(POLL) The NEW Max Level Up button

13»

Comments

• Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    The lack of seeing how much ISO is needed to max out is a pain, but then again it never seemed to work for me anyway. It'd usually cap out at whatever cap 80k would get me, so I don't miss it too much.

What does irk me is how friggen sensitive the new level up button is. Since it doesn't stop at the level marker anymore I've pumped all my on hand ISO into a character three times when I just wanted to add a level or two. I'm all for making elements more interactive, but I don't want to play a reflex game every time I go to level up. If nothing else I hope they fix that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. I just contacted the development team this morning to start up a conversation regarding the 'Max Level' button you all have been giving feedback on.
    I'll be sure to follow up with any official news or updates when I get them.

I just want to take a second to say thank you for not only getting in touch with the developers quickly, but also getting back to us and giving us a rough time frame for when we might hear some feedback.

It's an incredibly basic thing, just dropping a post saying "Hi, we're looking into it, we'll get back to you" but it makes a huge difference. You're already making positive steps for this community and so far I'm glad to have you on board =)

Also, I think this communication has been better for general conversation too. I'm seeing a lot less hostile negativity and an increase in constructive critique and feedback. Not to say there wasn't any before, but I'm seeing a better ratio of helpfulness to snark now.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I don't like the new button. I don't see how it help us determine what character to lvl. I prefered the old one, It showed the ISO needed to a determined lvl, so at least I had enough info to decide.

And just in case devs doesn't got the memo yet, I won¡t buy ISO ever with the current values, I would consider buing ISO if I could lvl from 70 to 270 at least 10 characters... we are talking 100€ come on! what do you expect guys?

Why don't you exploit a litle more the VIP feature? you could get a steady income making VIP more attractive, throw there 20-30k more ISO, some extra CP/LT and HP and you will get a ton of people paying everymonth.

PS: please change the button back to how it was.
  • SheRa-007
    SheRa-007 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    The new max iso button is horrible!!!
    I think they should change it back for sure!
    I used the old button every day!
    I also think they should go one step further and show the amount of iso you need total to max the character regardless of the amount of iso you currently have not just the amount of iso you need to max the character to a random level above what they are depending on the amount of iso you currently have. Or a chart that tells how much iso it will cost to max the character from each level.

They also should replace the level up button to one where a single push ups the character to the next level rather than the holding get it down thing they have going on.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    WOW. Even when you have enough ISO to max out a character, the button doesn't even have the decency to say Max Level like it used to.

Now it just says Level 94 (it was a 2* in my case). I personally know that Level 94 is the max level, but I still found it a bit confusing. Is Level 94 the Max Level? Why not just say Max Level then? Why say Level 94, which doesn't mean anything???

Seriously this new button is so bad on so many levels.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Can not express my hatred for the greed button enough. Late last night, unfamiliar that there was a change, I decided to play a little before I went to bed despite being really tired. After finishing I check my cover queue and notice that I have an iron fist cover that is less than 24 hours from expiring. I go to see if I have enough iso to champ him. I had something like 32000 iso and on his level up page I see that it says 78000 iso with the $99 dollar thing on the button, so I figure I needed 7800 to max his level and the button was changed to go right to buying iso if you don't have enough. No way I am getting that much iso in 24 hours so I sold the cover.

Then I look at the next cover in line to expire which is a quicksilver. I go to his level up screen. He is one level higher than iron fist and it shows me as having enough iso to max his level. So I probably could have gotten enough iso to max level and champ iron fist but sold his cover for no reason because the devs are so god damn greedy. I'll remember that the next I actually plan on spending money on the game and save my money.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that the new button is actually counterproductive to D3/Demi themselves. For a player with not that much experience with the game, seeing that to "finish" a character (which is misleading, it's much more), a $100 is necessary, they may think that the F2P or casual spender path is impossible and just quit, discouraged.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I didn't like the previous one that much since it didn't show how much iso was needed to max if you were too far away. It would say _ iso to get to 255 when their max was 270, or something like that. This way is much worse of course. Although there is some satisfaction seeing the cost go from 99 to to 49 to just the amount of iso.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just saw the new button this morning. I had enough Iso to champ everyone until I spent on Fury yesterday.

The button is meaningless to a player. The old button that showed how much you needed was useful. "Buy this that won't even get you there" is stupid with two capital O's. Blatant cash grab. We're smarter than that. They've just removed a useful tool and replaced it with a commercial. Thumbs down.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This new button is terrible for so many reasons such as it is false advertising for one thing and it removes useful information at the same time.

The old ui wasn't perfect either, what is needed is a button that adds one level per click and one that takes you to the max level or max you can reach with the iso you have. If you have those two buttons then people would be fine with having a third button to buy iso as long as it wasn't labeled in such a misleading fashion.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted "hate" for deception - it implies you're maxing the character if you make that purchase, but it's not even close to enough in most cases.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I really hope they fix this soon, because as the other person said, this could be a legal thing..........
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I said I don't care, because I can check the numbers if I need to; less convenient, but still works. But I think this is probably less confusing for new people; I remember the first time I ran into a problem. Sentry's event was starting, and I had him fully covered but less than fully leveled. I was thinking about leveling him up a ways, and I was confused that the max-level button wasn't giving me the option to go to 166. I had it explained (eventually; it took a couple of go-rounds with customer service), but it would have been more clear to me that what it was complaining about was my lack of ISO.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH ISO NEEDED TO MAX A CHARACTER!!!!

Idiots..
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said I don't care, because I can check the numbers if I need to; less convenient, but still works. But I think this is probably less confusing for new people; I remember the first time I ran into a problem. Sentry's event was starting, and I had him fully covered but less than fully leveled. I was thinking about leveling him up a ways, and I was confused that the max-level button wasn't giving me the option to go to 166. I had it explained (eventually; it took a couple of go-rounds with customer service), but it would have been more clear to me that what it was complaining about was my lack of ISO.

The problem now is even worse though as it could easily give somebody the impression that the largest iso bundle will max that character when the reality is far from that in many if not most cases.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well after some days, and getting used to it I can confidently say... this is the WORST change/addition to the UI ever made.

The old button wasn't perfect, but it gave you a clear idea of how many iso was needed to max, and where were you right now. Now you get 0 info. Nothing. Nada.

I hope it gets changed soon.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Well after some days, and getting used to it I can confidently say... this is the WORST change/addition to the UI ever made.

The old button wasn't perfect, but it gave you a clear idea of how many iso was needed to max, and where were you right now. Now you get 0 info. Nothing. Nada.

I'm pretty sure they'll be reversing this one...the tribe has spoken
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

And you're historical precedence for them listening to 'the tribe' is....
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Polares wrote:

And you're historical precedence for them listening to 'the tribe' is....
    Optimism.....I'm trying to inspire optimism
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:

Agreed. The more I play the game with this new button, the more annoyed I get whenever I want to level someone up. I just want to know how much more Iso-8 I need!