They Managed to Make it Worse

Bobbyeter
Bobbyeter Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, the 4-star vaults that were not even worth it unless you needed the cover are now even worse. Now you have to buy 10 or 20 tokens for 2000 and 3600 hp respectively. The price went up, single buys are gone and no change in content. Absolutely top notch work.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay! I no longer feel compelled to waste my tokens in the vault.

200 per token, min 2000 to not necessarily win anything useful = NO WAY.

Way to take a somewhat cool thing and ruin it.

This week has been particularly money-grubbing. It's getting me feeling really bad about playing the game.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I can forgive the higher cost with a new 4*. I can't forgive not even the option of a single pull. Even if it were more expensive.

The in game message says "Check out this vault....for A CHANCE to get.....". The text should say "10 chances".

Second fail of the week, Devs, after the level up button. Anything else up your sleeves for strike 3?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the choice is all or nothing, I chose nothing

There's no excuse for deleting the 1x option
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Not even an Agent Venom black, the one you actually need covers in so that he is viable on a roster.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    2000 HP for a chance at a mediocre character's worst power
    Z566HugU.gif
    looks like I'll be spending that HP on the Venom Bomb Vault (or the Vault for the Hulk event)
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I noticed this too. We all have a voice to make them change it: simply don't buy anything from it.

I am guessing the previous vaults were wild successes and they are trying to find that value equilibrium. Probably another test on their part.

I will not be buying anything from this vault.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, **** this. I wasn't a fan on the outset of these vaults, but came around when I realized how much HP I was making. I only pulled those I needed or wanted like Deadpool and Spider-Woman. But not allowing single pulls is just dumb and, honestly, a bit insulting.

They refuse to give the chance that you might pull one over on RNG.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    EXQPOF4.jpg?1
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I've bought from some of them before, and was excited when I saw the pop-up that said it was Agent Venom next. Then I saw the lack of single buys and increased prices. Not buying from this one.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'm shocked they upped the price so soon. Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect it eventually. Casuals must have been going to town on these.

RIP- Good vaults.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the idiotic changes in recent weeks the game is spiraling to the inevitable end. I mean - 3 years for match 3 game is an amazing run. But this is a clear sing that the devs are milking all they can get from current players before the big move to MPQ 2 - Revenge of the Dark Avengers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    If the choice is all or nothing, I chose nothing

There's no excuse for deleting the 1x option

I think you will find that there is an excellent excuse: too many people were buying 1x1 and only spending a few hundred HP on each vault.

This way players are guaranteed more challenging fun! Just like taking guaranteed gold covers out of 10 packs, or forcing new players to buy roster slot bundles. Can't you tell how much more enjoyable this will be for players?!

(But seriously, demi/d3, this aggressive monetization stuff that is both very apparent to most players, and more than a little unwelcome. We get that you have to make money, and are willing to tolerate some of the frustrations necessitated by the freemium model, but treating absolutely every game activity as an opportunity to upsell me on something is sucking a lot of fun out of the game. [c.f. the new max level button])
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    So far there hasn't been a vault I really needed anything from, but I was looking forward to one that had a cover I needed to finish out a character. This change makes it so I never spend on these vaults. They conveniently keep telling me to not spend money on this game. Its so great when the devs do that for you, makes decisions so much easier.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well if we used the old method of buying covers with HP then Agent Venom (2500), three 3*'s (1250 each) at 6250 so 3600 to clear it to get some additional 2*'s and Iso is a real bargain.

JUST KIDDING icon_lol.gif

This is freaking horrible. I actually beginning to think the small vaults were a decent idea and I started buying single tokens for Spider-Woman last vault but now forget it. I will continue to save my HP for slots.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I even got a Dr Strange cover in my vault this time but the lack of single pulls kills it for me. That's a deal breaker.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't even notice. I haven't been partaking because I felt the original was joke. Now this is just an insult. What's next? Every time you open a any token you have to either watch an add or pay HP.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I bought from the Spider Woman vault and got her on the third try (first 2*Daken, then 1000 ISO, and then her making her 2/2/2). Found it a great experience (realizing that I got phenomenally lucky, mind!) and was looking forward to the next one. But yeah, not going to put any HP into this one. Having it be the Red Cover is kinda icing on the cake!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    RIP- Good vaults.

If you're talking about the old 20 vaults icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

People considering them 'good' empowered them to up the price this early. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    OH NO! The thing we're not at all compelled to buy is more expensive.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really don't get it. I guess this vaults were popular, so that is a good way of making us players spend HP (even for single tokens) so Devs make more money, so why ruin it ????? Why be so greedy when they are already getting a lot of HP from it??????

In the worst case (for the Devs) people was getting a 4 cover for 600-1000HP (considering that at least 3-5 pulls were needed, being quite lucky!) every 7 days. There is nothing crazy about this! And we have 40+ 4s, so no one is really going to use this to get a 4 from nothing to maxed.