R114 Bug - Adding Levels Shows "Recruit" Screen

Comments

• Addix
    Addix Posts: 35
    I've seen the other thread so i know applying new champion levels comes up with the "recruit" screen, but clicking on that does nothing. I have to go to the roster and apply the champion level from there.....doesn't work from the "train" screen however many times I press the recruit button. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might depend on your platform. I haven't done it with my Android phone, but I know in Steam, if I add the level from the queue, it applies the XP, applies the champion level, but displays the 'recruit' screen.

If I add it from the training screen, everything goes normally - I know because I just did a half-dozen covers that way on my Steam account.

I'm about to do DDQ on my phone, so we'll see if I get any 2* from tacos to try it out with.
  • Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Happened to me when I went to add a couple levels via Iso to the Peggy I am leveling to champ.

Showed a recruit button after going into train then selecting the level button.

I have a cover of here's in my queue currently as well.

Same here. Wanted to champ Kingpin but i can't. Very annoying, because i have a cover that will expire in less than 5 days...

Update: Found a way: you have to go in roster page instead of train page and do it selecting the character manually.
  • Addix
    "Might depend on your platform. I haven't done it with my Android phone, but I know in Steam, if I add the level from the queue, it applies the XP, applies the champion level, but displays the 'recruit' screen."

IOS. It just stays with the character cover up and the recruit button at the bottom. Have to restart to get rid of it as you can't go back and nothing happens when you try to recruit.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Guy from my alliance reported that he couldn't add champion level from the queue screen (in was 'recruit' only). And when he restarted the game the cover wasn't in the queue anymore.
    I don't know what OS is he using but definitely there's something wrong...

I will not update the game until I'm forced to.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Happens on Android as well. I pushed the "Raise Level" button before a match and got stuck.
    This needs a hotfix asap thankyouverymuch.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'm on IOS and can press the Recruit button, which leads to the normal "character recruited" screen. Otherwise there are no negative effects; I don't get a duplicate character in a phantom roster slot like that one time with Cho Hulk; the champion level is added and the reward is credited as normal.
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I'm having the same issue on my Android phone. Any attempt to add covers ir levels just takes my to the recruit screen.
  • CarlS
    CarlS Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Same problem here, trying to increase Carnage for the 4* DPD mission and all I'm getting is the recruit button.
  • CarlS
    CarlS Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    CarlS wrote:
    Same problem here, trying to increase Carnage for the 4* DPD mission and all I'm getting is the recruit button.
    Was reading through the other thread, there's a way round it by going to the roster screen and increasing the level from there.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Ran into the same bug, but through a different method. I went to add some levels on Carnage before his Clash match through the "train" button at the character select screen and ended stuck at the "recruit" screen. Unlike the champion level glitch, I couldn't find a way to back out of this screen and had to close down the app. No damage was done though, so it was just an inconvenience. You can still level up a character going through the roster section.
  • Addix

Thanks. I'll wait to see if the next patch solves it. 2* champ levels only get added through the roster screen, I've tried several times after reading through all the posts; it just stays on the recruit screen with no way back and nothing happening (I hope.) Restarted and applied through the character on the roster screen.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    It's not just champs- my level 94 Carnage can't increase levels normally. If I try and go to the training screen, I just get that "Roster" screen and can't level him up.

I have to actually go to him in my roster section and click him, then use the level up button there.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Ran into the same bug, but through a different method. I went to add some levels on Carnage before his Clash match through the "train" button at the character select screen and ended stuck at the "recruit" screen. Unlike the champion level glitch, I couldn't find a way to back out of this screen and had to close down the app. No damage was done though, so it was just an inconvenience. You can still level up a character going through the roster section.

Just had this same encounter, I wanted to level up my Carnage (who is 1/3/1 currently level 94) and could not add levels to him from the "Train" section, as every time it just pulled up this "Recruit" screen.

I was able to level up him by viewing him from the Recruit section and then leveling up. Bleh.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I noticed that too with star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

I doubled checked I still have the same number in my roster & I did indeed got my level up rewards.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noticed this one myself - I also double (and triple-) checked to make sure I was getting rewards. I'm glad to see it's a known issue and getting fixed.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Of course they don't test. Testing interferes with sprint deadlines!

The irony is ofcourse that if you have proper testing procedures, you can avoid spending half the sprint frantically trying to unscrew what you screwed with in the preceeding sprint and would actually increase your feature delivery velocity manyfold.

Maybe they should clue management in on that, if they really don't get the time for proper testing. icon_razz.gif

Unfortunately, in some work environments, "cluing" uncovers a direct path to the door.
  • Had the same issue - but it appears to still train your toons. Or at least it did for Championed characters.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just downloaded the update, when i try to train now using iso it gives me the cover image with a button that says "recruit" and it wont let me back out of the screen, have to force close.

FYI

Graphical bug, hit recruit and it will train it correctly.