What's your favorite version of AI suicide?

Comments

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Happened to me at least once:

Big Punisher (AI) vs DPX (me). Punisher, low on health, triggers Merciless Charge, stunning his teammates and damaging my team. The damage triggers X-Enforcer twice. Punisher finishes his turn, and X-Enforcer goes off once -downing Punisher- then goes off again on his stunned teammate. I now have two free turns on a pair of sitting ducks.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    This happened to me a couple of days ago.

I was battling *** Hulk and my team was in bad shape, I don't remember the exact numbers, but I figure I had about two more turns before I lost. I unleashed my built up brigade of powers and slightly miscalculated, The Hulk was sitting at about 200 hit points with 5 anger tiles on the board ready to turn my previous two turn estimate into a loss. The anger tiles went off killing my first character with the ensuing green cascades. He then cast Smash killing off my second character and I winced waiting for Thunderous Clap to end my third. I wasn't expecting the 'victory' banner to flash across the screen.

I forgot all about the 'does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 tiles on the board'. I didn't realize it would affect him as well, but that's the only way that I can think of that I won.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Daken really has no use for pink AP, but he will do me a favor and kill himself by matching those trap tiles laid down by X-23 anyway.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    aa25 wrote:
    My favarite is when the AI gets a massive match-5 cascades. Oops, JG is on my team. icon_razz.gif

Heh... I actually got a first-turn kill on a champion JG earlier today by making a match-5 that fell into a match-6 and triggered some ancillary matches as well. The match-6 took her out, so her passive only got to trigger once.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    My absolute favorite and the only time I wish I had a screenshot. Daredevil lays out three trap tiles and is near death. Moonstone is kind enough to make the only red match on the board, sitting well over 12k health.

*triple kick*
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Stupid idiot Juggernaut headbutting himself into oblivion.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stupid idiot Juggernaut headbutting himself into oblivion.
    The first AI Suicide I ever had and still my favorite
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Quicksilver required node in DDQ today, I had four locked tiles out and a blue match on the board when Spidey stunned QS. I figured this would be the moment the blue match would be made, but the AI went for something else, leaving the blue match intact and available. With QS still stunned on my turn, I also left the blue match alone, hoping it would be around next time when I had QS back. Lo and behold, Spidey goes ahead and matches the blue on his turn, activating Supersonic and taking himself out along with one of his goon teammates, leaving one low-health goon left for me to deal with. icon_lol.gif
  • Bring Xpool versus Hulk. Drop Countdown for What one time, or two if you really want to be thorough. The countdown tiles will form on green. Match one. Watch hulk's anger make more green, match more tiles, and murder himself.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    Having the enemy AI use a massive AoE on your party, which doesn't quiet kill 2* storm, who then retaliates 3 times in a row with a massive Raging Tempest.

I can miss 2* storm for that reason sometimes.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I am still enamored with the AI Suicide by Strange...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    My personal favorite is when my last character is killed by a juggs headbutt which also kills juggs. Players win ties, so if juggs is the last enemy, this is a win for the player!

It's especially fun when juggs could have killed the player with a match3, but choosrs to use headbutt instead and lose.

This hasn't happened to me in a while (probably not since overscaled juggs was nerfed when the champion system went live), but i remember it fondly.
  • KoolKev
    KoolKev Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I had a fight a few days ago where I had cast 4* Jean's Green power so all three enemies were just low enough on hit points that when they got a match-5 on the next move, Jean killed them all at once.

Don't know if that counts as AI Suicide, but it was definitely enjoyable to watch.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Winning Clash of the titans because Ragnarok kills both of us with his green, icon_lol.gif
    2rejhja.jpg
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    No love for the Thorned Rose? icon_e_sad.gif Those were my favourite AI suicides

Also Supernova M.A.D. killing everbody on the board.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    The AI using Venom's nerfed Symbiote Snare as a Team-Up against a Strange team when they only have a sliver of health is a pretty great way for them to go.

I hope creating that one web tile, without actually stunning anyone, was worth it.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    When moonstone warps your strike tile somewhere without making a match or damaging you and goes down in flames. Payback for all those times she repeatedly fired off pink making for long annoying matches.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    funny one...just had Daken downed from heat and Ragnarok down himself from Godlike Power in the same turn
    Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption got me the AP I needed to finish off the suddenly lonely Venom
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    AI uses **** Flame Jet Teamup.
    Enemy OML makes 2 strikes.
    Enemy OML dies.

At least Jugs does some damage before he goes, lol.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just had the rare suicide where AI used his team up and OML fired his passive and died giving me the victory. Hard for OML to fire his passive when he's the only one left, but trust the AI to find a way.