So...Lazy Daken....

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    MikeHock wrote:
    Thread title change from Lazy D A K EN to Lazy "Clawkid"?

What is going on with this forum chaning the character names? It's kinda funny, but a little annoying.

What's today?
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

What is going on with this forum chaning the character names? It's kinda funny, but a little annoying.

What's today?

tuesday
  • Type in the normal names then hit preview and see what you come up with. Then think some more about the significance of this date
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    smartyr wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

What's today?

tuesday

The day Bison graced our village?
    tumblr_lwjdglD2vL1r45m07o1_500.jpg
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    smartyr wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

What's today?

tuesday

The day Bison graced our village?
    tumblr_lwjdglD2vL1r45m07o1_500.jpg

OF COURSE
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    MikeHock wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Good job everyone, by now you should all have received all three covers of Lazy Captain America and a nice infusion of ISO-8 icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh, I must have missed when they handed out 3 Lazy Cap covers to everyone! I did earn some ISO in the last 10 day grind, but nope, no Cap. I had to use many boosts to win various missions. It's a never ending cycle in both PvE and PvP; having to use boosts to win raises your MMR and the levels of the bad guys in your PvE missions, perpetuating the endless cycle of needing boosts to win.

You didn't even get one Mr. Rogers cover? Since you joined the forum before I'd even heard of MPQ, I'm gonna assume that you at least have a solid 2* team and a bunch of odd 3* covers. Given that, "busting your ****" while not getting even one cover either means you're doing it wrong, or something very weird is happening with your game in particular.
  • He will be a beast. Somewhat dreading it.
  • It would be nice if they make golden juggernaught too. One shotting enemies. I mean one headbutting. With an extra color probably passive. No hawkeye pls
  • With as many Widow variants, it seems wrong not to have a Lazy Widow. Lazy Daken would pair well with Lazy Widow
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugpop wrote:
    With as many Widow variants, it seems wrong not to have a Lazy Widow. Lazy Daken would pair well with Lazy Widow

Well we already have a 3* Widow, and it's bad enough some think OBW is OP, but I guess some men just want to watch the forum melt down. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Maybe we all got it wrong. The rumors of a new 4* have been floating around and we all thought it would be Human Torch, What if it is Lazy Daken who will be 4*s

Why worry about a lvl 115 Daken when he could be lvl 189 icon_razz.gif
  • HailMary wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Good job everyone, by now you should all have received all three covers of Lazy Captain America and a nice infusion of ISO-8 icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh, I must have missed when they handed out 3 Lazy Cap covers to everyone! I did earn some ISO in the last 10 day grind, but nope, no Cap. I had to use many boosts to win various missions. It's a never ending cycle in both PvE and PvP; having to use boosts to win raises your MMR and the levels of the bad guys in your PvE missions, perpetuating the endless cycle of needing boosts to win.

You didn't even get one Mr. Rogers cover? Since you joined the forum before I'd even heard of MPQ, I'm gonna assume that you at least have a solid 2* team and a bunch of odd 3* covers. Given that, "busting your ****" while not getting even one cover either means you're doing it wrong, or something very weird is happening with your game in particular.

Nope, no Cap covers for me. I earned two Original Black Widow covers. I have 3 3* characters over Level 100 and have a decent team.

When someone says "Im doing it wrong", I'm guessing it just means im not exploiting the ridiculous rubberbanding. And since i really don't understand the inner mechanics of this game, I just play all missions at least once and play a few others to try and get 500 ISO rewards.

By the end of round 3, even though I had been finishing both easy and hard anywhere from 20th-50th, my overall score kept dropping! End of round 3 I was in 74th place, even though I was finishing in the Top 50 in rounds 1-3!

Round 4, I couldn't win about 2-3 of the all the missions and was getting frustrated. My ranking kept dropping so I said EFF this, I'm not grinding and wasting my time & my boosts to get OBW covers I don't need.
  • If you pair a Lazy Daken with Patch, you will just need to switch between two in a match to let themselves heal. You can even hide Black Panther/GSBW behind Daken's/Patch colors if leveled just about right and you deal massive damage to each enemy while acquiring very little damage because of the heals. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    MikeHock wrote:
    Nope, no Cap covers for me. I earned two Original Black Widow covers. I have 3 3* characters over Level 100 and have a decent team.

When someone says "Im doing it wrong", I'm guessing it just means im not exploiting the ridiculous rubberbanding. And since i really don't understand the inner mechanics of this game, I just play all missions at least once and play a few others to try and get 500 ISO rewards.

By the end of round 3, even though I had been finishing both easy and hard anywhere from 20th-50th, my overall score kept dropping! End of round 3 I was in 74th place, even though I was finishing in the Top 50 in rounds 1-3!

Round 4, I couldn't win about 2-3 of the all the missions and was getting frustrated. My ranking kept dropping so I said EFF this, I'm not grinding and wasting my time & my boosts to get OBW covers I don't need.
    Yeah, you need to focus a bit more on timing: play smart, not hard (well, kinda hard, but you know what I mean). Basically, all you really need to know is this:
    1. Each node's points fully refresh/recharge 12 hours after your last fight on that node (for some PvE events, the refresh interval is 8 hours).
    2. Point values increase in proportion to how much you trail the global points leader in that given sub.
    3. Generally, sub rounds increase in value, so the last set of subs will be much more valuable than the first round of subs.

