Forum Thread

Comments

• Polares wrote:
    Alliance Wars: I don't like the idea of this one. This one looks designed to be enjoyable just by very strong alliances. How is the matchmaking going to work? There are a TON of factors, that can play a big role here and that might end up pairing your alliance with one much stronger/dedicated than yours. As someone else said, ALL alliance play should be PvE oriented.

This game is still very very time dependant, you can't really play when you want to most of the time, you play when you need to. So adding time independent modes that are quick, that don't force you to put a lot of time into them, but that you can really play whenever you want I think would make this game better.

Agree on your opening statement that new game modes are very much appreciated.

However I don't agree about the Alliance war being enjoyable by strong alliances, sure the top PvP alliances will dominate this gamemode if the rewards are worth it. But I doubt if they will enjoy it. I'm commander in a PvP focused alliance (rank 18 last season). And if this new mode requires any form of coordination, strategy, planning, etc. it will surely result in burn out of the high end players/commanders. The game in general is already extremely time consuming and to be able to compete at that level you either need an extreme amount of time/dedication or a fat wallet.
    And I'm sure people will reply with remarks like "but you don't HAVE to play", while that is very true of course for the vast majority of the players. A competitive person won't listen to those sensible arguments, because to remain competitive you need to gather all resources humanly possible.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got Alliance war. Voted it to zero.

First I have the most powerful roster in my Alliance by a significant factor. If I want to compete in Alliance wars I am probably going to have to abandon the people I have played with for ~2 years. Or just not get anywhere. If I wanted to play clash of kings or whatever I'd play that. Give me more match 3 or a new puzzle type.

Give me a story mode that actually tells an ongoing story rather than repeating.

Let people in my Alliance borrow a member of my roster for battles, heck let me put 3 or 4 up 'for loan' where I cannot use them so my Allies can. Keep my scaling the same so we can't trade 5 stars to cheat matchmaking, but for my 2-3 star allies let them have a run with my champed hulkbuster. Heck it might even lead to more cover sales when people see what they are missing.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    They ask how excited you are about it, but give absolutely no information that lets me determine my enthusiasm.
    I got the alliance war one.

This is pretty much exactly how I responded. I moved the interested bubble slightly to the right, but not much and said it's hard to get excited about something when you have no clue what it is or how it works.
  • broll
    tph_james wrote:
    I don't want to see my heroes returns dead or badly damaged and I have to burn my health packs to heal them

I got the strike team survey and this was my biggest question as well. If it burns through health packs then no thank you.
  • broll
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    i don't understand some of you people's logic here. why be so apprehensive about something we don't know that much about? why not give a new mode a fair shake without being negative?

using that same logic, i am just going to be upset about this weekend. it's two days away, and i don't have any plans, but i know i will be doing something. something will happen, i just don't know what. dammit, that's not my kind of weekend. plus, i've been going to work for the past four days! since i'm not sure what's going on this weekend, i should probably just go to work instead since i'm used to that.

What do you mean you people's? Seriously even went to the effort of italicizing it.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Again Demiurge are over thinking things and making it too complex.

Open up the Prologue and then add all the story events to expand it. Beef up the rewards a little and allow for a maximum of 6 clears before it goes back to just 20 iso, then add in one time win conditions for a fairly good award. After all nodes have been cleared go back to the start with a slight difficulty increase.
  • broll
    I love how everyone thinks that they heroes they don't use will have the same % chance of success as the actual good characters.
    Strike Teams will require you to send your best and brightest if you want anything of value in return, and will certainly cost HP to recall early if you suddenly remember that you need them for whichever event is about to end.

I voted 0 for everything, but mostly because those values will absolutely mess with their results.

Your point makes some sense, but I don't think it's fully flushed out. It depends on how they determine 'best and brightest' for example if 5* are the best regardless of number of covers and level, then we finally have something to do with 1 covered 5*s. That's huge for everyone but the mega-whales. If it's by level/cover somehow, then I agree that's somewhat less useful, but still if you're in 3* or 4* land and have 20+ characters in the same level range, you can always afford to send a few off.

Also even if you only choose to send otherwise unused 2* gaining something is by default better than gaining nothing, even if it's not as much as you could. Especially if the only cost to sending them is that the character is away for x number of minutes/hours.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 110 characters so the Strike node makes a lot of sense for me. Getting some extra resources is much appreciated. It all goes down to the implementation.

If I can get result only with currently boosted 4* - it's a no go as I most likely use them in PvE and PvP and I never now when I can play a match.

Also the reward is a big question mark. Firstly - devs are holding all the goodies to themselves and the paying customer so I doubt they will be great. But increase in ISO and HP on the level of the commercials would already be something I would look forward to. If it would give rewards to clear PvE quicker - I would be happy as well. The "over 1 hour" grind everyday is killing me.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    i don't understand some of you people's logic here. why be so apprehensive about something we don't know that much about? why not give a new mode a fair shake without being negative?

using that same logic, i am just going to be upset about this weekend. it's two days away, and i don't have any plans, but i know i will be doing something. something will happen, i just don't know what. dammit, that's not my kind of weekend. plus, i've been going to work for the past four days! since i'm not sure what's going on this weekend, i should probably just go to work instead since i'm used to that.

