I am done with PvP ****

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
From 850-880 points back to 700 during few minutes... TWICE!!
After this
https://i.imgsafe.org/f78336eb00.png

and this
https://i.imgsafe.org/f783177a35.png
experience i am ending with PvP and propably with whole game... i wont participate in this **** anymore, wasting time for what? Loosing points again and again? Point loss after reaching 800pts is unbearable so why should i play if i cant win?? 100 points lost during one game that gives 30-50 points... pathetic.
I hope you are satisfied with PvP DEVs, cuz players are not (except for whales who cannot be defeated).

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, I hear you. I've given up on trying to do PvP beyond the middle CP reward. It isn't fun taking the time to win one match while simultaneously time getting hit seven times, losing more points than you win. It isn't worth it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Off season events are weird.
  • veny
    Off season events are weird.
    Nope, i am having this problem for weeks (sooner i did not try to reach that much points cuz, you know, no 4* in progress pool)... no matter what covers are powered or mandatory.
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=54502
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    That happened all night yesterday. Just as I win the last fight to 900, I get attacked and lose just enough that I need to fight one more fight to get to 900. It happened 4-5 times. I had 2 champed 4* defending too! I really didn't want to shield because I never do. Eventually I shielded because I wanted an extra champ level for 4thor, it was worth the 75 hp. Then played two hours later when everyone was asleep and I was out of everyone's queue and got my 4thor cover. The system is really stupid and it's designed to push you to use shields. Once you shield, you are out of the queue lineup. And whoever was going to attack you to climb, those lost points bounce off your shield.

Also it's how many points the bracket has. If it is low points, then you will get attacked more because less people to hit.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP is all about knowing when to shield. More often than not that one last fight costs you big points
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, your pics indicate under 2 hours to go in the event. If you want to reach a particular progression prize, you need to target it sooner.
  • veny
    Also, your pics indicate under 2 hours to go in the event. If you want to reach a particular progression prize, you need to target it sooner.
    Look here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=54502
    I tried multiple times to start sooner (up to 24 hours before end). With limited amount of players with points, it was easy to end in TOP 5 with 500 points. Problem was, going higher was extremely difficult and extrmely long. And still, after reaching 700-800pts, the slaughter came again.
    Its not about time remaining, or about poor roster, its about points loss that is absurd after reaching certain point, mostly mentoned 700-800pts.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, this is literally everyone's gripe with PVP. You aren't experiencing anything that everyone else isn't also experiencing.

This all day erry day. If you want to get the 4* without shielding you need to go for it with 18+ hours to go if you want a decent shot at it. Your matches won't be worth as much, but you won't get mercilessly pounded every time you get above 800.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I'm rising up, as soon as I start getting 1-2 hits, and I don't see any good 70 point targets, I usually shield to avoid swimming at the same score for 30+ annoying minutes.

Hopefully that happens after 900 points. Sometimes it happens at around 800 points or lower. You just can't fight the time sometimes! You gotta know when to give up at that point and try again later (or not at all).
  • veny
    I lost 239pts in 6min today. Do I have to quit, too?

Oh, wait, it's because I had to get on a new shield to finish the event, and was in a hurry, and hopped with 3hrs to go, knowing full well I was likely to be skewered, but rolled the dice anyway. My bad.

Hey, OP, you could ask for advice, publicly or via PM, plenty here willing to coach. Hopefully do so in good faith and actually follow any guidance received.

If you get good advice on how to reach your goals and just don't like it or don't find the effort required worth it, well, then, yeah, the logical thing to do is not play.

Rededicate, or quit .... either way I have faith in you! You can do it!
    Trust me, many gave me advices. Some worked, but only at the cost of HPs or more time spent.
    For me, its not fun to spend 2 hours in PvP trying for 4*. Its not worth the HP, nor the time. Especially when my promoted 4*s get their kitty kicked by promoted 3*s. I would expect more from 4*s considering their insane upgrade cost (how much? 250% more than 3*s?).

PvP could be easily fixed to be more friendly - we dont need to spend HPs for completing PvE, so why cant we reach max progress loot in PvP without spending a single HP.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Someone in the alliance I'm in said exactly the same thing today.

He said " He's done with PVP".

He went on to say "he only wants to get 10CP and to get a top 50 place but keeps getting beat by powerful 4* teams".
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's your roster like (all 3*a champed?, some 4*s champed? 5*s? No 4*s champed? Only some 3*s champed? ETC.) and how many days have you been playing the game? What teams did you climb with in the event?

One thing I've noticed in the forums with regards to negative views of PvP is a perception issue and too high expectations. You can't have the game installed for 6 months, have no chameped 4*s and expect to hit the upper levels of PvP progression easily. Even having some 4*s champed but the wrong ones hitting upper levels of PvP progression is hard.

You need to grow your roster. You remember the frustrating feeling trying to hit certain levels when you only had 2*s? Thought it was impossible? Then your roster got more developed and you got thru that wall. The entire PvP lifecycle is the same until you get three 550 5*s (you'll still get hit, lol)
  • veny
    What's your roster like (all 3*a champed?, some 4*s champed? 5*s? No 4*s champed? Only some 3*s champed? ETC.) and how many days have you been playing the game? What teams did you climb with in the event?

