Constructive feedback on new special vaults

13»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Freebies are shield intercepts or daily resupply, paying 150 HP and whatever you get is not a freebie.

And for the sake of the argument, I spend 300 HP just to see if I could that "guaranteed" 4 star or three 3 stars and got two 2 stars...yeah, those are freebies ::rollseyes:::::

You don't understand my point. These vaults are not for gambling. If you go testing your luck with a draw or two, you have very, very high odds of being disappointed. On the other hand, if you go with the idea of pulling from it until you get the 4*, there are overwhelming chances of you getting a 4* for cheap (i.e. under 2500HP) plus bonus stuff.

Disclaimer: I myself haven't done it because both my X-Pool and Flaptain are maxed so I don't value a champed level on them nowhere close to even 150 HP. If the vault had a character I actually needed a cover for, I'd definitely do what I suggest.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    broll wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    Got to love it when the rich whine about the poor getting something for them.

How is spending hundreds if not thousands of HP to get a single 4* something for the poor?

I was talking about the whining over the number of two stars.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's just nip that "if there were an LT I'd buy" idea in the bud here. You're talking about basically selling an LT every week for 3k HP. That's silly. Not going to happen.

As for the rest, I'll give credit for trying to make something worthwhile to spend HP on and something different with the vaults. This isn't it, though. Indeed, the ratio of junk in the form of 2* covers to decent rewards is too low to make it valuable for anyone playing at 3* or higher.

I've got an idea which could make it more enticing...maybe. Make the vault permanent, but give a free reset once a week. Then if you don't want to splurge for the whole deal, you can slowly dig out the good prizes but not feel compelled to dump HP into it.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Honestly, these vaults seem to be made for the people on the forums talking about having a ton of HP and it being so easy to get these days. At the same time, it's a bit mocking with 70% 2*s. And the people saying they should add a LT or another 4*s, or remove all the 2*s need to get realistic. None of that will happen, especially removing all the 2*.

An adjustment should look something like this:
    1 X 4*
    4 X 3*s
    1 X 2500 iso8.png
    2 X 1000 iso8.png
    2 X 500 iso8.png
    10 X 2*s
    Because I highly doubt that they would lower the amount of 2*s below 50% or increase the 3*s by much.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    StarScream wrote:
    broll wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

How is spending hundreds if not thousands of HP to get a single 4* something for the poor?

People are allowed to have an opinion without you labeling it whining because you don't agree.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    StarScream wrote:
    broll wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

If you want bad exchange rates for buying 2* with HP you can buy Heroic tokens. icon_lol.gif The focus of this change isn't to 'give the poor' 2*s, there are already more than enough avenues for that. The 2* are a clearly consolation prices and I'd rather get a box of Rice a Roni.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Freebies are shield intercepts or daily resupply, paying 150 HP and whatever you get is not a freebie.

And for the sake of the argument, I spend 300 HP just to see if I could that "guaranteed" 4 star or three 3 stars and got two 2 stars...yeah, those are freebies ::rollseyes:::::
    Compared to buying a cover outright, the extra stuff in the vault is "free".

Any time you buy a token, you're playing the odds. The new vaults offer a very different set of odds compared to the other tokens on offer at the moment. I'm truly perplexed by this stance that every item in a vault needs to have value equivalent to the token cost. Of course there are 14 2* covers in there. They're not going to give everyone a 4* cover for 150 imcoin.png.

Those of you asking for a legendary token to be added are basically asking for a 10% shot at a 4* "or better" with a 0.75% chance at a 5* for 150 imcoin.png. Look at the rest of the tokens available for purchase and see if any are close to that.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't buy any of the Deadpool vault and won't be buying any Flaptain. These just aren't compelling. As others have said, a single 4* as the grand prize in a vault is a letdown, especially for a premium price above that of your standard heroics. And the amount of 2*s is insulting. 4*s aren't precious rare gems anymore. D3's unending flood of new characters means clearing out a vault 13 times over to cover them, even the mediocre ones like Falcon, is completely out of the question. For me to be motivated to buy out a vault for a 4*, it would have to be for someone who would cut to the front of the long line of characters I have waiting for ISO to be championed. For me, that list is very small, I think just being Peggy and RHulk.