What do you mean you people's? Seriously even went to the effort of italicizing it.
    LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxs0Qh72kY

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKONPxrqFxs
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Both sounds good but the first one has much bigger potential (building base for sending more teams, upgrading buildings for better loot, more teams etc.).
    Honestly, i will support almost everything that brings some new use of my 120+ covers.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look forward to receiving my one heroic token as compensation when the launch of alliance war mode causes the game to implode.
  • broll
    broll wrote:

icon_lol.gif

That was the only pronoun a college prof of mine seemed to know. All semester long in a studio class, "You people" this and "You people" that ... he was very Southern, would have looked great on a porch in a rocker sipping a julep, bourbon, or iced tea.

Later that year he was a speaker at a formal event. Sure enough, first words he spoke were, "YEW Pee-pull..."

My date had to kick me under the table. It seems I had burst out laughing.

I work with a guy who only uses "You's guys" took me a while to not twitch every time icon_lol.gif
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    My fear in sending out the troops is that there would be a mandated character. Send Wolverine and 5 teammates check out the headlines at the Daily Bugle. I definitely want new game modes but like many have mentioned, the Dev's thinking and our seldom go hand in hand.

While many have spent a lot of cash on this game, the real money making apps have models similar to what the survey is pushing. Let's face it, they will not introduce anything unless it will bring in revenue. So all these things about free loot with the characters you don't use are misleading. There will be a paid part of any feature released and I'm willing to bet the divide between the top and the bottom gets even larger.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I received the Alliance War survey and said it sounds like a great idea and new game play modes are needed however they need to make sure rewards are at least as good as PvE and PvP since time is a players most valuable asset.

My thought on this is that if the rewards at least don't match up to PvP and PvE, people won't play the new mode long-term. It is hard enough with time constraints already and most players are already either PvE or PvP competitively usually not both. To add a 3rd different element and to still try and do PvE and PvP will be difficult for players to manage their time.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strike team sounds mechanically like teamups, you just get a personal benefit from it other than XP. That's be neat. Nice way to make use of the 90 of my roster I usually don't.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds interesting, but I am holding my expectations in severe check.

On the Strike Team, for example, I expect it will combine a feature like sending out team-ups (and limit how many characters can simultaneously be on missions) and Deadpool Points for the Intel (I can think of a few ways this might work out, likely some de-leveling of enemies or starting the enemies with less health). The people suggesting that they could send out 90 characters at once are going to be disappointed.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Sounds interesting, but I am holding my expectations in severe check.

On the Strike Team, for example, I expect it will combine a feature like sending out team-ups (and limit how many characters can simultaneously be on missions) and Deadpool Points for the Intel (I can think of a few ways this might work out, likely some de-leveling of enemies or starting the enemies with less health). The people suggesting that they could send out 90 characters at once are going to be disappointed.

Nobody's suggesting that they'll get to send out 90 characters at once. They're saying that they have 90 unused characters to choose from.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    unknown.png
    Combine rosters to lead an army: PVP Survival missions? Do I get to actually use a wave of heroes?
    Coordinate to capture key locations and resources: Capture and defend with time spent holding an area providing the score? Resources like... hmm. AP boosts for the defenders? That's an idea. Attackers use boosts, but letting defenders have them would be a monkey wrench to usual strategy. And what about higher ranks on defending Team Ups? The resources bit has piqued my interest.
    Win incredible prizes: Exclusive "The Incredibles" characters? Okay, in all seriousness, prizes have been decent here and there. The SHIELD Intercept prizes could have been pitifully small ISO candy, but I've seen the 1000 and 2000 prizes, along with 1 CP and Hero tokens enough to just fine with the short commercials. It could also be like a longer-running Boss event (mid-season PVP special event?) with Alliance-based progress prizes, although lopsided power (how many can face The Olympus?) could easily leave even the smallest prizes painfully out of reach.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Nobody's suggesting that they'll get to send out 90 characters at once. They're saying that they have 90 unused characters to choose from.
    One post does, and a few could be interpreted either way.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    westnyy2 wrote:
    My fear in sending out the troops is that there would be a mandated character. Send Wolverine and 5 teammates check out the headlines at the Daily Bugle. I definitely want new game modes but like many have mentioned, the Dev's thinking and our seldom go hand in hand.

While many have spent a lot of cash on this game, the real money making apps have models similar to what the survey is pushing. Let's face it, they will not introduce anything unless it will bring in revenue. So all these things about free loot with the characters you don't use are misleading. There will be a paid part of any feature released and I'm willing to bet the divide between the top and the bottom gets even larger.
    to use your own argument - while the model for these types of games is to make money (duh), they are also FREE TO PLAY. I see nowhere that it is mentioned that any of these new features will be PAY ONLY. that is a baseless assumption. if you are going to make an assumption, then I think it's more safe to assume that these new features will have a free model like the rest of the game, with various OPTIONS (options, as in, you can choose whether or not to do it) for upgrades to save time and/or thereby increase rewards.

you people