They Managed to Make it Worse

1235»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    broll wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Pretty sure they're still testing, they're just not calling it as such.

If that guess is true, then calling out would prevent this level of rage.

Communication is important.
    Hi broll. I actually posted about this change yesterday. It must've gotten buried, so I apologize for what seemed to be the lack of communication.
    They're currently trying out some different things with the weekly Limited Vaults, so you might see some changes until the right solution is found.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    broll wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

Hi broll. I actually posted about this change yesterday. It must've gotten buried, so I apologize for what seemed to be the lack of communication.
    They're currently trying out some different things with the weekly Limited Vaults, so you might see some changes until the right solution is found.

Hi Brigby.

That communication was appreciated.

I understand if it's not possible, but could we get a bit more information on just what they are looking for?

I think while we all disagree on the forum a whole lot, one thing we all do agree on is we want this game to be as successful as it can be. And to make as much money as it can. But sometimes from our point of view we just don't understand what you're going for. This leads to frustration. I liked the vaults we had for peggy and blade. Why were they the wrong solution?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    broll wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

Thanks for the update. Is there any reason not to sticky that or put it in the announcements? That's usually where I look for official word on something.

Keep up the good work.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    thisone wrote:

I understand if it's not possible, but could we get a bit more information on just what they are looking for?

We know what they're looking for. They're looking for how little they can give away and how much they can charge before people stop buying HP in order to take advantage of the vault. Nothing wrong with that in principle. But after three consistent runs of weekly vaults at a price point that already seemed extrapolated from the earlier, infrequent special limited vaults, we had no idea they were still tweaking the numbers in order to optimize their lithohematology algorithms.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    We know what their looking for. The absolute very worst possible deal that they can offer before people finally give up stop incessantly purchasing tokens. They want that exact breaking point.

Earlier vaults were considered too successful. Presumably this one is not successful enough. So they'll keep tweaking it until they get a happy medium that will have people spending the most possible HP.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    We know what their looking for. The absolute very worst possible deal that they can offer before people finally give up stop incessantly purchasing tokens. They want that exact breaking point.

Agreed, which was why I was so appalled when people start buying into the previous bad deal. It's only going to get worse from their. Had people not jumped in so deep they might have tried swinging the door the other way.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I think HP used to be a great revenue stream for them, but there aren't enough ways for players to spend it now. When you start playing HP is in short supply for roster spots, but as you progress, outside of the 1k tax for a new release spot and a small amount for shields what is there to spend it on?
    I ain't buying junk tokens (heroic/non-vault).
    These Vaults are their way of trying to reduce the HP in the economy to renew their revenue stream.
    They missed the mark on the contents of the agent venom vault for 2,000 HP. Few players who have that much at hand need anything except (maybe) the single 4-star cover.
    Ask yourself this, if there were two 4-star covers in the vault, would you buy a 10-pack? What if there was 3 (one of each colour) or an LT, would you buy a 10-pack then?