The Hulk (Bruce Banner) compensation

jerrymol1
jerrymol1 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Has anyone received information as to what type of compensation (token of appreciation) we will be receiving now that The Hulk (Bruce Banner): The Other Guy has been fixed?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Just a quick update for everyone. The crash should now be fixed in the R116 patch, and The Hulk's The Other Guy should be re-enabled now.
    Regarding the token of appreciate, it will unfortunately not be given out in today's patch. As of right now, I have not received an official announcement to pass along yet.

Thank you all for being patient!

We'll give you something, sometime, but we haven't decided what
  • Don't worry, they are listening
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    1gb72v.jpg
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    My guess would be a bit of ISO or HP... nothing that we really want as it would bias the reward to only those of us with Mr. B.

Personally, I'm just happy to use him again for DDP. So much fun to bounce him back and forth between mods... and it "saves" the rest of my roster for normal fights.
  • I feel like the compensation should be fairly significant for the following reason:

Many matches were lost using this character because the "bug" wasn't known...the game would crash and you would lose your match but you didn't know it was that characters power that was causing the crash...consequently:

a. Players lost ranking instead of gaining in the one or more contests and therefore missed out on better rewards in those specific contests
    b. Players lost ranking instead of gaining in the Season total and therefore missed out on better rewards in the Season
    c. Players lost points during the contests and season and missed out on progression awards
    d. Players ended up using health packs on characters they would not have had to if the game did not keep crashing and causing losses
    e. In many cases (like mine), Bruce Banner is the players best/highest character and once he and his power were disabled, matches were lost that otherwise would have been won if the power had not been disabled.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:
    1gb72v.jpg

Compensation may be iffy but I heard from a little birdy they like another C word now
    Censorship
    icon_lol.gif
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I feel like the compensation should be fairly significant for the following reason:

Many matches were lost using this character because the "bug" wasn't known...the game would crash and you would lose your match but you didn't know it was that characters power that was causing the crash...consequently:

a. Players lost ranking instead of gaining in the one or more contests and therefore missed out on better rewards in those specific contests
    b. Players lost ranking instead of gaining in the Season total and therefore missed out on better rewards in the Season
    c. Players lost points during the contests and season and missed out on progression awards
    d. Players ended up using health packs on characters they would not have had to if the game did not keep crashing and causing losses
    e. In many cases (like mine), Bruce Banner is the players best/highest character and once he and his power were disabled, matches were lost that otherwise would have been won if the power had not been disabled.

I would not hold your hopes up.

I experienced random crashes for 2 months, so did other people that had IPhone devices, and the compo was 10 health packs after it was fixed.
    At least now the "loss" is 10% health, back then it was 30%...

So yeah, you will get something but it won't be significant.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Compensation, if any, tends to be on the very low side compared to many other games. Expect nothing and be surprised.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't expect compensation. However I feel that the current game reward structure is pretty decent. Just keep playing!
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Compensation, if any, tends to be on the very low side compared to many other games. Expect nothing and be surprised.

is it sad that this is the mantra for the entire game? Be prepared for the worst, and maybe you can be pleasantly surprised.

Changes that get made aren't moving the needle enough. The changes we want (or maybe need?) aren't happening. They claim to be listening, but clearly they don't care. Even releasing Thanos with a power that could essentially make him unusable (hello, Sentry 2.0!)... My only hope is that the devs are just super drunk all the time, which would explain the lack of common sense... and maybe once the new year comes and the hangover subsides, they will get their act together and possibly make some real changes that matter.

but, again... be prepared for the worst
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    so our compensation is no compensation
    9H2sQQK9.gif
    even the Chobot is disappointed
  • Crnch73 wrote:
    is it sad that this is the mantra for the entire game? Be prepared for the worst, and maybe you can be pleasantly surprised.

Changes that get made aren't moving the needle enough. The changes we want (or maybe need?) aren't happening. They claim to be listening, but clearly they don't care. Even releasing Thanos with a power that could essentially make him unusable (hello, Sentry 2.0!)... My only hope is that the devs are just super drunk all the time, which would explain the lack of common sense... and maybe once the new year comes and the hangover subsides, they will get their act together and possibly make some real changes that matter.

but, again... be prepared for the worst

To be fair Sentry 1.0 was extremely useful and used in probably 99% of all hops in PvP. Maybe I’ve should have said Sentry 0.5 because of course when something is really useful they take it away from us. In retrospect that might even have been a good decision, but it seems that whenever a combo is used too much and changed by D3 another combo will emerge. Would be nice to see more diversity, which should be possible now in 5* land if the distribution of 5* covers wasn’t so stupid.

So if Thanos is anything like that first Sentry he will be perfect quick hops.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

To be fair Sentry 1.0 was extremely useful and used in probably 99% of all hops in PvP. Maybe I’ve should have said Sentry 0.5 because of course when something is really useful they take it away from us. In retrospect that might even have been a good decision, but it seems that whenever a combo is used too much and changed by D3 another combo will emerge. Would be nice to see more diversity, which should be possible now in 5* land if the distribution of 5* covers wasn’t so stupid.

So if Thanos is anything like that first Sentry he will be perfect quick hops.

Yea... I meant the current iteration of Sentry, not the original version. Thanos is tough to beat in the Crash of the Mad Titan (even then, it is the 5* version), but overall I find he is a niche character at best and probably hard to use consistently with that black passive. For someone so powerful and feared in the comics, I expected better. Especially with how great the Dr. Strange characters are!

Like I said... expecting the worst, dumbest ideas from the development team is the only way to not go insane with this game. Expecting competency out of them is an exercise in futility. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 500 times? Shame on the devs
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I got a "naughty or nice" token for compensation...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    A naughty or nice token?
    icon_rolleyes.gif

SnZXOWj.png
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Just got the Naughty or Nice token as well, which IS good enough of a compensation.
    A 30/80 chance at a 3* or Much better, whether you were truly impacted or not. Be thankful.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    NoN token has nothing to do with compensation..
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Daiches wrote:
    NoN token has nothing to do with compensation..

The first one didn't. The second one does.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Yep. Just got the freebie token and the compensation token. Thanks!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    thanks for nothing. smh