Welcome to 2* Savings and Loan Bank!

13»

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Yes. When I pulled 14th Surfer cover I decided to sell off 5 max champed 2* to champ Surfer. I then moved on to other projects like champing all 3*, champing Phx/Oml, and a few more 4*. I finally paid back what I owed a week ago. Took about 6 months. Damn Iso is so slow!
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Ruinate wrote:
    Yes. When I pulled 14th Surfer cover I decided to sell off 5 max champed 2* to champ Surfer. I then moved on to other projects like champing all 3*, champing Phx/Oml, and a few more 4*. I finally paid back what I owed a week ago. Took about 6 months. Damn Iso is so slow!

Just think, iso8 is the least slow it has ever been. How much more fun would it have been a year ago? :p
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    All of you are talking about championing your characters to level 100+, and I'm just sitting here currently happy with my LVL 40 Human Torch (Classic) icon_lol.gif

I think it's nice to have a community manager who's having to play the game just like a member of the community. Happily in 1*-2* transition, soon to get a good shot at building 3*s thanks to DDQ and Elite tokens.... then the 4* wall.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    I've calculated the net result of 2* farming, and there is no ISO profit but an ISO trade off instead:

You end up trading 7,779 ISO to get 375 HP, 5 CP, 5 HT and 3 x 3* covers

If you like that deal, then farm away! I've rostered all 2*s and cycle them all. Keep in mind that the Heroic Tokens could get you 3* or 4* covers. The 8 total covers you get also give you more champion levels and rewards. So, I think it's a good trade off, plus it makes the game a little more fun.

Nevertheless, the system can also be used like a bank where you borrow ISO when selling a level 144 and then you pay it back later when you re-champion that character.

Yes, I'm commenting on my own comment. Given the XP you gain from rebuilding the character, which contributes to your SCL ISO Reward, plus the champion rewards (and XP) from the 5 HT and 3* covers, the ISO probably breaks even. Which means that this is a net gain of HP and CP. Do this with all 2*s and you have a real farm on your hands.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Farming champions is one of the best part of the game... i cant wait for selling 3*s - some of them are already above level 200.
    I am not sure if selling 3*s will be as beneficial as selling 2*s... any experience? How much ISO and HP will i get for fully champed 3*?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:
    Farming champions is one of the best part of the game... i cant wait for selling 3*s - some of them are already above level 200.
    I am not sure if selling 3*s will be as beneficial as selling 2*s... any experience? How much ISO and HP will i get for fully champed 3*?

105k and 500.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I'm not mistaken it's a profit all around now. Essentially takes 75k to lvl and champ. But you get 17.5k for championing and 65k for selling. So it's s long term profit of 7.5k plus tokens, cp, etc
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken it's a profit all around now. Essentially takes 75k to lvl and champ. But you get 17.5k for championing and 65k for selling. So it's s long term profit of 7.5k plus tokens, cp, etc

Oh wait forgot the 13,250 of just selling the covers. So overall loss of about 5-6k. But you get 5 heroic for about another 1k. Plus 3 3*. Overall even trade and a way to buy cp with ISO instead of real $. IMO. 2* not a bad deal, 3* not really worth time and effort. If my 2*'d 3* counterpart is maxed. I would probably just take the ISO profit of not doing it
  • It's less of a raid, more of an ongoing pump and dump operation. Moving on to generation 6 now!

I sell every maxchamp the second I draw another cover to recruit in its place.

I level each 2* to its cap every time a cover is applied.

Whenever iso piles up high enough, I champ a 4*.

Occasionally level a desirable 5* when I draw a new cover to it, until they hit 367. Parking them there for now (forever?).

This is a 100% copy of my playstyle/use of 2*, maybe with the expection for 5* which in my roster are useless/never used unless they are champed
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:

I don't think I'll be doing this. 3* covers aren't as plentiful as 2*s and you need twice as many to max out a character.
  • CNash wrote:
    veny wrote:

I don't think I'll be doing this. 3* covers aren't as plentiful as 2*s and you need twice as many to max out a character.

And 3* will be used in their PvP's, it will make a big difference if you have a lvl 40 or lvl 266 3*. I think once you reach the point of getting maxed 3*'s the 1000 HP cost for a roster spot aren't much of an issue anymore. So you'll probably end up making a duplicate 3*
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Oh wait forgot the 13,250 of just selling the covers. So overall loss of about 5-6k. But you get 5 heroic for about another 1k. Plus 3 3*. Overall even trade and a way to buy cp with ISO instead of real $. IMO. 2* not a bad deal, 3* not really worth time and effort. If my 2*'d 3* counterpart is maxed. I would probably just take the ISO profit of not doing it

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. There's no loss.

Start at 74530iso, 63 applicable covers in queue.
    Cover and Champ character - 0iso, 50 covers in queue.
    Apply covers, sell character - 82500 iso, 0 covers in queue

You have gained 7970 iso.
    You *could* have gained 15750 iso by just selling the 63 covers instead of putting them in champ levels, but you lose the other rewards.

So in summary:
    Farming gives you 7970 iso + HP/CP/Token rewards
    Selling gives 7970iso + 7780 iso.

Either way, Iso profit.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:

105k and 500.
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
    Well, 120K is needed for maxing them out... plus 13 covers worth 6500 ISO.

It is 20k ISO versus 50 CP, 5 LT, three 4* covers, 1500 HP and more than 1 180XPs for SHIELD rank (at my Shield rank, 1200XP is worth of approx. 15k ISO).
    Ignoring the long build time, i think max out-sell-again is pretty good investment for 3*s as well. Especially when they drop 4*s, LTs and CPs - the rarest things in game.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only way I could see a 3* farm be viable is if you are firmly into the 5* tier, otherwise the 3* are too valuable when buffed or required. Unless you're going to roster 2x set of them, which would only set you back about 100k HP. Plus, it's not like the game rains 3* covers like it does 2* - I'm not sure the time investment is worth it vs. not having them rostered and max-champed.

But I'm still in the 3* tier, so maybe I'm blind to the possibilities.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to add to the list of those who have made the move to do this. I ended up taking the plunge a couple of months ago and it's absolutely renewed the game for me. I'm in the 4-5 tier transition and 2* rewards were worthless to me and nearly all 3* were beginning to feel worthless. Now that I'm farming 2*, I never have to worry about essentials, I get the "instant gratification" of CP, ISO, HP, and 3* covers. There is also the random 2* cover -> 3* cover -> 4* cover -> legendary token -> 5* cover which you can't really put a price on. I've already had that happen once already. It felt AMAZING. Plus it gives me something to do with all those 2* covers I get from opening tokens, so it feels like progress even if it's not much more than treading water.

Then there is the resale value, which lets you pour ISO into another character immediately while you gather 13 new covers for that 2* you just sold.

All in all, I feel like this and the Deadpool dailies were hands down the best additions to this game in recent memory. Thanks for this, guys!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's the one downside to farming, eespecially at the 3 to 4 star level.

Have a maxed out wolverine at level 15 that I could easily champ with my 90,000 iso. Have six covers ewaiting for him in the rq. And it was my intention to champ him.

but I pulled my 13th thing cover and have 3 extra covers also in my RQ. Plus my 181 Human Torch will produce another cover sooner or later. Oh, only have 8 days before the first thing expires fwiw.

Gotta champ the 4 star at this point and level poor 2 wolverine at level 15. Now so I sell the extra cover or respect him then sell the remainder?