Welcome to 2* Savings and Loan Bank!

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Absolutely do this if you have enough 3*'s to rely on.

**We need someone to calculate the ISO math now that we have rank rewards**
    Typically the net result of selling a 2* max champ means that you lose a net amount of around 7700 ISO over their ~lifespan rebuilding process~ meaning the total payout is less than the total ISO used in champing them (the HP, CP, XP, etc. make up for it IMO) -

However, now that adding champion levels adds experience points, and these reward lots of ISO at each rank increase - there is 'earned value' of each champ level covers added in terms of ISO (3XP each I believe).
    It may now be closer to a net positive process when you calculate all the 2*'s you are farming.

Those of you who don't sell 2* max champion characters, meaning each new cover you get for them is simply 250 iso when sold, you are losing great efficiency in moving your 3* and 4* teams ahead.

Good Luck!
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    bbigler wrote:
    You end up trading 7,779 ISO to get 375 HP, 5 CP, 5 HT and 3 x 3* covers
    This is pretty close to the amount (x2 because I sold two champed 2*) I am short to champ my elecktra today! Guess I am playing Simulator PVE early and see if I can get the iso from there!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i sold 6 two star champions and ended up championing 3 3-stars and 3 different two stars as a more or less direct result
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    dsds wrote:
    bbigler wrote:
    This is pretty close to the amount (x2 because I sold two champed 2*) I am short to champ my elecktra today! Guess I am playing Simulator PVE early and see if I can get the iso from there!

Simulator has a big ISO node at the end, so you should be able to pull it off.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a city boy, not a farmer. I'm sitting on every 2-star max-champed (except Bagman who is champed but not maxed). I just sell my 2* covers for 250 iso and I'm happy with that. On the plus side I always have a diverse cast for DDQ and mix up who I use to try and keep those nodes fresh. Hell, I even use Bagman once in a while.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    All of you are talking about championing your characters to level 100+, and I'm just sitting here currently happy with my LVL 40 Human Torch (Classic) icon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    All of you are talking about championing your characters to level 100+, and I'm just sitting here currently happy with my LVL 40 Human Torch (Classic) icon_lol.gif

You have to max them out at level 144 to get the full sale amount of 65k ISO. That gives you almost enough to bring another 2* from level 15 to level 94 to start the process over again.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    I'm a city boy, not a farmer. I'm sitting on every 2-star max-champed (except Bagman who is champed but not maxed). I just sell my 2* covers for 250 iso and I'm happy with that. On the plus side I always have a diverse cast for DDQ and mix up who I use to try and keep those nodes fresh. Hell, I even use Bagman once in a while.

I always have a diverse cast of 2*s for DDQ as well. It's just whoever happens to be my highest level guys at the time. Today it was Daken, Ms Marvel and Wolverine. When I flip one of them then it will be someone else. It doesn't really matter. Any 3 champed 2*s can beat both of those DDQ levels.

Not only are you losing out on the 3* covers, HP, tokens and CP by not farming, but you're losing out on a ton of XP as well. Every 2* champ level is 4 XP. That adds up quick with all of the 2* covers you get each day.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I regularly take loans of one or two characters. In an extended loan right now, as I think I've sold six without re-champing (yet). It isn't quite as bad as it sounds, as I only have two ready for re-champing, but I'm trying to champ a 5* (from 420, now, thanks to all those loans) and a 4* (from 143) within the next 10 ten days or so, so they aren't getting re-champed on time. Going to be spending a while re-champing all of them after that, though.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I build them keep them for a little while and then sell them when ever I need iso. I had most of them near max and through out the anniversary season I sold them all and have only recently rebuilt them all. I did champion my first 4 stars xfdp, rhulk and Jean Grey in the anniversary so iso was well spent icon_e_smile.gif
    I'm now champing my last 5 3 stars then its onward to 4 starts again. I really enjoy having that iso there when u need it.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I have only sold one max-champed 2* (Thor) for the ISO to champ a 4*. Right now, my 2* Thor is back up to level 137. Might have to consider farming another one as I have an Iceman cover in my queue that I pulled yesterday and still need about 250,000 ISO to champ him. Will just hang on to the cover and see how my ISO stash is just before expiration.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I had two expiring Nick Fury covers and had to sell three maxed 2*s to get him maxed and champed in time.

