What's your favorite version of AI suicide?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Personally, I think Sentry's Sacrifice to death is fun and spot on. Ares does the same thing.

OML can do it too if you're not careful!

But those one's are pretty obvious.

I think my new all time favorite one is now when the Lieutenant drops his yellow heal tile and 3* Strange blasts him to death for his troubles.

What's your favorite?

Comments

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, I was going to give the general 'Death by Strange' but when the Lieutenant does it, it's particularly satisfying.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Though it's not completely fair to describe it as suicide, I giggle whenever the AI makes a red match that triggers Daredevil's sausage drop skill.

Ragnarok finishing off his entire team with Tinykittylike Power can be amusing, but usually it just seems like a bird flip on his way out the door.

I also have had my own incredibly powerful 1/1/0 255 Blackbolt kill himself by energy channeling, which amuses me more than it probably should "Fear my energy channeling, human, lest I **ooohhh what a headache ahhhhhh *thump* **.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any AI suicide that isn't the result of my characters taking high damage like an over-levelled headbutt or sunder is fine by me. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be nearly impossible to pull off, but what would be fantastic AI suicide:

All on the same turn:
    Sentry casts Sacrifice, kills himself. OML damages himself to near death.
    Hulkbuster casts overdrive, kills himself. OML damages himself again, and kills himself.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be nearly impossible to pull off, but what would be fantastic AI suicide:
    All on the same turn:
    Sentry casts Sacrifice, kills himself. OML damages himself to near death.
    Hulkbuster casts overdrive, kills himself. OML damages himself again, and kills himself.

This has MPQ: The Musical written all over it. Hamilton, your time is done!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggernaut Headbutting while he hasn't got enough health is my favorite
    especially if he headbutts a character with regeneration
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    The black arts countdown from the hand. Hurts a teammate and heals himself. Leave him alone with full health and all he does is take out his buddies for you. And while it doesn't hurt them, I love when the AI uses a board shake ability that messes up a match 5 they would have made.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    My favorite is during the Quicksilver Versus event. AI Quicksilver matches blue when there are 3 charged tiles on the board. His passive triggers and adds a 4th blue tile. My passive triggers and kills him and his team.

Death by Dr Strange is also bringing joy into my life every day now.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I also have had my own incredibly powerful 1/1/0 255 Blackbolt kill himself by energy channeling, which amuses me more than it probably should "Fear my energy channeling, human, lest I **ooohhh what a headache ahhhhhh *thump* **.[/quote]

I am obviously playing this game too much because I just about laughed myself off my chair at that one.
    Thanks, Moose.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    My favarite is when the AI gets a massive match-5 cascades. Oops, JG is on my team. icon_razz.gif
  • Having enough protect tiles out for juggernau''s headbutt to do very litre damage to my team but kill him. Also like sis new power to turn team invisible would be funny to watch suicide headbutt an invisible team.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Not AI, more of my own suicide but back when sentry-bombing was a thing, he could KO both teams and you would still get the "W". Wasn't good for health packs but for some reason I enjoyed winning by downing everyone on the board. strike.pngcountdown.png Death to all icon_twisted.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daken. I tend to leave self-healers until the end so I can down them with a barrage of attacks. I tend to leave healers till the end, and I've had some matches where he dies the turn after I finish with the first 2.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    This overlaps with what some other people have already said, but having Sentry cast Sacrifice and having Dr. Strange retaliate with flames. Hah, I really did think that finishing fight would take more than one enemy turn to win icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Goon #1: "Look, it's Dr. Strange! Drop some covering fire."

Goon #2: "Okay, I can do it in 4 turns... oh no, that really hurt goon #3!"

Goon#3: "No problem, I can drop a countdown that will heal.... uhn!"

Goon #1: "****, goon #3 is down. That Dr. Strange is nasty! Obviously I need to drop two countdowns this turn, that'll get hi..."
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I still get a chuckle out of Ares Sundering himself to death.
    And now that they finally fixed his Yellow Countdown tile going away when he dies (I THINK it's finally fixed for real), it's even more humorous.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    D3adpool. Love watching him try too hard to be the Life of The Party.

Also not technically suicide, but I've had more than a few PVP matches against Black Bolt where I match the most of the charged tiles myself, and down his entire team with like a fraction of the moves it would usually take. Not sure what keeps making people think a single-covered energy channeling is good enough, the AI sucks at going after those charged tiles.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    My favorite was the last Sentry PVP where Quake was boosted.

Yes, please nuke your team into oblivion while I take 1. Rinse and repeat.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I thoroughly enjoyed playing Vision against Bagman in DDQ last week (I think). I made a couple of blue matches, cast blue, and Bagman kindly kept my countdown alive for the rest of the match. I may have made "bam", "kapow" type noises, I couldn't possibly comment.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy when I face Daken and the AI randomly uses a Doom blue T/U to change all the blue to black, despite no active black users on the team.. Daken slowly dies. I usually sit back and let him suffer to death from the terrible drug "Heat"

icon_lol.gif .... icon_twisted.gif