SHIELD Signal Intercept is a good thing

13»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I completely empathize with steam users. The SI have really helped me, especially when it comes to Hero points. I've add around 4 new slots for my 2 farm with the help.from all the hero points I've accumulated since it started. Not everyday is a great day in rewards, but like today I ended up with 200 HP from intercepts along with around 4000 iso and 2 cp.

Though don't agree with notifications warning a potential player about the version they are playing on, that's up to the platform chooser to educate themselves before choosing, the developers should try to implement a fair system as much as they can across all platforms.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge instituted a new feature that would give more rewards only to Steam users?

Let's say they added the ability to package and sell/buy/trade rare cards with Steam's market system.
    That would probably cause a substantial portion of mobile players to bring out the pitchforks and torches, yes?

elusive wrote:
    And the moral of this thread is "Screw you. Got mine."

Good lord this has to be the most unpleasently smug opening post I've seen on these boards.

What's more concerning to me is the fact that 24+ people so far agree with it.

Misery enjoys company. Smugness enjoys it more.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Er, how did it become a steam loser thread? Let's get back on track.How much rewards do you get per day? I got 7k and about 100hp on day 1
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Gari wrote:
    Er, how did it become a steam loser thread? Let's get back on track.How much rewards do you get per day? I got 7k and about 100hp on day 1

I'm so incredibly jelaous as a Steam user that also used to have a VIP account.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Bit harsh to stick it to Steam users and try and salt their wounds.
    Especially when they pay equally why would you not want to be treated the same, every resource in this game is valuable, every minor bit of iso, heroic points, tokens and at times the Intercepts throw out really nice rewards i have had days getting around 6/8k iso, 2/3 heroic packs, command points, a bad day i still typically get a few k iso and 20 or so heroic points, why would you not be salty about not getting it purely because you got it on steam when the game has everything needing large amounts of said resources.

I can't see why they won't let you migrate the account if they literally have no way to give you the rewards then you should at the very least be able to link it to FB and migrate it cross platform as a 1 off we are sorry we can't support certain things on steam.. it's not like they don't know what your account has even people who don't have an iphone or android phone can still use bluestacks and play via android that way unless there was some incentive from steam.

I play on mobile but i know i would definitely be cheesed off if i had put money into the steam version to then just get left in the rain it's not a nice feeling and people shouldn't lord it over them because one day something might hit steam and not mobile and then the shoes on the other foot, I'd like to reserve my right to complain if such a thing happens and when people say blah blah stop moaning lump it i'll point this reply out icon_e_wink.gif

And to the topic yes it's definitely a good thing the rewards are a really nice pick me up and add a little more to missions now n then... be nice to have the prologue back/unlockable so i can hit the limit i dont think i get that close to 20 with the pve available at the mo
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    As a Steam player, I find myself getting disillusioned by three things.

1) The feeling I am being frozen out of the game for picking the wrong platform oh such a long time ago.

2) The lack of any viable options. Either suck it up and keep playing while slowly being forgotten, or start over at zero, lose all your progress and the money you invested, to play on a platform you don't actually like playing on.

3) The gleeful attitude of certain players saying things like "This is a mobile game. Sorry. Try playing on a phone." F you, got mine, right?
  • As a Steam player, I find myself getting disillusioned by three things.

1) The feeling I am being frozen out of the game for picking the wrong platform oh such a long time ago.

2) The lack of any viable options. Either suck it up and keep playing while slowly being forgotten, or start over at zero, lose all your progress and the money you invested, to play on a platform you don't actually like playing on.

3) The gleeful attitude of certain players saying things like "This is a mobile game. Sorry. Try playing on a phone." F you, got mine, right?

Basically, they just need to convert everyone on Steam who asks to be converted to mobile. No excuses. Just tinykitty do it.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically, they just need to convert everyone on Steam who asks to be converted to mobile. No excuses. Just tinykitty do it.

Which still leaves those players that don't want to run the (even more unstable) mobile version on their iOS or Android phone; those that have a Windows phone; or those that don't have a smart phone at all. (Scary concept to some, but yes: they still exist.)

No; basically what they need to do after making Steam users miss out on both Facebook sharing rewards and on rewards from 'signal intercept' ad impressions, is to sweeten the deal for Steam users in another way.

E.g. double or even quadruple the daily alliance income for Steam users. Or give Steam users a higher percentage odds at pulling HP from their randomized daily rewards. Or give Steam users bigger ISO or HP values from randomized daily rewards. Or all or any combination of those.

Plenty of perfectly valid options there that will balance the scales while not forcing people to shift their preferred platform of play.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I forgot.

4) the complete lack of communication, not even the courtesy of letting us know they acknowledge our concerns.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    SHIELD Signal Intercept is a good thing

...If it works
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    It's a ****. Still not fixed bug. Only 3 times since it was introduced I've seen something different from te ERROR screen.