Forum Thread

124»

Comments

• westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    to you use your own argument - while the model for these types of games is to make money (duh), they are also FREE TO PLAY. I see nowhere that it is mentioned that any of these new features will be PAY ONLY. that is a baseless assumption. if you are going to make an assumption, then I think it's more safe to assume that these new features will have a free model like the rest of the game, with various OPTIONS (options, as in, you can choose whether or not to do it) for upgrades to save time and/or thereby increase rewards.

you people

I never assumed they would be pay only. I am merely stating that those willing to spend ( there is many) will do so and widen the gap. That will lead to more complaining by the have-nots. I've been playing this game close to a thousand days so I'm pretty sure I understand how it works by now. I just really want any new feature to be tested thoroughly and for all types of rosters. History has not proven that to be the case.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:
    What do you mean you people's? Seriously even went to the effort of italicizing it.

icon_lol.gif

That was the only pronoun a college prof of mine seemed to know. All semester long in a studio class, "You people" this and "You people" that ... he was very Southern, would have looked great on a porch in a rocker sipping a julep, bourbon, or iced tea.

Later that year he was a speaker at a formal event. Sure enough, first words he spoke were, "YEW Pee-pull..."

My date had to kick me under the table. It seems I had burst out laughing.

I work with a guy who only uses "You's guys" took me a while to not twitch every time icon_lol.gif

I'm more of a ya'll kinda guy. As in "Ya'll is goin off topic." icon_lol.gif

So, a few weeks ago, I was playing Assassin's Creed, Black Flag. In that game, you have a fleet of ships that you send out. Depending on the type, you are given a % chance of success and estimated time of return.

I'm seeing something like that. Like if I send out 3 top tier characters, then I'll have a 100% chance at successfully completing the mission. Or something like 5* have a 35% rate, so sending three 5*s would give you a 105% success rate. And 4* have 30%, 3* have a 27%, 2* are at 22% and 1* are 18%. So sending three 1* characters only gives you a 54% chance of completing the mission. Or if I send a max level 5*, 4* and 3* team, I'll have a 35+30+27=92 % chance of a successful mission. Those are fully covered by the way. As in, a fully covered 5* at max level gives you 35%. Then the % goes down with less levels and/or covers.

Of course, if I send them out, then I can't use them in the actual game until they return. And there should not be an option to recall them. Once they are gone, you have no choice but to wait.

Something like that would make a use for unused characters and also require players to think about who to send where and when. Adding a little Puzzle to the Quest. Personally, if it's something like that, or something similar, then I'm all for it.

*all numbers and game feature mechanics are hypothetical btw*
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'm kind of torn on the alliance wars. Before I got into MPQ I was a pretty serious World of Tanks player that had something similar, details in spoiler.....
    It's a great game - like a 1st-person shooter for old people like me that find COD and the like to be too fast paced + more strategy/tactics. I was a commander of a competitive clan of 100 guys. They had a clan wars mode where you fought other clans for control of territories on a map, and your clan was rewarded with a fixed amount of in-game currency for as long as you held territory (think along the lines of 1 LT/player/day for the top clans). Certain territories paid out more than others and so the stronger clans gravitated toward those areas, but you were also somewhat limited in the amount of territory you could hold by the 100 player clan size. The meta ultimately ended up being incredibly diplomatic where you would try to shore up spots next to clans you were friendly with and leave them defenseless so that you could defend your territory in just 1 or 2 places against hostile clans. It was a lot of fun but required tons and tons of coordination and OOG communication, not to mention a strong sense of loyalty to your clan/alliance. Every night we had battles at a set time window that depending on how active we were on the map and how well we did in the tournaments could have 30-60 guys all busy from 7 or 8 til midnight.
    My fear is that such a game mode in MPQ would really rip apart a lot of the alliance structure that we have now by really separating alliances more into groups based on time commitments. My current alliance is pretty laid back with people mercing in and out for PvE and buy clubs pretty much every day, and while I like the idea of bringing a bit more loyalty to MPQ alliances, I don't want to have to leave my current group and find another group that is more serious about PvP AND PvE AND Alliance Wars. One of the nice things about WoT Clan Wars was that you could have 100 guys in your clan, but battles were capped at 15 players, so you didn't need to have every single person in your alliance active all the time. I think implementing it like this would actually go a long way toward improving alliance loyalty and reduce the need to merc out so much.

TL:DR - I'm excited about the idea, but only if it is implemented in a way that doesn't force people to migrate into AW only/AW+PVP/PvP only/AW+PvP+PvE etc. alliance configurations. I think only have the top X of 20 alliance scores count for alliance placement would help alleviate this potential issue.