One thing I've noticed in the forums with regards to negative views of PvP is a perception issue and too high expectations. You can't have the game installed for 6 months, have no chameped 4*s and expect to hit the upper levels of PvP progression easily. Even having some 4*s champed but the wrong ones hitting upper levels of PvP progression is hard.

You need to grow your roster. You remember the frustrating feeling trying to hit certain levels when you only had 2*s? Thought it was impossible? Then your roster got more developed and you got thru that wall. The entire PvP lifecycle is the same until you get three 550 5*s (you'll still get hit, lol)
    All 3*s promoted, 8 4*s promoted (in this PvP i was using powered Thor with her red dealing up to 30k damage, plus IM40 and Hood... still got beaten by 3*s - every good attack combo can be easily countered).

Growing roster wont help, i will be matched with stronger players.

Expectations... well, getting max progress loot in PvP costs me 0 HP and i mostly ends in top 200. I never reached max progress tier in PvP, sometimes i reached top 5. Usually i end in TOP 50 without even reaching 900pts reward.

If you compare PvE and PvP, you can easily realize the difference between availability of progress rewards.
    I expect PvP to be fun... not a shlaugher that will turn your efforts into "gratz, you just lost 200 point in 2 minutes, try more, lose more".
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    One major issue in those pictures. 1hr 12mins remaining.
    I find to get the best scores I need to hit 900 at the point where an 8 hour shield is viable.

I try to get to about 300 on the day the event opens, then 500-600 the next day, then push to 900 when it's approaching 8 hours to go. Then as soon as I hit 900 I shield and leave.

If you're leaving it to the last hour competition's going to be a lot more fierce.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:

All 3*s promoted, 8 4*s promoted (in this PvP i was using powered Thor with her red dealing up to 30k damage, plus IM40 and Hood... still got beaten by 3*s - every good attack combo can be easily countered).

Expectations... well, getting max progress loot in PvP costs me 0 HP and i mostly ends in top 200. I never reached max progress tier in PvP, sometimes i reached top 5. Usually i end in TOP 50 without even reaching 900pts reward.

If you compare PvE and PvP, you can easily realize the difference between availability of progress rewards.
    I expect PvP to be fun... not a shlaugher that will turn your efforts into "gratz, you just lost 200 point in 2 minutes, try more, lose more".
    Who are your other 4*s?
    Hit the right time and you can get a lot of points in short order - Thor, Teen Jean and 3* Ironman got me from 450 to 900 in about a half hour this morning for example. At that point, pvp has way better rewards for time spent than pve.

I appreciate that play times can be restricted for folks, so shifting around to find those sweet spots isn't for everyone.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    veny wrote:

That might be a good climbing team, but it's atrocious on defense, that's why you are getting targeted. I would hit you every single time i saw you running it and I've got 1 champed 4*.
    I'm always T25, occasionally T10, and a few times T5 as a mostly 3* roster. Timing shields is crucial. After 800 I start hopping because more than 2 fights and I'll be losing points.
    I understand your frustration and created a few threads on it myself in my previous forum life but I now realize I thought I knew what I was doing when I really didn't. There are many excellent PvP players on the forums so check the leaderboards and if you see them offering up advice, take it.
  • veny
    My promoted 4*s are:
    Thor
    Hulkbuster
    Nick Fury
    Falcon
    Wolverine
    Gwen
    Ant Man
    Red Hulk

I know, most of them are the weaker (they should all be ballanced, right? They all cost the same) ones but they are all awesome when powered up. It also depends on what opponents team is made of.
    Anyway i must admit i mostly use 3*s or 5*s because of their unique skills (kamala - heal, IM40 - tons of colors, hood - stealing AP slows enemy, Strange - his passive, OML - regen). However i dont think i have some 4* that would be that good so i would get rid of 3*s and use him instead.

And, you know, the more 4*s you have, the more 4*s the opponents have... which means more 4*s for you = bugger chance you will meet powered up 4*s.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    If they just didn't take you out of the queue in PvP with shielding a lot of the gripes would be taken away. Getting slammed hard, only seeing the same couple of people, reaching a certain points. And I know this would cause everyone's points to skyrocket but the ones that will want the higher rewards will play the ones who want max progression will fall off.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Few points:

In terms of hitting top progression rewards, 3*s are pretty much an irrelevance, aside from IM40, SWitch and maybe Fist.

If you want to play PvP without using shields much (this is what I'm deducing) then you are going to get hit.

You may think you have a strong roster or at least a strong enough roster to guarantee 900 points but there are a lot of serious players out there who are after the same points.

If you really want it you must go early or shield more, simple as.

If you don't like getting hit, just play PvE.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    TBH, if your strategy includes using Hood then no wonder you get beaten down. Even when boosted he is very, very squishy.

Use your 4*s, just the good ones though.