So, who else hates some of those PVE teams?

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Hate Muscle? IM40 + OBW is your friend, and a very widely available solution. Recharge > Anti-Gravity Device, ad nauseam. Just keep kicking that can down the road all day.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    before you can do anything about it, or get AP to steal or destroy it
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    qvette wrote:
    Yup, that Kate Bishop mission was the last hair on this camel's back.
    Did it once and I was like... I'm just gonna do the 4* progression, thank you.

That annoying guy kept healing everyone too. screw that.
    You know Kate can stop healing, right?
  • monsieurmojo
    kobu wrote:

Thank you for highlighting and reposting.

Muscle is my least favorite part of this game. If I could wave a magic wand and remove any single thing from MPQ, it would be Muscle. I used to struggle against Muscle, very badly, until an alliance-mate led me to OBW. I promise from many matches of subsequent use that Recharge > Anti-Gravity Device is, maybe 80% of the time, fast enough to get rid of them before they one-shot you. There *will* still be matches, probably at 4-clears+, where you get AGD off once or twice, only to grind to a halt and have all those CDs cash in at once and fail spectacularly. But with OBW, those matches will become the exception, rather than the norm.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    qvette wrote:
    Yup, that Kate Bishop mission was the last hair on this camel's back.
    Did it once and I was like... I'm just gonna do the 4* progression, thank you.

That annoying guy kept healing everyone too. screw that.
    You know Kate can stop healing, right?

You know everyone doesn't have a fully covered Kate, right? My 0/2/0 can't do much more than the occasional explosion.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    This is why I love ant-man, if you have him always use him against goons that spam special tiles and laugh at them. Boost blue, collect blue, fire his blue, win. It's hilarious when you're intentionally matching purple to make bullseye defense tiles and letting threaten resolve so you can steal all those wonderful strike tiles. Before long you'll be murdering them all with match damage.

Add in prof x for extra tile creating and strengthening shenanigans.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Wasn't Muscle supposed to have been nerfed? The strike tiles they put out are close to 1.500 each (and I've got no usable 5*s even). Seems tougher now than when I was in 2/3* transition. I know some say to just steal their tiles, well, Yelena makes criticals of them, or anything/anyone I use to overwrite their tiles with.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    kobu wrote:

Thank you for highlighting and reposting.

Muscle is my least favorite part of this game. If I could wave a magic wand and remove any single thing from MPQ, it would be Muscle. I used to struggle against Muscle, very badly, until an alliance-mate led me to OBW. I promise from many matches of subsequent use that Recharge > Anti-Gravity Device is, maybe 80% of the time, fast enough to get rid of them before they one-shot you. There *will* still be matches, probably at 4-clears+, where you get AGD off once or twice, only to grind to a halt and have all those CDs cash in at once and fail spectacularly. But with OBW, those matches will become the exception, rather than the norm.

Eh. Wipes trying to use OBW are much more my norm. I wiped twice on the 2 Muscle + Yelena node and so I gave OBW a shot again. Predictable results. I delayed them a few times but I couldn't even down the second Muscle before match damage did my team in. Can't even bring a tile stealer with any reliability to this one while Yelena is up. I didn't want to get her banged up, but I finally caved and brought in Peggy to deal with them.

I was in the top 10 going into this morning, but this kind of **** makes me want to just give up and enjoy the rest of my weekend.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** this event, seriously. Anderson Biotechnic is SO. ****. BORING. I'll be getting my Kate cover (first purple) and pulling the pin.

DA fight after DA fight, with OP goons thrown in for good measure.

Come back ninjas, all is forgiven.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I was on the verge of giving up in the 2nd sub but got through to the third and then put the iso into my 2/5/5 Peggy earlier than I wanted but found she's really useful anyway in pve at 250. IM40 uses the red. She steamed through all the essentials and DA nodes with only 3 health packs used for the 4 clears. Then I winfinited the goons for no health packs.

I should get t100 easily enough now as it looks like loads in my bracket have given up or not getting progress each sub. I should have taken peggy up earlier, I had no idea she was that good.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Today has been far kinder node wise.

2 goon filled boss nodes for Strange to feast on and the Kate node doesn't have ridiculous hp jugger, tho the Moonstone/Ares/Bullseye combo can still be a bit of a chore, few nodes with Hood on who is super squidgy and generally gets killed thanks to a convenient iso goon poppin strange off..

Think the general morale of today is Strange yellow will get you places, that double team node is a bit more interesting, magneto can be seriously punishing and Hood, well he's only a pain if you lapse on yellows... that final node with Rags/Ares n Hood might be annoying i hate the chain up combo damage of rags n ares always slaps me but since it's a 1 shot node i got plenty of time to deal with that.

By no means great but compared to the last couple of days, it feels a lot breezier
  • Branstorm
    Branstorm Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I target the goon first.. then go after the stronger villain
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I was just coming to say the same thing. I may even get my four clears today rather than heading over to PvP for something less soul-destroying.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    Just wait until next event where we have to use our brand new Agent Venom and deal with that same scaling. It is sooo much fun.

The node in question made it very unlikely I'll have a venom so don't worry.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to echo what others are saying about 3Strange. Even at 1/1/1 he was useful so I've been pumping command points into him more than any other character and have him up to 3/3/3. I'm resisting the urge to drop more. He is just so useful against the goons, all three powers.
  • After wiping I went old school board control with IM40 and 3* cap and it was no sweat. Still health pack intensive, but won the rest.

This is what I do when I get mad at goon nodes as well. Talking **** to the goons is the key. "How you like that, huh?" "You know you made me do this!"
  • monsieurmojo
    Strange is just awesome on goon nodes. What he does to Maggia Don should be illegal. When you've got Strange championed, you leave the goons in hero/hero/goon nodes for last, so they can keep pumping out the death.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    without enough 3* strange covers, I too found this hard to do.

I admit, I managed to beat all nodes 4-6 times, but it was a healthpack burning event. If the nodes were all goons, I used IM40, Peggy (3/0/5), and boosted beast. As long as I could get a recharge off, Peggy's blue could stun the people with all the countdowns active. While her blue tiles are out, beast's green can shake up the board and do a little damage (around 2k AOE). I ended up saving enough to fire beast's green twice, then when IM40 came back he had a red to fire for around 7k. combined with the 4700 damage per Peggy blue tile, it worked out well.

But when there are villains to fight? That is a totally different story, and it sucks hardcore. I found some success with Fist, 3cyclops, and SWitch. it at least creates tiles that help, and with 3cyc boosted, his black is murderous. Wasn't super easy, but it got the job done.

When you had to face the Hood and 3Mags, that was the worst though. I know there were no goons, but Hood ended up with over 10k health... no matter what I did, he kept stealing all my colors and Mags would crush me. Got it done, but I wept
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't have a problem with the Kate Bishop mission - I used Luke Cage and Hood for control, but I could have used Star Lord and Switch though.

I hate the Hood/Magneto mission because it takes so long to take down the Hood, that Magneto has already fired off a bunch of powers.

The Hood is Good, which is why I used him a lot to fight with, but he needs protection.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    some of these take time but aren't crazy like the carnage/muscle/muscle one. that is pure evil.