(POLL) The NEW Max Level Up button

Oldboy
Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With the R115 update, the new Max level up button doesn't show you the iso needed to max level your character. Instead it shows the amount of iso to purchase from the store to make up your iso shortfall.

What do you think about it?

(Edited title for clarity)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    needs to show how much i actually need instead of reminding me how absurdly overpriced ISO is
  • Oldboy
    It doesnt even show the correct iso needed to purchase. Say i have a level 70 max covered 4* and a lvl 130 max covered 4* and i only have 200k iso. Both show me i 'need' to purchase 78k iso. Except that this amount doesn't max level both of them. At least the previous button gave you a better idea.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    It doesnt even show the correct iso needed to purchase. Say i have a level 70 max covered 4* and a lvl 130 max covered 4* and i only have 200k iso. Both show me i 'need' to purchase 78k iso. Except that this amount doesn't max level both of them. At least the previous button gave you a better idea.

Well since nothing is tested, is there a glitch that lets you Max the character by just buying $100 78k iso?!
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy wrote:

Well since nothing is tested, is there a glitch that lets you Max the character by just buying $100 78k iso?!

Hah! Would anyone like to try?
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Rather than encouraging the purchase of ISO, I think the "improvement" highlights how absurdly expensive it is to buy just a few levels-worth of ISO.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I hate it. Now I have no idea what I'm shooting for in total iso needed to finish a character and though I do spend money on the game you'll get frostbite in Hell before I buy iso at those prices.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I have to agree about it merely showing how expensive ISO is. It was $70 CAD to max my kingpin when he was already at 262. I can't really ever see wanting to do that.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that a lot of you don't like the new design of the Level Up button. icon_e_sad.gif I'll bring the subject up with the development team tomorrow morning once I get to the office.
  • Oldboy
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that a lot of you don't like the new design of the Level Up button. icon_e_sad.gif I'll bring the subject up with the development team tomorrow morning once I get to the office.

Thanks Brigby!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Personally I think it's alright. The old button also basically tell you that you need to buy additional ISO, but at least the new one is now being upfront about it. There are probably better ways to implement the button though.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Are you tinykitty kidding me??? I used the max button all the time to so that I could know EXACTLY how much ISO needed to level up my characters so that I could save up. This "improvement" sucks!!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    crying-in-rain-gif.gif?gs=a
  • Oldboy
    Personally I think it's alright. The old button also basically tell you that you need to buy additional ISO, but at least the new one is now being upfront about it. There are probably better ways to implement the button though.

The problem with the new button is that it doesnt tell you how much you need to max level your character (whether max level or max level that is limited to your current iso). It only gives the amount to buy and even then it doesnt necessarily mean that you will max level your character since the max amt of iso you can buy in one purchase is 78000. The old one at least shows you the amount to reach level XXX and then gives you the option to buy the needed iso if you select it while having insufficient iso. This makes it difficult to plan iso savings and expenditure for levelling up characters and others see it as a cash grab by the devs.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    I dont like it as well it does not say how much iso needed as before. Chance it back or fix it
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Just wanted to create a topic about this, but luckily we seem to be in agreement.

I have a level 111 4cyke, full covers, 200k IsO and I do not have the slightest clue how much ISO I actually need to champ him. Button reads 78k IsO for 99€, but it will surely cost more than 278k.

Really, how can this pass basic UI tests?
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    It would be good to know what the new button is intended to do...

I cant see how anyone wants to know that £78 doesn't even max a 4* that is level 220 and only 50 levels from max.

That fact alone shows the absurdity of the ISO pricing model.... as £78 should get multiple 4* characters from scratch.

Surely a "Max Level with available ISO" button is worth having as that would save some time... with a separate "You need X ISO to max level your character based on covers" piece of info, which could theoretically take you to the shop.

