**** Medusa (Inhuman Queen) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Medusa (Inhuman Queen) :medusa:
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At Max Level: HP: 13995 85/74/11/65/12/13/4.0x

The Resolute Queen 0 yellowtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) No matter the situation, Queen Medusa protects and leads her people with unwavering loyalty and determination. Whenever an Attack, Protect or Strike tile is matched, if it was a friendly tile, give a burst of 190 health to the team. If it was an enemy tile, gain 1 AP in Purple, Blue or Green.
      Level 2: Give a burst of 250 health. Level 3: Give a burst of 297 health, or gain 2 AP in Purple, Blue or Green. Level 4: Give a burst of 410 health. Level 5: Give a burst of 662 health, or gain 3 AP in Purple, Blue or Green.
    Max Level:
      Level 3: Give a burst of 578 health or 2 AP in Purple, Blue, or Green. Level 4: Give a burst of 798 health or 2 AP in Purple, Blue, or Green. Level 5: Give a burst of 1298 health or 3 AP in Purple, Blue, or Green.

Entangled 0 redtile.png AP
      (PASSIVE) Medusa sends her hair out to grab and whip opponents. Every turn, if one does not exist, create a 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 83 damage every turn. If this tile gets destroyed, create 2 strength 40 Attack tiles.
        Level 2: Creates a 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 120 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 55 Attack tiles. Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals 146 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 73 Attack tiles. Level 4: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals 211 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 106 Attack tiles. Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that deals 340 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 171 Attack tiles.
      Max Level
        Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals 284 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 143 Attack tiles. Level 4: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals 411 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 206 Attack tiles. Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that deals 664 damage every turn or becomes 2 strength 333 Attack tiles.

Hair Meddle 10 purpletile.png AP
        Medusa’s hair wriggles its way through enemy defenses, causing chaos and confusion. Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, stealing any swapped enemy strike tiles.
          Level 2: Can steal protect tiles as well. Level 3: Also improves stolen tiles by 132. Level 4: Can also steal Attack tiles. Level 5: Improves stolen tiles by 221.
        Max Level:
          Level 3: Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, stealing any swapped enemy Strike or Protect tiles, improving them by 258. Level 4: Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, stealing any swapped enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles, improving them by 258. Level 5: Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, stealing any swapped enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles, improving them by 431.

Comments

• Cthulhu
          working on her icon, will update soon
        • Jaedenkaal
          Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
          Cthulhu wrote:
            The Resolute Queen 0 yellowtile.png AP
            (PASSIVE) No matter the situation, Queen Medusa protects and leads her people with unwavering loyalty and determination. Whenever an Attack, Protect or Strike tile is matched, if it was a friendly tile, give a burst of 190 health to the team. If it was an enemy tile, gain 1 AP in Purple, Blue or Green.

Is this when either team makes a match?
          • ErikPeter
            ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
            Bonkers. They're really upping the power level lately... No surprise she overlaps on Star-Lord's colors. Team her with any decent special generator and look out.
          • Cthulhu
            Only when the player makes a match, not when the opponent does.
          • stochasticism
            stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
            The damage on red seems a little low. Compare to Iron Fist, who at L166 does 486 a turn with his attack tile. Medusa's red does have the benefit of spawning attacks when matched though, so you can triple dip on strikes every turn potentially. The attacks basically increase the damage by the base damage every time the tile is matched, so this could compound quickly. You actually want to match this to get that damage going. Looks like the CD is on a random color too so you won't get stuck by matching all the red away, which is nice. Will have to see this in action to get a true sense.

Seems clear 5/5/3 but you have to bring your own tile maker. Playing against a strike/protect/attack maker then 3/5/5 is the better option and opens up your team possibilities a lot.
          • zonatahunt
            zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
            Cthulhu, is her team healing true...or just fake healing for the match?
          • Jaedenkaal
            Red seems fine to me:

Scaled to 270 IF's attack tile is approximately strength 607, so that's already "lower" although Medusa may experience some downtime depending on the order in which the tiles countdown and are created (think Scarlet Witch vs Wasp; I'd guess its more likely the former).

However, Medusa can't get 'stuck' with a weaker attack tile on the board, which can happen to Iron Fist with varying degrees of ease depending on your team, and additionally, you only have to match away the CD once and the auto-damage starts to get out of hand pretty quickly. And apparently you can even leave it for the AI to match for you... icon_lol.gif Also, as you pointed out, at this point we have no reason to believe that either the CD tile or the Attack tiles that it spawns are fixed to a particular color, which is another advantage for Medusa

Oh, one more question: If you make a match that includes both a friendly A/P/S tile and an enemy A/P/S tile, do you get both effects? And what determines the colour of the AP you gain for enemy tiles? Is it random, or linked to the type of tile (or something else)?
            zonatahunt wrote:
            Cthulhu, is her team healing true...or just fake healing for the match?

