Invisible Woman (Classic) Character Update

Options

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it!! I'm curious if Blue will still allow you to lock your own tiles, especially if there are no enemy tiles available. I'm glad that her offensive capabilities have been improved.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Will this be changed before her clash?
    Her clash is on Friday. Time Gem season starts Thursday night. *fingers crossed!*
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The only thing I am disappointed about is that Yellow was not changed to Purple to allow a Rainbow Fantastic Four team. I guess we're supposed to continue to allow Doom to grab purple and destroy the team icon_lol.gif. All the other Invisibility skills are Purple so the switch would have made sense. There is still no reason to pair any of the F4 teammates together unless Mr. Fantastic's potential buff gives better bonuses for pairing with F4 characters.

Overall, I cannot wait to try her after the good buffs so far to SL and Cho. I am curious if her Crash of the Titans match will change from QS to someone else.

I will miss when the AI used an IW TU to unleash bubbles that did nothing icon_e_wink.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it!! I'm curious if Blue will still allow you to lock your own tiles, especially if there are no enemy tiles available. I'm glad that her offensive capabilities have been improved.

I think the biggest thing with her blue is if there are no special tiles you will get some strike tiles so it will always be able to fire unlike other powers.

Also her green will do damage no matter what. This is a huge improvement because she was so dependent on gathering enough blue to fire green to do anything. I will wait to see the final numbers to decide what would be the ideal build and weather she is worth championing. So far cho and starlord have been very good buffs so I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suddenreal wrote:
    For PVP she'll remain low tier, I believe, but for PVE I think she'll rank a lot higher than she does now (especially against anything that throws out tiles like there's no tomorrow).

Dunno if that's definitely true. She seems like she's built to be a direct hard counter to those 8-10 cover OML/PHX teams out there. Definitely not top tier by any means, but she'll move away from the useless tier into the serviceable tier, I think.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2 every season, so they'll be one more, right?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    The blue is now only situationally useful and unless not directly tied to locking special tiles offers no way to make your own strikes

Blue with tiles to lock = locks random tiles then creates strikes
    or
    blue with no tiles to lock = creates strikes
    or
    blue with no tiles to lock = no valid tiles, no strikes created

I'd guess that at rank 4 or 5, it'll lock any type of tile, including basic. And that's where the strikes will come from.

But if it's random, wouldn't allowing basic tiles at top level be a detriment?
  • Starsaber
    Options
    They never said there'd be the same amount of changes each season
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been debating champing her just so I could stop selling her covers. This might push me to do it.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Starsaber wrote:

I could've sworn the original post said 2 every season. SS/Hulk, SL/Devil Dino...IW/"X"

I might be mistaken but I don't think so.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starsaber wrote:

I could've sworn the original post said 2 every season. SS/Hulk, SL/Devil Dino...IW/"X"

I might be mistaken but I don't think so.

I was just coming here to ask this. I seem to remember them saying 2 per season also.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suddenreal wrote:
    For PVP she'll remain low tier, I believe, but for PVE I think she'll rank a lot higher than she does now (especially against anything that throws out tiles like there's no tomorrow).

Dunno if that's definitely true. She seems like she's built to be a direct hard counter to those 8-10 cover OML/PHX teams out there. Definitely not top tier by any means, but she'll move away from the useless tier into the serviceable tier, I think.
    I think in PVP she might be a better TU in PVP then a counter. First she will need to be buffed for the week to be useful against 5* and then it will come down to who else is buffed that week to determine if she is someone you want to use. She still has lower health for a 4* and a 5* with 8-10 covers can take her down quickly. Her blue as a TU could be a game saving play especially if the AI gets a lot of black quickly.

For partners I can see her work well with Pro X now that she makes strike tiles for him to buff when invisible. My only concern is I don't think bubbles will cover up CD which was really useful in PVE.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 per season is good enough for me!! If they have time for two, then that's great. If not, then 1 is cool!

I'm much happier with the game now. They have done a lot of changes to create a more meaningful flow of ISO into the atmosphere, and those changes have helped make them money, so it's been beneficial to all of us.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Will have to test it out but doesn't seem that much better than she is now. Had hope they would have been more creative with her re-work. Could be something like, she starts the match invisible especially since her name is "Invisible Woman". She stays invisible until her team is downed. Generates force bubble every turn, when there is 4 on the board they explode 3x3 dealing damage and generate ap.

It would have be good opportunity to introduce a new tile made specifically for the fantastic four members. Basically its imaginaut, while on the board it increases match damage for every member of the f4 on the team. Let them give Mr Fantastic a new (black tile) ability. When people rather use 3 star IM and SW over F4 members you know they really need the major rework help.
  • Heartburn
    Options
    sounds promising, would of like some board destruction coming from some of those burst force fields in her greentile.png like destroy up to 3 basic (random 1-3, no damage but can start cascades) tiles surrounding the newly generated force bubbles to put in some work with the strike tiles
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never expected that my first max-covered (and barely-leveled) 4* would be getting any more attention after her first sub-par "update" ages ago. The recent positive-changes to Cho and Star-Lord have made me incredibly optimistic for the future of the game's character designs, and I have good (but tempered) hopes for Invisible Woman and all other updates to follow.

Thanks, devs! icon_e_smile.gif That is all.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "prevents Invisible Woman from being targeted by match damage and powers"

Does this mean she cannot be hit by AOE?

None of the current "invisible" powers are this explicit about what invisibility does.
    LakeStone wrote:

Grant Invisibility - 7 AP
    Creates an Invisibility tile that prevents Invisible Woman from being targeted by match damage and powers.
    -Upgrades include creating Protect tiles and granting teammates invisibility for 2 turns.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    "prevents Invisible Woman from being targeted by match damage and powers"

Does this mean she cannot be hit by AOE?

None of the current "invisible" powers are this explicit about what invisibility does.
    LakeStone wrote:

Grant Invisibility - 7 AP
    Creates an Invisibility tile that prevents Invisible Woman from being targeted by match damage and powers.
    -Upgrades include creating Protect tiles and granting teammates invisibility for 2 turns.
    "Prevents Invisible Woman from being targeted by match damage and powers" to me implies she cannot be targeted by powers.

AoE powers are not targeted (with the additional targeted exceptions like Carnage and Star-Lord); from this, I assume AoE will still hit her as normal.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good point. I think you're right.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glad to see this because you never forget your first....

I busted my **** finishing first in the PvE that introduced her. That was before we could see the powers on the reward page, it was a huge disappointment when I was first able to see her powers icon_e_smile.gif

At first it looks like a huge loss to not be able to target her blue but let's wait until we see the numbers...