match will receive a token.

Wrong.
    Brigby wrote:
    Players with 5-Star The Hulk rostered with a power level in The Other Guy will receive a token of our appreciation once the fix has been implemented. All of this information can also be seen in the Message of the Day upon logging into the game.

It clearly says "rostered" was the criteria. Use was never mentioned.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    1gi803.jpg
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    Varg138 wrote:
    Rick OShay wrote:

Wrong.
    Brigby wrote:
    Players with 5-Star The Hulk rostered with a power level in The Other Guy will receive a token of our appreciation once the fix has been implemented. All of this information can also be seen in the Message of the Day upon logging into the game.

It clearly says "rostered" was the criteria. Use was never mentioned.

From the initial post by Brigby on 12/9:

Known Issue: The Hulk (Bruce Banner) Crash *Updated (12/23)
    by Brigby » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Hey everyone,

The team is aware of a crash that occurs when 5-Star The Hulk transforms due to his purple ability, The Other Guy. This crash will be fixed in the upcoming patch R116, however to avoid further issues, this ability will be disabled in the meantime. It will be re-enabled in the R116 patch.

Players with 5-Star The Hulk rostered with a power level in The Other Guy, that have played a match with him, will receive a token of our appreciation once the fix has been implemented. All of this information can also be seen in the Message of the Day upon logging into the game.
  • Twysta
    So what you're saying is that people who wanted to use him but didn't because of the notification that he was bugged and had his purple disabled will get nothing?

com.langit7.soundsfair-w250.png
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    no compensation token for me
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I have his purple. I was warned into not using him. I got no token.

Lame.
  • Twysta
    1gincj.jpg
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I am in the same boat, I just pulled his purple shortly before the bug appeared and I was excited to try it out, but then I read about the bug and just avoided it.
    Grim lesson learned, next time a charachter power will make the game crash we'll force it, just to get better chance for compensation token.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Curious, I didn't play him during the bugged/temporary-bug-"fix" period (that I remember?) and got a compensation token. Which got me a 2 star.png Bullseye, woo.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    A little late for me since the "compensation" was a few days ago, but I still want to vent my frustration.

I have a champed Banner. I use him every event. I was told he was bugged, so I did not use him. So to get compensation ONLY if you used him is B.S. Banner's ONLY ability is purple. So to use him when it's disabled is pointless. (sorry, blue and black are SHEET.)

then I receive a vault token, for a 2* Ms Marvel. Thanks! I feel when you play at the 5* level and have one of your 5*s that you routinely use disabled, the comp should be better.

Ok, I feel better. Play on!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know where the idea that you must have useed Banner to get the token came from but it's not true. I have a 0/1/1 Banner and have NEVER used him. I received the compensatory token. I think many people just didn't notice it because it was distributed along side the free Naughty of Nice token that EVERYONE received. If you didn't read the text on each you never would've know
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    What token was the compensation?

I got the free Naughty or Nice token, but nothing else.
  • Twysta
    I only got the one free token for xmas, but not the compensation token.
    I play on steam so the banner is pretty big.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I emailed customer service. Quoted Brigby's original post, verbatim, as far as what happened and what the remedy would be. Nowhere did I say I experienced a crash, only that a crash had been identified and that a token of appreciation would be forthcoming.

I got the standard boilerplate "we have anti-cheat provision in place blah blah" response.

Like, they didn't even bother to read the email which clearly laid out 'this is what was communicated to the player base had happened, and was expected to happen; it happened for my Android account but not my Steam account, both of which have the affected power rostered.'

It's like the heuristics saw 'crash' and went 'jump to THIS point on the script.'