Add that to a +1 level button rather than this "whole hold down the button to add XP" fiasco, given that the only reason to partly level a character is to abuse the 4* sale rates with a two cover level 82 4* with a few extra ISO spent on it, so while we might complain about the loss of that little exploit as players, the positive impact of an "ADD LEVEL" button would certainly drown out the whining...

so, IMO, there should be 3 pieces of info/buttons

"ADD LEVEL" - Button that just spends the ISO and adds a level
    "MAX LEVEL with Available ISO" - Button that either levels the character to the maximum level for covers or for available ISO (in whole levels) whichever uses the least ISO
    "ISO to MAX LEVEL character" - Button that shows the amount of ISO to level to current maximum over and above available ISO. (So would show 0 if player has enough ISO to max level their character) Pushing button takes player to the buy ISO shop...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a pretty terrible change. I'm fine with them adding in a functionality to purchase ISO, as it makes one less step to their store. I would personally never purchase ISO as it is so absurdly priced that the mere idea of it nearly drives me to insanity. But, like, I get why it's there. It doesn't bother me that they've added the button to that page.

What DOES bother me, is that something absurd and useless to me has replaced something I use every single day that has great utility: an indicator of ISO needed to get to various benchmarks. I reference this as I collect and spend ISO, as I level my roster, as I sit on covers that will expire (i.e. "How much do I need to champ this character? How many days do I have? Can I do X amount of ISO in that many days?" etc.)

I will always be at an ISO deficit, the game is designed that way, and the most I ever horde before spending it is 100K ISO. I'm in the process of leveling up my 4-stars, so that means all I will ever see from here on out is the $100 Buy Button. And without an easy indicator of how much ISO I need, without having that info readily available to inform my decisions, my gameplay style will inevitable change. I'll have to horde ISO longer, and I'll be more reserved in my decisions, and ultimately less invested in daily play because I won't be engaging in building my characters' levels as frequently.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Furthermore, as it stands, the new button is misleading. The last thing you want is a misleading CTA / financial transaction. If I didn't know better, I could see that and think "Oh! It's $100 to max level my 4-star!", spend the money, and then learn that this sum only actually brought me less than a third of the way there.

If I went to the Marvel app and saw they were selling a digital comic for $3.99, I clicked the buy button, and then found out that "Oh, actually $3.99 only gets you the first 5 pages, the price of the full comic wasn't displayed in the button" there would be complete bedlam. Everyone would be getting their money back, that's for sure.

And that's not even touching the fact that you CAN buy a full comic book for $1.99 - $4.99, whereas hundreds of dollars spent in this game at best helps you unlock the utility of one out of about a hundred playable characters, assuming you've already put in the time and effort earning all of their covers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Just a note Brigby, it is not the level up button, it is the max level button! (the one on the right, just to be super clear icon_razz.gif)

Yeah, I hate it too. Seeing just the amount of iso I need to buy to not getting anywhere doesn't help me at all (most of the time it basically just shows the max iso I can buy). This button should always show the amount of iso needed to max that char (not like before that it was just your current iso+max iso you can buy, but at least before you knew where you where with that amount of iso).

Maybe we can even show the iso somewhere else and then add a +10 levels button instead. This info doesn't need to be in a button.

I doubt a lot of people buys iso, at least not the 100$ iso (probably more people buy the small amounts when they begin playing), so basically Devs removed a useful piece of information just to save one click, for almost no one.

And I agree with "mega ghost" this button is misleading, it looks like you will be able to max it with that amount of iso, when this is not what will happen. This is probably 'punishable' by law.

Oh, and now that we are talking, make iso cheaper!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I like the ability to hold down the raise level button for quick successive level raising. How it was before wasn’t really a bother but it’s a nice add.

The new max button that will most of the time display the monetary cost of the iso required is not something that bothers me either. It doesn’t make me want to press it, ive played for 3 years so im aware of the cost of the iso and either way ill get the iso I need as some point as I progress daily through the game. Ill just ignore it.