Of those three, I've rebuilt two but not max-champed them; the third is awaiting a purple cover that just. Won't. Drop.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    I don't save them - when i have 1000 HP and 2* hero is level already lvl 144 - i buy new roster slot and try to cover maxthis hero. Once it is covered maxed i champion him and sell my max championed 2*. This way all 2* covers give clearence level XP. If i don't have 1000 Hp - i just sell the cover immidiately=)
    Right now all my 2* except storm and ares give me clearence level. If i ever need a slot for new character and i don't have HP i will just sell the most uncovered 2*
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add me to the growing list of pump-and-dump farmers. That final cover comes in and I sell off the max champ immediately. The one thing that took some getting used to was actually prioritizing getting Iso into 14th covers for **** 4* characters instead of putting Iso directly back into the farm.

Case in point: At present I have an Elektra cover, seven 2* Wolverine covers, and three 2* Bullseye covers in queue. Only those who eat paint chips would argue that Elektra is the least valuable of the three, however I am still racing that cover expiration for those champion rewards. Simple reason being that 4* rewards are the penultimate goal of the entire game, and 2* covers are a dime a dozen. I can make up the "wasted" covers in under a week for Wolvie and Bullseye, but Elektra (worthless in-game as she is) is a much rarer prize with much greater champ rewards.

And that's why I have Mr. Sucktastic, Faptain, and Venom champed, and had champed Invisible Woman, Star-Lord and Cho before their reworks. Champ rewards, yo.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Happy 2* ChampFarm, when a hardworking and productive champion achieves the magical 144 cap and a seed cover is found to take their place, they are given release from the endless toil and allowed to move on to a better place, where no one ever has to produce champ rewards, be an essential or fight sentries, symbiotes and Bagman in DDQ. No one has ever complained, and no one ever comes back.

All the 2* champions dream of the day when they too, can reach 144 and go to that better place too.

The nursery for replacement 2*s is a savage untended wilderness, where they battle each other for covers until one is cover maxed and can seize all the iso to become a new champion, leaving their lesser brethren behind to join Happy 2* ChampFarm. And so the cycle continues.

icon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif

Since the 2* essential typically does nothing for me in pve, I just sell off and replace with one cover, then let it grow back naturally. Nobody gets iso until they can be champed right away; only real concern is having enough champs to run ddq. Anytime I have enough iso I champ a new 4*, then shift back focus to rechamp all the 2*s when they are down to the bare minimum and the last few are reaching cap or have too many pending covers.

I don't waste 2* covers, I plant them in roster slots to await the day they can join Happy 2* ChampFarm...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    For my 2* farm it is all about the extra resources. I don't sell a 144 until I have a min of 1 replacement cover and a 13 cover 2* ready to champion. This way I sell one 2* and champion another 2*. This way I am only spending the 5k to champion my 2* instead of feeling like I am spending 75k iso on a 2*.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Pretty soon you'll be playing before work, during your lunch break, during bathroom breaks, arriving to meetings late, missing deadlines, staying work late but playing the game, calling in sick to play.. be careful young Brigby, this is a dangerous game icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    I've calculated the net result of 2* farming, and there is no ISO profit but an ISO trade off instead:

If you like that deal, then farm away! I've rostered all 2*s and cycle them all. Keep in mind that the Heroic Tokens could get you 3* or 4* covers. The 8 total covers you get also give you more champion levels and rewards. So, I think it's a good trade off, plus it makes the game a little more fun.

Nevertheless, the system can also be used like a bank where you borrow ISO when selling a level 144 and then you pay it back later when you re-champion that character.

This comes up every time, so I'll just reiterate - there's still a profit made.

If you just sell, you get 7971+7779iso. If you farm, you get 7971iso + 375/5/5/3x3. That's the trade off.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I farm.

I think farming is great!

Feels better to tick up the rewards, and the stuff you get for your rogue 7k? I challenge you to do better opening 14 Standard Recruit tokens :p

But if I have to focus iso8 elsewhere, 2*s go on hold and their covers get sold off. Because Champion levels came in when people were so far ahead in 4* land I can see why so many people just cannot bother with it yet. It hit for me as I was still firmly in 3* land, and the RNG only occassional gives me a 4* to worry about levelling

I invite you all to come the farming party once your 4* power levelling finally settles down :p
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I made an investment in my 2* farm a long time ago when I first spent ISO to max my 2*. Now I pay the 9,524ISO cost (sell at 65k re-champ at ~75k) every so often to upkeep that investment which pays back in a steady daily supply of ISO, Tokens, HP, CP & XP.

I don't rush to sell my max 144s, they can still be useful and I've always got an eye on the essentials that are upcoming. However I also don't have the luxury of extra HP to keep multiple rostered copies so it's a waiting game when I start to have the extra covers in my queue. Once I get close to one expiring then I'll sell my 144 and hopefully be able to immediately re-champ a replacement. That way I'm not tempted to spend that invested ISO in mid-level 4*s.