(POLL) The NEW Max Level Up button

Comments

• smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The new button is the worst idea ever! How the hell should I know how much iso I need to max? I'm now in constant championing my 4*'s and I need to know that to get all needed ISO before cover expiration :/
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that a lot of you don't like the new design of the Level Up button. icon_e_sad.gif I'll bring the subject up with the development team tomorrow morning once I get to the office.
    the real question is who on the development team thought that a feature that doesn't provide the information we need and only serves as a blatant sales pitch for an overpriced commodity would be perceived any other way?

bravo devs for showing our cynicism may be warranted
    DVtlyzVt.gif

but thanks for your response Brigby
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    From To ISO
    230 270 149945
    213 270 203994
    201 270 238684
    175 270 295876
    165 270 309182
    131 270 342761
    120 270 350446
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    edited December 2016
    This button is obtrusive, in a terrible place. It replaces a useful button that told u how much you needed and it's got to be false advertising! I read that if I spend $128 I can max my 4 star character, which in reality won't even get me half way. I'm really embarrassed of the way this looks and it's a disgrace
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely hate it. There should be a button that maxes the character based on how much ISO you have. Don't make it a "purchase ISO" button! Leave us alone with your endless desperate money grubbing icon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

We have already complained that there's never enough ISO in the game. The solution is NOT forcing us to buy it, especially at such terrible prices.
  • JONofWAR
    JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I would straight up fall in love with a "get the highest level with the ISO you have" button, you can even put the sales pitch in there ("if you purchase this ISO pack you can level this character up another x levels" or similar). This feels like a step in the wrong direction but hopefully we won't have to look at it for long.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that a lot of you don't like the new design of the Level Up button. icon_e_sad.gif I'll bring the subject up with the development team tomorrow morning once I get to the office.

You didn't have to add the sad face. Now I feel bad! ;0;
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Furthermore, as it stands, the new button is misleading. The last thing you want is a misleading CTA / financial transaction. If I didn't know better, I could see that and think "Oh! It's $100 to max level my 4-star!", spend the money, and then learn that this sum only actually brought me less than a third of the way there.

If I went to the Marvel app and saw they were selling a digital comic for $3.99, I clicked the buy button, and then found out that "Oh, actually $3.99 only gets you the first 5 pages, the price of the full comic wasn't displayed in the button" there would be complete bedlam. Everyone would be getting their money back, that's for sure.

And that's not even touching the fact that you CAN buy a full comic book for $1.99 - $4.99, whereas hundreds of dollars spent in this game at best helps you unlock the utility of one out of about a hundred playable characters, assuming you've already put in the time and effort earning all of their covers.
    Just echoing everything about this and want to emphasize a few parts.

The post before it as well.

You're my new best friend.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Terrible - it isn't informative in any way that's actually helpful to a player. Also, I don't like the functionality of the left-side "level up" button. It's too sensitive now, and I found myself pumping ISO into the next level by accident. I'm one of those OCD-ish people who likes to raise characters a level, look at my ISO bank, and decide if I want to keep leveling that character or move on to another.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    "change it back" isn't a very good option either as the old button was actually more confusing IMO. If you had the iso, it just said what was needed, like now.

If you didn't, it listed what iso you had PLUS the iso from a $100 purchase without stating it was including that, so it just gave you an inflated ISO cost that made no sense. At least with the change it is telling you it is including a purchase.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both changes (level up button and max level) are slightly (extremely slightly) better than their original. I voted dislike, but I would rather see them change this to a mechanic that makes sense instead of revert to the old.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I'm guessing this is another example of no input from someone with a 4* roster. When you are more than 78000 iso away from max, this button is far worse than the old one, both in terms of information provided and upsell potential.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. I just contacted the development team this morning to start up a conversation regarding the 'Max Level' button you all have been giving feedback on.
    I'll be sure to follow up with any official news or updates when I get them.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. I just contacted the development team this morning to start up a conversation regarding the 'Max Level' button you all have been giving feedback on.
    I'll be sure to follow up with any official news or updates when I get them.

