Invisible Woman (Classic) Character Update

Options

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am utterly baffled as to why the met-condition on green (having _# of locked tiles) makes the power weaker. Obviously you're trading damage for the ability to basic-ify locked enemy special tiles, but the tradeoff doesn't seem particularly exciting. She still seems like a bit of a wonky support-character to me, which the A.I. may not necessarily be able to play very effectively -- although I hope to be proven wrong once her changes go live!

It's not necessarily weaker.

6cd6d6d26d48b8108042e06e4c8dd453245a4463.png

For example, if there are three bubbles on the board and you have 16 blueflag.png and 10 greenflag.png you could simply pop the green and do 8299 damage, and have a board with seven tiles on it. If you pop the blues first, though (and there are sufficient targets) you could use the same ten green with a board containing 11 bubbles. 11x1245=13,695 damage.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Numbers look very solid to me. My biggest question is whether or not blue is usable without enemy special tiles on the board. Language seems to indicate yes, and if so that's still 3 strike tiles with the same strength as Pun's which is a nice bonus. Green looks fantastic as others have pointed out, and yellow looks nice with the protect tiles. I could see arguments for 5/3/5, though I'm leaning towards 3/5/5 myself.

Overall this looks like a really great buff for her. It doesn't put her on the same level as the bigger 4*s like Peggy, Bobby, etc. but upper middle tier IMO.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    so for her greenflag.png ...

it's a good power to use if there are 1-3 forcefield.png on the board (8,299 dmg)
    relatively speaking, it's not quite as good if there are 4 to 6 forcefield.png (4,280 to 7,470 dmg)
    over 6, the damage then goes up again (7@ 8,715 dmg; 8@ 9,960 dmg; 9@ 11,205 dmg; etc etc)

so the best thing would be to fire greenflag.png (do the 8,299 dmg and get 4 bubbles), then fire blueflag.png (get 3 more bubbles and 3 strikes), then fire green again to pop all bubbles (8,715 + 3x180 = 9,255). that's 17,554 dmg (!!!) unless i'm understanding something wrong.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    so for her greenflag.png ...

it's a good power to use if there are 1-3 forcefield.png on the board (8,299 dmg)
    relatively speaking, it's not quite as good if there are 4 to 6 forcefield.png (4,280 to 7,470 dmg)
    over 6, the damage then goes up again (7@ 8,715 dmg; 8@ 9,960 dmg; 9@ 11,205 dmg; etc etc)

so the best thing would be to fire greenflag.png (do the 8,299 dmg and get 4 bubbles), then fire blueflag.png (get 3 more bubbles and 3 strikes), then fire green again to pop all bubbles (8,715 + 3x180 = 9,255). that's 17,554 dmg (!!!) unless i'm understanding something wrong.

Outside of a wave node, you're not getting a chance to do that in a normal match unless you get really, really lucky or you pair her with IM40 and Kamala. We're looking at, what 8 blueflag.png and 20 greenflag.png?
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    My biggest question is whether or not blue is usable without enemy special tiles on the board.

Tried it this morning. It's possible. You just create strike tiles.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like it. The crash was pretty easy to do. I barely even needed to become invisible. The green with 9000 dmg is killer!
  • Spiritclaw
    Options
    AlphaNik wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    My biggest question is whether or not blue is usable without enemy special tiles on the board.

Tried it this morning. It's possible. You just create strike tiles.

Are you sure you don't also lock some random tiles if there are no special targets present? I did Crash immediately on waking, so maybe I was too sleepy and didn't see what I thought I saw, but that was my impression.

Also, I did randomly put a force bubble on a team-up tile, so the Quicksilver/Invisible Woman team hasn't lost all synergy. That might have been with the green, though.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Question:

why does locking an enemy special tile appeal to anyone? Does it negate that power while it remains locked, or does it merely mean it can not be moved around the board? If the first, then that seems like a good idea. If all it does is lock it in-place... then this is still a useless character except for crash and required nodes.

I am struggling with IW real hard, meaning I have her but never want to use her. This did nothing to change my mind.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:

Are you sure you don't also lock some random tiles if there are no special targets present? I did Crash immediately on waking, so maybe I was too sleepy and didn't see what I thought I saw, but that was my impression.

Also, I did randomly put a force bubble on a team-up tile, so the Quicksilver/Invisible Woman team hasn't lost all synergy. That might have been with the green, though.

I just did crash and blue just puts out the strike tiles. No bubbles were added.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Question:

why does locking an enemy special tile appeal to anyone? Does it negate that power while it remains locked, or does it merely mean it can not be moved around the board? If the first, then that seems like a good idea. If all it does is lock it in-place... then this is still a useless character except for crash and required nodes.

I am struggling with IW real hard, meaning I have her but never want to use her. This did nothing to change my mind.

I think the idea here for IW is that once you lock the enemy special tile, you can also eliminate when she follows it up with a green (while doing damage anyway).

Does anyone know if locking a special tile negates its effects (like no extra damage from a strike tile)? I’ve only used her in the crash this morning since the rework (and before the rework if we're being honest.)

