Special Limited Deadpool Vault

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the 40 Item Vaults with 100/Token have been the best

That said much of this Deadpool Vault is useful for me
    (only about 6 Tokens I'd end up selling)
    likely will still pass though
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Hendross wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I'm torn myself. My 4pool currently sits at 2/5/5 and the vault is offering the one cover I need to champ him.

I hope this doesn't become an HB thing where two years later I'm still sitting on a 2/5/5 character.

Pony up and buy it. 4 star covers use to be 2500HP. Besides taking potentially 2 years, how many purples and/or blacks will you burn before you get that last cover.
    I would agree about this. but just remember if you spend hp on the vaul you are getting the xpool cover but at the same time, telling them that you like vault as it will register as a buy in their stats meaning that it was successful even though we all hate it.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    No 500ISO rewards or 350HP cost... i dunno, honestly, i am fine with this vault. Sure, 2*s are not very valuable but compare it to daily offer of Heroic Tokens (100HP per piece), with one 4*, three 3*s guaranteed and XPs gained from promoting. I would say its acceptable. Much better than Strange vaults.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the anni vault showed us how great vaults can be, so everything since them is rather meh imo. Really it's just time to loosen the purse strings on 4 stars and LTs while decreasing 2 stars and iso rewards. Nothing worse than getting an event token and getting a zonk (8 of out 10) to make a player feel like they are wasting their time.

Plenty of revenue from roster spots, iso, HP, etc, so covers should be the one thing that keeps people around. When everything is a gamble it makes people want to gamble less.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Next let's have a vault with a yellow OML in it. They'll see a spike in spending then.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Look at vault see red hard pass for my 5/2/2 xfdp. Now if they opened 3 vaults with each having a different color like the strange vaults then I might have bought 2 of the vaults! Oh well tis the nature of rngesus.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Ihen everything is a gamble it makes people want to gamble less.

Hahahaha

Tell that to Vegas
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just spent 750...four 2*s and a Beast cover.

Silly me icon_cry.gif
  • smkspy
    Phumade wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Ihen everything is a gamble it makes people want to gamble less.

Hahahaha

Tell that to Vegas

Free drinks, yo.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is the problem? Back when you could buy 4*s outright, they cost 2500HP. If these vaults become a permanent addition, they'll give you a chance to buy a 4* for 150HP at best or 3000HP plus 19 other rewards at worst.

Certainly not something to do every time, for a champion level, but if it's a certain cover that you need there's no reason to complain about being given an extra opportunity to get it.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Sure, 4* covers used to cost 2500HP, but there were also a lot fewer 4*'s then, and the ways of getting 4*'s were a lot more limited. On the flip side, the value of HP is wildly dependent on how far along you are in the game. I'm sitting on nearly 3K HP right now, essentially earned F2P, on top of eight thousand HP worth of open roster slots, while alliance mates in the 2-3* transition are constantly desperate for enough HP to open roster slots. So a direct comparison to the old days of buying covers for HP isn't super valid.

It depends on what the devs are aiming for, I guess. If they're looking for lots of people thinking they gotta have what's in this vault even if they have to spend real money on HP to buy it out, I think they're coming up short on average. If you need the covers to get to 13 for the characters, yeah, but if all you want are champion levels, there are 18 covers in the Deadpool vault. That's only nine days worth of Heroic and Event Vault daily deals at 100HP per pull instead of 150.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    What is the problem? Back when you could buy 4*s outright, they cost 2500HP. If these vaults become a permanent addition, they'll give you a chance to buy a 4* for 150HP at best or 3000HP plus 19 other rewards at worst.

Certainly not something to do every time, for a champion level, but if it's a certain cover that you need there's no reason to complain about being given an extra opportunity to get it.

This. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    BigRussian wrote:
    This. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Well for quantity of covers this is a better deal then a normal 10 pack correct? And then you get a lot more champ rewards that can turn into cp or Lt. It doesn't by any way fix the 5 star problem I'm just saying.
  • smoq84 wrote:
    Yeah, such vault would be great if the cover was colorless and could be assigned to whatever skill you want.

Folks.. upvote this earlier post. D3 could turn this vault around by doing that.
    Either stick one of each colour cover in the vault to make it "special", or one colourless cover if it must be a sole cover.

There's your value D3, give smoq84 all the cookies.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I didn't buy any tokens for the Strange vaults, and I bought one from this one...

Pulled 3 4*s and 3000 iso in 4 pulls...

I am going to get hammered by RNG soon, and but good...
  • smkspy
    Huh? I think you have your vaults confused.
  • maltyo9
    smkspy wrote:

If you were referring to my post, no, I don't. I got the 3 artifact tokens from the Strange event, but didn't buy any. I pulled 3k iso and 2 4* covers. I bought one from this vault, and got the XFDP cover. The point I was making was, I think my luck is about to run out (3 4* and 3k iso for 150 hp is pretty lucky), and to show that all vaults can have value, depending on your progression in the game.

...except for that GOTG vault, that one sucked.
  • maltyo9 wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

If you were referring to my post, no, I don't. I got the 3 artifact tokens from the Strange event, but didn't buy any. I pulled 3k iso and 2 4* covers. I bought one from this vault, and got the XFDP cover. The point I was making was, I think my luck is about to run out (3 4* and 3k iso for 150 hp is pretty lucky), and to show that all vaults can have value, depending on your progression in the game.

It's easy to say all vaults have value when you open 1 token and the get the mega prize..
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

It's easy to say all vaults have value when you open 1 token and the get the mega prize..

Totally agree. The only reason I even bought one was because every cover in the vault was usable for me.
  • smkspy
    maltyo9 wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Your sentence structure was very confusing.

And like others have said, it's easy to say a vault has value when you get that lucky pull. I pulled the LT from one of the strange vaults...very lucky but I wouldn't say the vault was worth 350 iso per pull.

But again, it's all digital goods and vault is in the eye of the beholder.