For the person that does have Flaptain champed, it seems a bad deal for a champion level. For the person that has Flaptain covered, but lacks the ISO to make champing a priority, it is even worse. So, it is clearly for the people that need Flaptain covers. But, with so many better characters to burn resources on, who needs Flaptain? Iceman, Cyclops, Teen Jean, Hulkbuster, heck even reworked Starlord, all are better options.
    El Satanno wrote:
    Let's just nip that "if there were an LT I'd buy" idea in the bud here. You're talking about basically selling an LT every week for 3k HP. That's silly. Not going to happen.

Why not? They already sell two a month for $10 via the VIP. I don't see selling them for HP being any more or less silly.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Ok...I'm no good at averages and ****....but I know I ALWAYS buy a cover or two from vaults that have sweet prizes in them...sometimes i buy several....these new vaults have not appealed to me....honestly one more 4* in there might do it...but i agree with a lot of the people on here...it would depend on how bad i want those 4*s...
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    If you buy single covers and stop once you get the 4* then one should expect it on the 10.5 pull. Which means the expected cost of the 4* is 1575 hp
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    StarScream wrote:
    broll wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

People are allowed to have an opinion without you labeling it whining because you don't agree.

No, they are not. You can't censor one person while allowing another to have a voice. As much as others have the right to an opinion, I have the right to call out the whining.
  • Mr_Sinister
    No, they are not. You can't censor one person while allowing another to have a voice. As much as others have the right to an opinion, I have the right to call out the whining.

I can, actually. The title says "constructive feedback". Calling people whiners is not following the intent of the thread. If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post at all in the thread.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

I can, actually. The title says "constructive feedback". Calling people whiners is not following the intent of the thread. If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post at all in the thread.

Hi, I'm the Internet. Have we met?
  • Mr_Sinister
    broll wrote:

Hi, I'm the Internet. Have we met?

The thread is for constructive feedback to improve vaults. Calling people whiners because you don't agree with them is needless as it's only intention is to piss people off.
    It's not unreasonable to keep things civil and constructive regardless of what the rest of the internet is doing.
  • Mr_Sinister
    A member of my alliance family mentioned the increase in hp with signal intercepts and the emergence of the vaults. I hadn't thought of the relation, but after considering it, I'm starting to possibly rethink my view on the vaults. The amount of hp gained has increased dramatically, enough that these vaults seem much more palatable when viewed as a whole because we can reach the buy out total inside the time given pretty easily. Also, if you don't need or want the weekly character, that means accruing 2 weeks of hp to save in the event back to back vaults are in line with wants/needs.

As a buying hp for the vault proposition, it's a bad deal still imo. As a weekly 4* cover plus extras, to spend the extra hp we've been given, it's a really good deal.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    firethorne wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    Why not? They already sell two a month for $10 via the VIP. I don't see selling them for HP being any more or less silly.
    It's actually a better deal for D3 if people do need the full 3K HP to buy out the vault and/or buy a Logan's with the expressed intention of using it for the vault.

Doing the math, if you kept the vault the same save substituting an LT for one of the 2★ and the player sold each of the 2-3★ for ISO (to simplify things I'm not taking extra bonuses like Champ level rewards into account), the vault would be equivalent to:

4★ Guaranteed X Cover
    4★ Random Cover
    8250 ISO

Sure, people could potentially get the 4★ + LT for only 300HP but the odds are against them. Meanwhile, VIP (for half the price) gives you:

2 4★ OR 5★ Random Cover (including Latest Legends)
    9 CP (nearly half the cost for another 4★ OR 5★ Random Cover, excluding Latest Legends)
    700 HP
    6 Heroic Tokens (each including a small chance at most 4★)
    10000 ISO

Basically, not only is a single LT not asking too much or "silly" it's actually still a bad value for the consumer unless you desperately need that cover. In which case you might still be better off saving up the 120CP necessary to purchase it, foregoing four other random 4-5★ covers, than spending the HP. Saving up that much CP would probably take less time given current Progression reward schemes, especially in PvE.