"Would you play Boss Rush again, IF......."

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been asked to the poll the message board's community. Please select a Yes or No option. Feel free to leave a comment as to why you chose what you chose.

Thanks, y'all. :+D

Soooooooo....."Would you play Boss Rush again, IF.......the bosses were reworked, the rewards were increased, and the challenge was formidable yet DOABLE for the vast majority of players?"
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I'd play again even without changes. If/when it became more work than fun I'd slack off. It is just a game.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Would you play a bad event again if it wasn't bad"

Erm.....yeah?
  • if you had a gun to my head?

id have to think about it. icon_redface.gif

terrible event. unfortunately i believe theyll rerun it it before they rerun another true alliance event just because the first run was likely a "test". you know the kind of thing where we test by actually playing it and they go "wow it was really that bad???".
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    If it was a team event I would give it my best. Otherwise unless there are massive improvements with scaling and rewards, no.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I would play it again even if they didn't change it. I would also stop after round 6 if they didn't change it.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, if I could actually play it and not just watch helplessly as Banner and Phoenix beat me up? Sure.

*Removed Profanity/Inappropriate Content*
    - Brigby
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it was reworked and TESTED FIRST, absolutely.

I like the concept. I very much did not care for the original implementation and would not play it in its original form a second time.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The biggest thing that needs to happen is they need the bosses significantly scaled down. The fact that it was built to burn through your health packs for rosters that had high 5* characters was awful. The events of Ultron and Galactus where the bosses have set levels for everyone is the way to go. I personally could not use the winfinity combos because the boss levels were so high that they would just die so quickly to match damage.

If the bosses were reworked and scaling went way down I would play again. If not I would play sparingly but would eventually rage quite that event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's be honest, most of us on the forums will play regardless
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    No I'll play the 3rd run if the second is fixed but I don't believe they will fix it properly while we all rage about the insanity of it and yet play on regardless.

A oft quoted definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome" - that should be appended with the citation Boss Rush 2016.

I for one have had enough insanity for one year - my time is worth more to me that the shower that was Boss Rush so I'll skip it thanks.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I had fun with Boss Rush until I hit Phoenix. She needs to be fixed for the next run and they need to make sure there is a good cast of buffed characters for the event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:
    If it was a team event I would give it my best. Otherwise unless there are massive improvements with scaling and rewards, no.

This needs to be addressed as well. Boss Rush took the best part about Boss Events (group effort matters, and not just throwing points at an alliance total for alliance placement), and got rid of it. Boss events were fun because they're Alliance events. Even if the scaling were fixed, and the rewards brought in line with previous boss events (I'm not saying we need Red Room level tokens each time, but Boss events getting harder for less reward each time is insulting to the players), and honestly I don't think the bosses need reworking if scaling is handled well, but even if all that were fixed, Boss Rush would still be the worst Boss event because it's not cooperative.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The idea of combining wave nodes with boss fights isn't inherently bad. Boss fights tend to focus more on the puzzle aspect of the game, which is good. I assume they'll rerun it with improved implementation and it'll be fine.

The real problem I have with the event from a design perspective is the conceit of pretending it's an alliance event when it's just a solo event with some feel-bad mechanics tacked on. I *like* alliance events. Alliance events are the best thing about the game. They need more alliance-vs-the-world stuff, not less.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    55c8a0ca70.jpg

#nuffsaid
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Yep, I finished it last time. It was difficult but fun (David and Goliaths plural).
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I would play it just as long as they didn't make it worse somehow. I'd love for them to make Phoenix less brokenly powerful, but I managed to deal with that for the first 7 rounds.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course I'll played, even if it likely won't be tweeked for the better.

but wildest dreams I'd like to see,

1) rewards appropriate to level difficulty
    2) either goons actually stay trivial or bosses tweeked to a playable level
    3)bosses not have outrage match damage, they do enough damage with powers they dont need to have match damage that downs an opponent in 3 matches.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Of course I'll played, even if it likely won't be tweeked for the better.

but wildest dreams I'd like to see,

1) rewards appropriate to level difficulty
    2) either goons actually stay trivial or bosses tweeked to a playable level
    3)bosses not have outrage match damage, they do enough damage with powers they dont need to have match damage that downs an opponent in 3 matches.
    Not just outrageous match damage, but appropriate match damage. Many of them ended up with minion set ups with all colors being equal strength, and that royally screwed with "strongest color" powers that sometimes targeted a color pool the Boss didn't use or even have a passive for. I'd personally appreciate being able to use more than just a few characters in the roster, but I believe that's an ongoing with players have regarding these things. Kaecilius was uniquely frustrating in the few strategies that would effectively work against him, and I sincerely hope the devs never consider adding him to Boss Rush, that they've already made a conscious decision to keep him out of it, as the sudden shift in what you would need to get through would ruin everything.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    If they fix 5* scaling, I'd give it a go again. If they re-run without changes, I'll go up through six again, then take a day or two off.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Part of me kinda wants to play it with the same difficulty just to see if I can beat it. Feel like all I missed were some Deadpool whales points so I've been hoarding them for that fateful day when they re-run the event.