Anyway after beating the crash I do like the rework. Not as good so far (I haven’t played her with a team yet) as the Starlord or Cho reworks but good.

I like how they’ve handled these recent 4* reworks. Nobody’s a killer overpowered 4* now, but all three are lot more fun to play with. Peggy is my next 4* to champ, but after her, these three are next on my list (unless I get a non-red Bucky before then)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Question:

Yes, locking a tile negates any effects it had. enemystrike.pngs no longer add to damage, eattack.pngs do not hit, enemyprotect.pngs do not protect, ecountdown.pngs do not count down, trap.pngs don't function.

I have noticed there's a big difference between locked tiles. There are 3 characters that can lock tiles - IW, QS, and Bagman.

IW: forcefield.png - Clear bubble.
    Bagman: locked_bm.png - locked bubble with a web over it.
    QS: locked_qs.png - It looks like there's a gate on it or something.

Now, I need to test this more, but from what I have found, QS locked tiles do not count towards IW's green. I had 3 & 3 on the board and she did the large damage & added more locked tiles to the board.

Pretty sure it works the other way too, you need 4 of QS locked_qs.png before he will do his supersonic move.

I could be wrong here, I only tested this in one match. But I'm pretty sure the different locked tiles are counted differently now, and QS & IW don't have the synergy they used to, which is unfortunate.
  • Spiritclaw
    Options
    madok wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:

I just did crash and blue just puts out the strike tiles. No bubbles were added.

Thanks! Sorry for any confusion I introduced.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Locking in general didn't seem that useful to me. Locking your own could protect it, but then it wouldn't be useful. And matching a a locked tile doesn't give you the ap. Locking enemy tiles keep them at bay but it would be a little inconvenient since you would have to clear that tile twice to get rid of it. The green now would take care of that. I feel that you want at least 4 in blue to lock countdown tiles for pve, and the strike tiles are nice. I'm think 3/5/5 since team invisibility isn't useful against AOE attacks anyways. Negating a nuke with a well timed yellow would be tough anyway, but could go 4/4/5 to keep that option available. 5 green seems obvious
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    just tried with bagman.

fired icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png for the advertised 8,452 dmg, and got 4 of her forcefield.png
    then fired icon_spiderman.pngblueflag.png to get 4 more locked_bm.png

with the 8 total locked tiles on the board, I should have gotten 10,144 dmg (8X 1,268)
    however, only icon_invisiblewoman.pngforcefield.png tiles were popped for 5,072 dmg (4x 1,268)

C'MON MAN icon_evil.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have noticed there's a big difference between locked tiles. There are 3 characters that can lock tiles - IW, QS, and Bagman.

IW: forcefield.png - Clear bubble.
    Bagman: locked_bm.png - locked bubble with a web over it.
    QS: locked_qs.png - It looks like there's a gate on it or something.

Now, I need to test this more, but from what I have found, QS locked tiles do not count towards IW's green. I had 3 & 3 on the board and she did the large damage & added more locked tiles to the board.

Pretty sure it works the other way too, you need 4 of QS locked_qs.png before he will do his supersonic move.

I could be wrong here, I only tested this in one match. But I'm pretty sure the different locked tiles are counted differently now, and QS & IW don't have the synergy they used to, which is unfortunate.
    Invisible Woman locks tiles in "Force Bubbles" while Quicksilver just locks tiles. QS's powers only interact with locked Team-Up tiles, but don't care how they get locked.

Bag-man locks tiles in a "sticky cocoon" so his locks don't count as force bubbles for IW's powers, but will interact with QS if he happens to lock TU tiles.

Clear as mud?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    just tried with bagman.

fired icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png for the advertised 8,452 dmg, and got 4 of her forcefield.png
    then fired icon_spiderman.pngblueflag.png to get 4 more locked_bm.png

with the 8 total locked tiles on the board, I should have gotten 10,144 dmg (8X 1,268)
    however, only icon_invisiblewoman.pngforcefield.png tiles were popped for 5,072 dmg (4x 1,268)

C'MON MAN icon_evil.gif
    This works as it states in the description, but can be confusing. The important thing to remember: ALL Force Bubbles are locked tiles, but locked tiles are not necessarily Force Bubbles

Her powers are all tied to Force Bubbles. Which means Quicksilver locked team-up tiles, and Bag-Man Webbed tiles do not count toward her abilities. Quicksilver's powers specify locked Team-Up tiles, and thus benefit from Force Bubbles and Webbed tiles that are on team-up tiles.

BlackSheep101 beat me to it.
  • BassMuffinFIve
    Options
    I'm really liking 4/4/5 after the changes. It's nice that her blue makes strike tiles regardless of the opponent having any special tiles out or not.
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Weak protection, less damage, only useful with enemy special tiles. Looks quite like 4* version of Doc Ock. I think I'll use my championed IW less than before, sorry Susan.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Anyone know if the locked strikes from an opposing OML or PHX will still count towards their respective limits?
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    Anyone know if the locked strikes from an opposing OML or PHX will still count towards their respective limits?
    From my experience with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, the force bubble locked tiles are recognized as not existing and will not count towards limits or even appearing on the board for said abilities.