Guess tomorrow's 4* vault

Options

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm thinking XFW; I'm hoping Cage black (only 4* cover I'm missing, aside from Agent Venom).
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Until they add either more than 1 4 star, or a way to earn covers, I can't see value in these at all.

I feel like no players who can afford 3000 iso for 1 4 star cover, need 1 4 star cover.

I spent 3000 Hero Points on the Deadpool vault and 1350 on the Invisible Woman vault. Even without spending any money I have excess Hero Points between Story Mode, Versus Mode and Shield Intercepts.

And to follow up my main point

do these change the game for you?

Did they make your roster stronger?

Did they allow you to level those characters up to be your strongest?

Was this a significant portion of your HP?

I'm kinda getting at the fact your roster is probably in a place where you just had extra hp and said why not instead of those being game changing.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

I'm kinda getting at the fact your roster is probably in a place where you just had extra hp and said why not instead of those being game changing.

I've been playing for over a year and I've only pulled 2 Xforce Deadpool covers from tokens. The red Deadpool cover did nothing but make me feel better.

My Invisible Woman was at 12 covers with two colors already at 5 covers. The cover from the vault put her at 13 covers so it did make my roster stronger and allows me to champion her when I chose to do so.

3000 points for Deadpool was about 90% of my hero points at the time. 1350 for Invisible woman was only about 25% of my hero points last week.

I have about half of the 4 stars at 13 covers now with ten of them championed. No single cover except for my first yellow Old Man Logan cover will be game changing for me. Hero Points have no value in and of themselves; I am using them in a manner that I think helps my progression in the game the most.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dunno but I'm hoping for Kate blue - my 0/5/4 Kate would like that very much...so much that I'd actually participate in buying from it.....
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I've been playing for over a year and I've only pulled 2 Xforce Deadpool covers from tokens. The red Deadpool cover did nothing but make me feel better.

My Invisible Woman was at 12 covers with two colors already at 5 covers. The cover from the vault put her at 13 covers so it did make my roster stronger and allows me to champion her when I chose to do so.

3000 points for Deadpool was about 90% of my hero points at the time. 1350 for Invisible woman was only about 25% of my hero points last week.

I have about half of the 4 stars at 13 covers now with ten of them championed. No single cover except for my first yellow Old Man Logan cover will be game changing for me. Hero Points have no value in and of themselves; I am using them in a manner that I think helps my progression in the game the most.

Thats very fair.

I personally see hero points valuable because of slots and shielding, slots being the number one thing you need in this game to progress besides covers.
    But if you earn that many hero points in those time frames, it's working out for you.
  • HaywireII
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    I dunno but I'm hoping for Kate blue - my 0/5/4 Kate would like that very much...so much that I'd actually participate in buying from it.....

My 0/1/5 Kate is impressed by your 0/5/4 Kate. Random numbers go! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HaywireII
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

Thats very fair.

I personally see hero points valuable because of slots and shielding, slots being the number one thing you need in this game to progress besides covers.
    But if you earn that many hero points in those time frames, it's working out for you.

I normally place in the top 50 in Story Mode and that seems to get me enough points for my roster slots. In Versus Mode I was only using a 3 hour and an 8 hour shield (back when cupcakes were around) and breaking even on points there.

Now with recent changes (Shield Clearance Levels and Intercepts) I'm getting a lot more hero points weekly than I was a few months ago. With the death of cupcakes I tend to use two 3 hour and two 8 hour shields to get to 900 points and I'm still hero point positive. I never would have pulled from vaults like these 3 or 4 months ago but now they fit for me and probably for a lot of people.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I NEED tomorrow's vault to feature 4Clops Blue, but..
    My guesses would be Moonknight, X-23, or Gwenpool
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

My 0/1/5 Kate is impressed by your 0/5/4 Kate. Random numbers go! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Amazingly, my Kate is also 0/1/5. Does the blue cover... really exist? icon_eek.gif
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Green RHulk and they can have my 3k. Don't want it to be red peggy as I have her coming anyway from Miss Marvel and could do without the temptation. Other than Rhulk I have no one else who needs a certain cover that isn't about to drop from 3* champs.

I'm going to bet it's Yellow Prof X.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Options
    if you don't play very competitively in PvP then what else is HP good for anyway besides roster slots? It's a good way for mid-tier players to be sure to get a specific cover, and it's not necessarily 3k HP

Since I also (i don't remember what you guys call it) is it churn 2* champions? the bad draws are not totally useless either. I did the first vault but did not need IW covers , it's a vault by vault decision.

Not everything is for top 1% players you know?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm spacing out, but didn't someone else get a rework recently?
  • HaywireII
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Since I also (i don't remember what you guys all it) is it churn 2* champions??

Oh yeah, my 2* Farm. I knew all those Hero Points were coming from somewhere else too.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

Amazingly, my Kate is also 0/1/5. Does the blue cover... really exist? icon_eek.gif

My 0/2/2 Kate is starting to wonder.... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I dunno.. make a guess? Because I'm bored and IW's vault is about to disappear?

They've been doing very bad characters to see how willing we are to do this. So who's next... Mr. F?
    Hopefully this is the Boss Rush compensation and apology vault.
    So Many of us missed out on Peggy Carter covers due to the levels being so HARD only the gods could successfully complete.
    If they can sneak two Peggy Carter covers in the vault *cough cough* Yellow and blue, all will be forgiven.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully this is the Boss Rush compensation and apology vault.
    LOL They've made it abundantly clear they will never apologize for Boss Rush or any of their other mistakes. Good one though. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:

It's my fault with my 4/0/1 Kate who took all the blue of the game ! I only got blue by rng, my purple cover is from the progression of a pve event this month.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Miles purple.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Star Lord..they re-run "Amadeus' Inferno" after his rework so if reworked characters are the theory Starlord would be the one
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rumakashi wrote:
    bigsmooth wrote:

It's my fault with my 4/0/1 Kate who took all the blue of the game ! I only got blue by rng, my purple cover is from the progression of a pve event this month.

My 2-5-5 Kate says they do exist as well, but I've thrown out 2 covers waiting on that third blue.