R114 Bug - Adding Levels Shows "Recruit" Screen

13»

Comments

• 1 step forward 2 steps back. It is the MPQ way.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    The bigger issue was being unable to exit the cover screen.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Had this issue as well. The champion level was applied but I couldn't tell if the reward was applied. I used the android back button to exit the recruit screen.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Just happened again when I tried to add a level for Mohawk Storm.

iPad Pro.
  • Last time I opened the game there was a post about leveling champions and getting the recruit page. When I opened the game this morning I didn't see the message again, so I couldn't swear to what it said. However, I thought it said to level up your champions from the roster page to avoid the issue. Well, I went to my roster to add a level to my championed Wolverine and I it acted buggy. The cover popped up under some other text, and when I tapped on continue it acted like I recruited a brand new character.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    This is also happening to me. My first thought: "Gee....another bug. What a shocker."
  • jazzkitz
    jazzkitz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I'm having the same issue. It's very frustrating. Why isn't this fixed yet?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    jazzkitz wrote:

Some smaller bugs can be fixed with "Hot fixes", these are the small daily patches.

Bigger bugs need a significant update (R113, R114 etc.), these are only released every 2 weeks or so.

They havent really got into details as to why its this way as far as I'm aware.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    jazzkitz wrote:

Some smaller bugs can be fixed with "Hot fixes", these are the small daily patches.

Bigger bugs need a significant update (R113, R114 etc.), these are only released every 2 weeks or so.

They havent really got into details as to why its this way as far as I'm aware.

Really; I fail to realize why the fix for this bug couldn't be merged back down into the current R114 release and have an out-of-band explicit R114a hotfix version release.
    Unless ofcourse the developers' version control set-up doesn't allow this kind of thing.

(In which case they should really change it, so they can allow it. Because as the current situation shows: it's necessary to have it.)
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    R115 coming still without fix?!!!!!!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    RIF
    Brigby wrote:
      • The Recruit Character screen is only displayed when a character has just been recruited.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I just downloaded the update, when i try to train now using iso it gives me the cover image with a button that says "recruit" and it wont let me back out of the screen, have to force close.

FYI

Graphical bug, hit recruit and it will train it correctly.

And if you don't activate the recruit button but are puzzled/scared by the recruit screen appearing and hit the 'back' button instead, your cover is consumed without the character having been trained. That is a real problem, right there. And not a "cosmetic" or "graphical" issue.

I've had that happen with a 2* Storm cover, so; no biggy.
    I can imagine players that had it happen with a 4* or even a 5* cover being rightfully ticked off.