Burst of health is not true healing. I admire your optimism, but I wouldn't count on ever again seeing a character that true heals others.
          • Skygazing
            Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
            Her red is one of the nastiest powers in-game IMO. Take away the turn it comes into play, assume it sticks around, and you're averaging an extra 531 damage a turn. Even with just an unboosted 4* team that means you're effectively getting unchamped 5* match damage out of her (even when unboosted). Match that CD tile? She makes attack tiles that do more damage, then makes another CD tile (not to mention her yellow then heals the entire team) effectively doubling that damage per turn. It's a supercharged IF black.

Her yellow isn't quite as nasty, but still a pain to deal with. It's KK yellow except more potent and it's going to trigger more often, even with minimal friendly special tiles. The AP gain is just icing on the cake. My question is whether or not the color of AP gained is random or if it corresponds to the type of tile matched. I'm leaning towards the latter, because she herself generates attack tiles, and if the order matches then attack corresponds with purple, which would fuel her only active power.

Her purple is arguably the "weakest" of the three, but still strong. 16 seems to be the sweet spot for swapping and tile destruction to generate the most cascades, and on top of that it has the potential to steal. Either of the Cages, IF, OML, PHX, and plenty of other special tile generators are going to hate seeing her. Especially if attack tiles do in fact correspond with purple AP.

5/5/3 will likely be the standard but I can see arguments for 3/5/5, especially if paired with Carnage. The two of them together look particularly aggravating, but honestly she's the premier 4* support and will play well with pretty much anyone.

Guessing she'll be the new chase 4* now that a good chunk of players have covered Peggy.
          • Cthulhu
            Jaedenkaal wrote:
            Oh, one more question: If you make a match that includes both a friendly A/P/S tile and an enemy A/P/S tile, do you get both effects? And what determines the colour of the AP you gain for enemy tiles? Is it random, or linked to the type of tile (or something else)?

Good question, I'll try and find out!
          • Cthulhu
            Cthulhu wrote:
            Only when the player makes a match, not when the opponent does.

I was wrong, it actually works if the opponent matches too
          • Cthulhu
            Medusa will do both powers if you or the opponent match a friendly and enemy Special Tile in the same match. I just triggered both with one move causing AP gain and healing.

edited
          • stochasticism
            Any answer to whether the AP generated is random or if the color is tied to something?
          • Cthulhu
            doesn't appear to be tied, so far it seems i get something different then what I match, i'll keep trying.
          • Jaedenkaal
            Cthulhu wrote:
            Medusa will do both powers if you or the opponent match a friendly and enemy Special Tile in the same match. I just triggered both with one move causing AP gain and healing.

edited
            Ooooh... That's scary. I'm liking this more and more. Thanks so much for the quick responses.
          • Cthulhu
            After playing a few matches, if Purple, Blue or Green is matched you get that AP, but if you match one of the AP's her power doesn't list it's random.
          • stochasticism
            Thanks for the info Cthulu. She sounds deadly.
          • GrimSkald
            GrimSkald Posts: 2,486 Chairperson of the Boards
            Cthulhu wrote:
            doesn't appear to be tied, so far it seems i get something different then what I match, i'll keep trying.

This is consistent with, say, Miles. Miles gets one "web tile benefit" per match, regardless of the number of tiles included.

The fact that she gets her benefit if either team makes a match is... pretty good. She's definitely looking like the premier anti-special tile character.
          • Pwuz_
            Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
            Do I hear wedding bells? Carnage just found a new partner for Life!

Toss in someone with a decent Blue/Yellow/Black and you've got a full rainbow. Go for just a Blue user in a pinch... like Doc Ock? Oh, well that's just insane.
          • himatako
            himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
            Her red says "If this tile gets destroyed". If this works the same way as X-Pool's "Countdown for What", then her red is really good. You don't even have to make a match to generate attack tiles! Any special tile-included tile destruction abilities would work, whether it's fired by you or your opponent.

I'm a sucker for a trickster supporting character like this, so I'm really looking forward to adding her to my roster icon_lol.gif
          • Pylgrim
            Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
            himatako wrote:
            Her red says "If this tile gets destroyed". If this works the same way as X-Pool's "Countdown for What", then her red is really good. You don't even have to make a match to generate attack tiles! Any special tile-included tile destruction abilities would work, whether it's fired by you or your opponent.

I'm a sucker for a trickster supporting character like this, so I'm really looking forward to adding her to my roster icon_lol.gif

Oh good catch! Can we get confirmation of this behaviour? I reckon quickest way of checking would be using Quake's blue or Gwenpool's sploits to destroy the tile.