Special Limited Deadpool Vault

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I entered the game to see a pop-up of a limited time XFDP vault. Awesome... Checked it out... Very lame. Why does this vault exist? Especially when we've been complaining about the vault contents lately. It's basically a vault full if 2* covers.

Anyways my complaint isn't the sole reason for this post. I was thinking that they should run these special vaults alongside every PvE that has the 4* and 3* essential cover. Obviously we have the PvE event vault but I've never pulled the much needed 4* essential. For 3000 HP to acquire a 4* I don't have for the PvE essential could be useful. For instance, the recent Strange event I didn't have Nova and this resulted in finishing outside the T100 for the second time since I returned from Retirement.

What do you goes think? Discuss.

Comments

• Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    This kind of vault is just shame. They just put up something with less RNG to attract the greedy people who need the 4* cover in it. They put the word special in it, but there's nothing special except to try to make money. There's even not a free shot or a promotion for multiple draw...

Those kind of vaults should be just like the halloween one, on a real special occasion and good to purchase.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that it's lame. I have no interest at all in the vault.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Seems to me like the limited vaults have been popular enough that they're testing different token price points and reward mixes to see what odds people will put up with. This one has fewer rewards than Vault of Horrors and more expensive tokens. Not interested either, but I've seen in my own alliance how a limited vault spikes HP buys, so I'd be shocked if they didn't explore it further.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Yuk. Not interested either. I may pay 50 HP for a shot, definitely not 150.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I won't buy this because I don't need the cover, if it was a cover I really needed I might buy it, I might have even bought this one if they had put more iso and some cp in there
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    clearly demi/d3 make a lot of money from these special vaults because they have become a pretty regular feature of the game. But they have been slowly twisting the screws, making each vault a slightly worse deal that the last.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    WORST VAULT EVER..... or is it a Joke? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not 1st April yet and D3 are trying to fool us. Not me - I see what you did there. Maybe if the first pull is free and the single one is 50 HP (and if I need the 4* cover - to add a champion level I would not waste the HP).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we have shield intercepts, people are winning more hp regularly.. they need something to spend it on. I did single pulls and drew 4pool after a few tries. Yay!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I agree the vault looks lame (I don't know if 3*'s are random or not, but I have Psylocke, Colossus and DocOck - really?!).
    But my Deadpool is at 12 covers and I will open some hoarded LT's in a week. Maybe, just maybe, if I got some purple DP covers I will think of trying the vault to get the needed 13th cover to champion him. Maybe...

If they want to run such vaults more often they could be tempting for those who need that one particular cover.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    The sad thing is my 4pool is at 4/3/5 and I have a purple in my queue, so I'm highly tempted but 150 hp per pull seems like a lot and RNG is never on your side.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Since my X-Pool is 5/3/1 there`s nothing interesting in this vault. And I`m not going to spend 3000 HP for a bunch of 2* and 3* cover which I can get for free in DDQ vault!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, such vault would be great if the cover was colorless and could be assigned to whatever skill you want.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    A greater than 2 out of 3 chance that HP will be wasted to RNG. Nope, not gonna happen.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already wasted enough HP on trying to pull strange covers this week and deadpool is 181 so that uncanny red covers is coming sooner or later. Major pass. These vaults would be a lot more tempting if they included newer/more 4s and more 3s. As they stand, the thrill of adding covers to old 4 stars which already are disproportionately favored in LTs is not appealling.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    No interest for me - I already have 5 of his red, and that's the colour of the single XFDP cover in this ever-so-slightly-overhyped vault.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    It seems like a fair vault for the price to buy it out, if you consider the former HP price of buying a 4* cover was (2500 HP?). Now for 500 HP extra, you get a ton of champ covers if that is where you are at in the game progress. It seems everything has been geared towards helping those who are setting up 2* and 3* farms. If you need the 4* or are actively farming 2*s and 3*s for ISO/HP champ rewards, the vault can be a boost in your progress. If you don't game that way, then it's a meh vault for you. No harm, no foul. No one is forcing you to pull from it or buy anything. I'm just glad there's an additional source of in game resources introduced.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like a fair vault for the price to buy it out, if you consider the former HP price of buying a 4* cover was (2500 HP?). Now for 500 HP extra, you get a ton of champ covers if that is where you are at in the game progress. It seems everything has been geared towards helping those who are setting up 2* and 3* farms. If you need the 4* or are actively farming 2*s and 3*s for ISO/HP champ rewards, the vault can be a boost in your progress. If you don't game that way, then it's a meh vault for you. No harm, no foul. No one is forcing you to pull from it or buy anything. I'm just glad there's an additional source of in game resources introduced.
    I have to agree. There were no useless rewards in the vault for me so I bought it. Back when we could buy covers for HP, 3000 HP would buy you a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and a star.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    It's not as good as the vault of horrors but at least it isn't 4pool black. Red is my favourite power and my 4pool has one measly cover of that and 5 black and 4 purple.

So I'll keep punting hoping to get that red to make his crash easier.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I might have been interested but two of the star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers are already maxed out and would be wasted if I 'won' them. My 4Pool is in the 'poo house' (1/1/1) so that cover won't do much.

The vault is very meh.