Thanks Brigby. By way of context, you're probably still in the early part of the game where you're cover-constrained rather than ISO constrained, especially with the recent changes to the ISO flow in the game.

Eventually, though, it will swing back where ISO becomes the bottleneck. At that point, you'll find yourself in a situation where you pull another cover for a character which is cover-maxed and specced the way you want them, but not champed. Now, you're on the clock, because that cover will expire in 2 weeks. The more information you have about how much ISO you'll need to earn to champ that character in time to be able to use that cover as a champ level, the better. It's one of the more common questions that gets asked on LINE. "Do I have enough time to champ X character in Y days?"

The old way wasn't ideal, and confused some people. However, the new way is even worse in some ways. Further obfuscating that information, especially when coupled with the cover expiration clock, can create unrealistic expectations on players and puts the burden on them to seek out outside sources of information.

I understand that there may be reasons why you may not want to put the total ISO needed right next to something that shows how much a portion of that ISO costs. ISO in this game is prohibitively expensive compared to ISO needs. But there are also downsides to not including that information, as people have pointed out. I don't know what the best decision is from the developer point of view, weighing both those factors, but this is a little context from the player side.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to follow up with an update on what the development team said during our discussion:
    We have heard the feedback about the changes to the "Level Jump" button and understand your concerns. We will be discussing what can be done in the coming days. We appreciate all the feedback we have received thus far.
    Thanks for being patient everyone!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate it. But, instead of back to what it was, how about:

Left side: Button to go up 1 level. (Why do we have partial levels?)
    Right side: Button to max, showing entire ISO cost.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Nepenthe wrote:
    I'm guessing this is another example of no input from someone with a 4* roster. When you are more than 78000 iso away from max, this button is far worse than the old one, both in terms of information provided and upsell potential.

Anyone with a decent roster full stop....
    I've got 3*s that need more than 78k to level its not just 4s even on my 2* i am doing for my farm they need more iso than i have and i just get the vastly overpriced pay this amount button and it will just about level them think its about 65ish k total? but i know at least on my 3* the 80 quid package would not max em out let alone the 4*

78k for 79.99 is ridiculous, for the most part it just about levels up a 2*
    Mother lode... more like a drop in the ocean, it will take a chunk of a 3* and be a surface dent on a 4* and prolly an insignificant spec on a 5*

When you think start to compare it to real world value it gets even more stupid, enough iso to level1 4* character of which there's loads of would cost the same as a new console? get me a nice new top of the range graphics card for my pc? It's kind of madness, no wonder you need to try and push it so hard, it literally has no value for money lol
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 people like it.

94f.jpg
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to follow up with an update on what the development team said during our discussion:
    We have heard the feedback about the changes to the "Level Jump" button and understand your concerns. We will be discussing what can be done in the coming days. We appreciate all the feedback we have received thus far.
    Thanks for being patient everyone!

Thanks Brigby! And just to clarify, I don't think that most of us are unhappy with there being a button to purchase ISO. Most of us may never use it because its prohibitively expensive, but I for one understand the desire to want to reduce barriers and steps towards players making purchases. The only real issues are that 1) It has been implemented so as to replace a feature we all regularly use and find helpful in gameplay, and 2) It's completely inaccurate to top things off. If the button showed the true dollar cost for the ISO needed and there was ALSO always a way to see how much ISO you need to max your character (and heck, why not show different level benchmarks? i.e. Amount of ISO to the next threshold, whether it be lvl. 100, 200, 220, etc.... this can exist outside of the button), we'd be happy.
    firethorne wrote:
    Hate it. But, instead of back to what it was, how about:

Left side: Button to go up 1 level. (Why do we have partial levels?)
    Right side: Button to max, showing entire ISO cost.

What if, instead of to max, it was to the different level thresholds? Like "Spend 20K ISO to get to lvl 220" / Spend $XX.XX to get X amount of ISO to get to lvl 220", etc.

Having a one-click max button isn't very useful, anyway. How many times could each player ever even click it? But if it took me to set level thresholds, it'd be more useful. Even if I had all of the necessary ISO to max because I hoarded, it'd be what, 10-15 clicks? Or even holding it down for a few seconds? Hardly a chore.