Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum Thread

Comments

• Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    They ask how excited you are about it, but give absolutely no information that lets me determine my enthusiasm.
    I got the alliance war one.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    New modes?

YES
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both sound cool but I'm sure it will turn out to be the same old type of events as always.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    They ask how excited you are about it, but give absolutely no information that lets me determine my enthusiasm.
    I got the alliance war one.

Exactly this.

As a result, I voted pretty neutrally. I need more info before I can form any kind of realistic opinion.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I got the Alliance War one. In the "comments about this new mode" section, I wrote:

"This sounds great, but please, please, PLEASE playtest it thoroughly before releasing it."
  • Jam_Adams
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like they are deciding whether to branch out into strategy and/or farming. Plenty of other mobile games to draw inspiration from. neither sound time or resource consuming (on the itty bitty surface they are showing)

If it means new ways to gather resources or compete, then I'm all for it

My write in for this was along the lines of:
    I have a 108 man roster that I generally use only 20% of religiously. I am for other ways to dust off those lesser used characters
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not going to hold my breath on it functioning as intended or prizes being INCREDIBLE
  • Jam_Adams
    As long as the prizes supplement what we already have, then what's the fuss?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance saw both, apparently clicking the link gives you one at random (so if you can get to the link after filling it out, you can possibly get the other survey).

Looks interesting. But, quick glance, it looks like fun ideas that haven't been fully thought out yet.

Strike Teams. My roster of 110 can do stuff while I'm away? That's a brilliant idea. And it sounds like something you can do if you only have a moment (launch the teams, fire and forget, collect results later), but it's also something you can do with unused characters while actively playing the game, and that's a feature I love in games.

But it gives Intel, which lets you breeze through difficult Story missions to earn the rewards? Does that mean JUST one of the six rewards? Does it count as a clear? Do you get the points for it for that event? It sounds like something meant to help people with weaker rosters (or people who are at a point of screwy scaling where the harder nodes are much harder), that will ultimately screw over clear and grind times for people pushing for top placement, and that's worrying.

Alliance War. Combine rosters with your alliance? That'll be fun. I'm a juggernaut in my alliance (roster of 110 like I said above), but I know people in my alliance have some different 4*s champed, some of us have 5*s with different number of covers. Quick glance, I have 7 champed 4*s, but between the alliance, we have 22 different champed 4*s. So that'd be fun. No idea what coordinating the war from a distance means, but it sounds interesting. I'm guessing branching paths and coordinated efforts to get to certain nodes or something? We do enough coordinating with a family of a half-dozen alliances anyways, so getting direct in-game rewards for it will be awesome! Also says we're fighting through famous battlegrounds... cool, but I can't exactly think of any I'd be excited to see in the game, either.

But it's PVP. I don't want to compete against another alliance. What if the matchmaking is wonky? What if we're paired up, and rosters shift making the fight uneven? What if the event is over a weekend and one of the alliances simply has more free time? How much of a difference will it make? Why not just make it PVE, and let us push for progression and bragging rights, instead of having to hope the PVP is fair and balanced?

Overall, exciting. But left with more questions than answers, and I can easily see this being a Boss Rush release instead of a Civil War release, and that worries me a little.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    You don't need a new feature to have alliance wars, silly devs. icon_lol.gif

Strike Teams/Intel sounds like auto play, with the resource spent being intel? Would absolutely love this for The last three difficult nodes. Chewing through 50-60k plus characters is mind numbingly boring. Galaxy of Heroes does this with "Sim" tickets. For the short time I played it, they were always plentiful.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many questions and no answers.
    How would you get matched up gains other alliances? Is it 20 man war or 10 man war or so you set what you want?
    Would this be live PVP or would you set a defensive team? Would this replace PVP or would this be in addition to PVP?

D3 stop teasing us with something this juicy
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Strike teams sounds like auto-play, which they asked about in another survey a while back. Is that a mobile game thing? Sounds less like a game and more like an addiction reinforcement tool.

Alliance war sounds more interesting. At least it sounds like playing a game of some sort.

I don't know. When you describe a mobile game to me, I wonder why anyone (including myself) would be interested. Yet here I am.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    I don't want to see my heroes returns dead or badly damaged and I have to burn my health packs to heal them
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    So I got the strike team one, and I don't like it. I am ardently against any automation in a game like thid. It sounds like they want a way for you to send your characters on a 8 hour mission, that costs 300hp to recall or finish early. I have absolutely no interest in a new game mode where I'm not actually doing anything, I don't want the game to play for me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I got the strike team one, and I don't like it. I am ardently against any automation in a game like thid. It sounds like they want a way for you to send your characters on a 8 hour mission, that costs 300hp to recall or finish early. I have absolutely no interest in a new game mode where I'm not actually doing anything, I don't want the game to play for me.

Counterpoint - in a game of 110ish characters where most people use like 20 tops, having the other 90 doing stuff in the background to presumably earn resources for no effort doesn't sound like a bad option to me.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    anyone have the survey link so I can fill out the other one?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    ... I don't want the game to play for me.

It already does in PvP ... what you worry? icon_lol.gif
    I'm pretty sure that's the worst part of PvP.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZXPD7LJ This one seemed to keep giving me the alliance wars one, not sure if it changes or not
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks! Got the strike team option that time with the link.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    The "while you're away" bit had me answering a notch below neutral. Too much emphasis on a game that I watched being played for me, or was just sitting around waiting for results, but never actually actively played is what drove me to uninstall Future Fight. If I want to play a game, I want to play the game. Watching an AI play your game for you, or worse, watching a counter to see the results of yet another RNG dice roll to see if your away team "won" gets real dull real fast.