So, who else hates some of those PVE teams?

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just got two of my heroes (almost all three) downed on the second clear of Kate Bishop's mission. Say, maybe instead of Bullseye and a Muscle, could we just fight Symbiotes or maybe Galactus? I'd guess the enemies were in the 160-170 range (they're 231 now) to my boosted 277 Redclops and 282 Rocket and Groot. The problem, if Demiurge would ever deign to throw us a bone here, is of course the ridiculous Strike tiles from the Muscle, over 700 strength a piece. Tone 'em down dangnabbit! Certainly, if I were lucky enough to get more Kate covers, it would go much, much more smoothly. Instead, 2/1/1, boosted to 199. Another dream, perhaps scale the required mission to the strongest version of the character you have?

Anyway, looking forward to getting perspective with a stupidly powerful boss again. Later!

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Just wait until next event where we have to use our brand new Agent Venom and deal with that same scaling. It is sooo much fun.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    muscle thugs strike tiles are ridiculously overpowered. use teen jean and hopefully you get a decent amount of purps on your board.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiped to that node myself just before, 5th clear, all level 274. Such a tedious battle, like any with 2* Bullseye.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah I know the 5* players complain about scaling, but I'm in the transition to 4* (4 championed) and the goons have more health than my characters already. My enemies are like 30 levels over my current level so that doesn't help. But I hate how much health moonstone has and bullseye annoys me.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I target goons before villains these days, don't take out that thug before he puts strike tiles out, forget it.

I run a champed iceman and IM40. Might as well be a two person team as Kate contributes nothing.
  • qvette
    qvette Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Yup, that Kate Bishop mission was the last hair on this camel's back.
    Did it once and I was like... I'm just gonna do the 4* progression, thank you.

That annoying guy kept healing everyone too. screw that.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Bring strange...every time they put down a countdown, he hits them with his yellow....this is 3 star and 5 star.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    Just wait until next event where we have to use our brand new Agent Venom and deal with that same scaling. It is sooo much fun.
    Hey guys! Maaaaybe it was a bad idea to give Blade's black at top 100, so this time you'll get the really cool Agent V power that makes allies invisible! Then making all his required nodes in Simulator against heavy AOE.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mid 4* transition here with a badly undercovered and underlevelled kate. I too had trouble with that node...until I used my boosted champed thing and he did it no sweat. Before then I was trying to rely on ice and im40 but even a 7k aoe is peanuts against a muscle with over 21k health
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    After wiping I went old school board control with IM40 and 3* cap and it was no sweat. Still health pack intensive, but won the rest.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    grunth13 wrote:
    Bring strange...every time they put down a countdown, he hits them with his yellow....this is 3 star and 5 star.

Yup, that's the realistic solution, use a well covered character that has been added to tokens yesterday.
  • phiwalker
    phiwalker Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I finally managed to get it done with 3* Strange (champed) and 3* QS (5/1/3)

Yet another node where I was playing and thought, "I hope there's a thread about this stupid node on the forums..."
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* player and I think this may be the first new release I bail on after starting. I can't get through more than 2 clears of the essentials. I'm not sure if it's because for the first time I have lots of the 3 stars champed which has pushed my scaling up but I am eating through packs.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Any team containing muscle...

883ish strike tiles plus that tommy gun which does what 2k+ without strikes, even when i win i come out licking heavy duty wounds so much it feels like a loss...
    Chuck bullseye into that making defense on purple matches the whole thing just becomes a slow slog, i generally use strange, cyclops and qs or r&g depending whos healthier, try and power up cyc as fast as possible and slam the muscle then try and work through.. but it always seems to land a strike tile or the countdown in the most perfect unmatchable spot on the board so i am taking 1k + dmg on basic matches... such a rage setup

Ares aint much friendlier to my health preservation either he hits like a train, tbf i think i just hate near enough all the dark avenger combos, heavy damage, long slow fights thanks to bullseye then muscles here n there just to really burst a blood vessel.. if i didnt value my phone it would've gone out the window when this event started
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Hey, in positive news, the Kate essential on day 3 features Juggs/Moonstone/Ares!

icon_eek.gificon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Kishida wrote:
    Hey, in positive news, the Kate essential on day 3 features Juggs/Moonstone/Ares!

icon_eek.gificon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Ouch!

An outright health pack burner node... damn this event, i don't wish bad things on people but whoever made this even and thought it was a good idea, they're getting damn close lol
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the three Muscles in the Thor Essential Node.......Nova and Starlord Back on the case....
    CUA4VOsg.gif
    just another day at the orifice...I mean office
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    muscle thugs strike tiles are ridiculously overpowered. use teen jean and hopefully you get a decent amount of purps on your board.
    That node was a health pack burner. I started bringing Elektra to steal the strikes for myself, but that still had to deal with the Tommy Gun AoEs.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just glad I don't care about getting a stupid Venom cover. I'll just take the elite tokens and call it a day.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    The Dark Avengers are annoying but I can live with them. It's the Muscles who are just unforgivable. There are some boards that are simply unwinnable because they are able to get a Threaten off before you can do anything about it, or get AP to steal or destroy it. That's horrible game design.