That's pretty much it, really.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I don't see that happening, my gut says he's gonna have 3 skills, the question, are they all going to be passive, or is there going to be 1 active, the reason I think there will be 3 skills, is because of how the prize pools are designed for 3

Doom's been available for top rewards before and he only has two skills. They just reward 2 of the same color for the top tier rather than just one of that color
  • HailMary wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Yeah, you need to focus a bit more on timing: play smart, not hard (well, kinda hard, but you know what I mean). Basically, all you really need to know is this:
    1. Each node's points fully refresh/recharge 12 hours after your last fight on that node (for some PvE events, the refresh interval is 8 hours).
    2. Point values increase in proportion to how much you trail the global points leader in that given sub.
    3. Generally, sub rounds increase in value, so the last set of subs will be much more valuable than the first round of subs.

That's pretty much it, really.

I appreciate your responses since you seem to genuinely want to help.

So just like everyones been saying since the games inception.... it's all about timing and has nothing to do with the amound of actualy time (grinding) you play, which is ****.

What exactly is a refresh? I don't think I've ever seen it. I dont get all 4 rewards from each mission. Does that mean they wont "refresh" for me? When I tried to get all 4 rewards from any mission, I usually end up with loads of 20 ISOs and I'm just not wasting my time grinding for 20 ISO rewards hoping that the game "refreshes" (**** that means, i really dont know). Honestly, I shouldn't be looking for clairification and assistance from a forum member; this information should be readily available in-game.

The mechanics of the game just suck big-time and it constantly changes from event to event. Who can follow the never ending inconsistency? Like with the ISO 8 event, I shouldn't see bad guys at level 100 for a mission before I go to bed and then when I wake up, bad guys are at level 200+ That's crapola and a half!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    MikeHock wrote:
    What exactly is a refresh? I don't think I've ever seen it. I dont get all 4 rewards from each mission. Does that mean they wont "refresh" for me? When I tried to get all 4 rewards from any mission, I usually end up with loads of 20 ISOs and I'm just not wasting my time grinding for 20 ISO rewards hoping that the game "refreshes" (**** that means, i really dont know). Honestly, I shouldn't be looking for clairification and assistance from a forum member; this information should be readily available in-game.

The refresh refers to the points you get for successfully completing a mission and has naught all to do with the rewards. You may have noticed that when you play a mission, it starts out with like 1000 points, but the more you play it, the fewer points you get until that mission gives you just 1 point. But, after a certain time period, the point total gets refreshed, i.e. it's 1000 points again.
  • MikeHock wrote:

The refresh refers to the points you get for successfully completing a mission and has naught all to do with the rewards. You may have noticed that when you play a mission, it starts out with like 1000 points, but the more you play it, the fewer points you get until that mission gives you just 1 point. But, after a certain time period, the point total gets refreshed, i.e. it's 1000 points again.

Thanks for your clarification. Most people on the D3 forum are so helpful (even when I have a hissy fit). Without this forum, I'd be totally lost and have abandoned this game long ago.
  • MikeHock wrote:

A refresh is referring how long it takes to replenish the number of points available for a mission. If you hear people talking about stacks, that just means how many times you can clear a mission before it starts to give you 1 pt. per mission. Let's say the first time you clear a mission it's worth 500 pts. If you immediately play it again, it will be worth less each time until it hits 1 pt.

The refresh time (usually 8 or 12 hours, 12 for this one), means that a timer starts from the last time you played that mission. So, if you played a mission down to one point, and don't touch it again for 12 hours, then you will get the maximum possible points possible when you next clear it. Play it before then and you'll be hurting your total possible points.

As you pointed out, grinding a mission hoping to get the good rewards and only getting 1 pt. in return is frustrating. I rarely grind a mission all the way down. I'll play it a few times for good points and a few rewards, then wait for it to fully refresh before clearing it again. The fact that point values also increase based on rubberbanding also means that timing your last refresh for the end of a given event/sub-event means you'll get the best possible point values.
  • HailMary
    MikeHock wrote:
    The mechanics of the game just suck big-time and it constantly changes from event to event. Who can follow the never ending inconsistency? Like with the ISO 8 event, I shouldn't see bad guys at level 100 for a mission before I go to bed and then when I wake up, bad guys are at level 200+ That's crapola and a half!
    Yeah, I've got no real advice re: scaling. Enemy level scaling is based upon community performance on a given node and your own performance. So, the more people successfully complete a node, the higher its community scaling will be. The more people fail a node, the lower its enemy levels. On top of that, the more times you personally complete a node, the higher the enemy levels will be for you. The community scaling aspect means that nodes with special required characters (Doom, Psyduck, BP in the last Simulator) will have significantly easier enemies than nodes with character reqs, since fewer people are able to play them at all.

It's confusing and sometimes frustrating. I generally wait a couple hours after subs first open before hitting them. That way, there hopefully isn't suicidal scaling yet, but I still don't need to do maximum grinding.