Special Limited Deadpool Vault

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I'm torn myself. My 4pool currently sits at 2/5/5 and the vault is offering the one cover I need to champ him.

I hope this doesn't become an HB thing where two years later I'm still sitting on a 2/5/5 character.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    It seems like a fair vault for the price to buy it out, if you consider the former HP price of buying a 4* cover was (2500 HP?). Now for 500 HP extra, you get a ton of champ covers if that is where you are at in the game progress. It seems everything has been geared towards helping those who are setting up 2* and 3* farms. If you need the 4* or are actively farming 2*s and 3*s for ISO/HP champ rewards, the vault can be a boost in your progress. If you don't game that way, then it's a meh vault for you. No harm, no foul. No one is forcing you to pull from it or buy anything. I'm just glad there's an additional source of in game resources introduced.

This exactly. Even if I didn't have any of the 2* covers as champs and sold them outright, there is 7000 in iso in 2* and the iso items alone. Then 3 3*s and a 4* for 3000 HP. At the very least you are getting 9500 iso for 3k HP (not great) bit what I'll be getting is champ levels for all of my characters which will also include HP, CP, tokens and XP.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Edit:. After all was said and done I made a total of 11k iso, 5cp, earned a Cho cover, opened a Spider-woman cover, and made about 200xp (probably more, I lost count).
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    It seems like a fair vault for the price to buy it out, if you consider the former HP price of buying a 4* cover was (2500 HP?). Now for 500 HP extra, you get a ton of champ covers if that is where you are at in the game progress. It seems everything has been geared towards helping those who are setting up 2* and 3* farms. If you need the 4* or are actively farming 2*s and 3*s for ISO/HP champ rewards, the vault can be a boost in your progress. If you don't game that way, then it's a meh vault for you. No harm, no foul. No one is forcing you to pull from it or buy anything. I'm just glad there's an additional source of in game resources introduced.

I got the DP cover on my second pull so I spent 300 HP for a Ms Marvel cover that will become a champ reward later today when I rechamp her and a 2nd red cover for XFDP. Well worth the 300 HP. A++++, would spend HP again. Especially since the 20 pack is the same price as 20 pulls at 150 HP I'm good with not pulling the 10 or 20 pack and just letting RNGesus decide. If it was a character I didn't want/need then I would skip it. That simple, really.

And I absolutely agree about being glad that it's available even if I don't want/need it. I hope they do it for more characters, a once a week or twice monthly vault of a 1/20 chance to pull a 4* for 150 HP a pull? Sign me up.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Now that we have shield intercepts, people are winning more hp regularly.. they need something to spend it on. I did single pulls and drew 4pool after a few tries. Yay!

Thanks to shield intercepts I am stocking up on "error, please try again later"

Plenty I could use in the vault, but not for 150 hp at a time
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I'm torn myself. My 4pool currently sits at 2/5/5 and the vault is offering the one cover I need to champ him.

I hope this doesn't become an HB thing where two years later I'm still sitting on a 2/5/5 character.

If I were you, I would have used 120 CP to champ him like last week.
    Sometimes you have to take what you want with the resources available.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't underestimate Xpool at 5 black when OML (or really anyone) is tanking. Just let hit stand in the back and watch the magic happen.

That being said, I'm not spending any Hero Points on this vault for my level 304 xpool, nor do I need any of the 2*s to keep my 2*-champ-train rolling.

It's a solid pass.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    So the only way to get tokens for this vault is to buy them with HP? No event gives out tokens for it?

That kinda sounds crazy to me. I will never use HP for anything but slots. I know that's a personal preference, but, I mean, there a ton of characters.

Also, like most, my vault is mostly 2*s, a few 3*s (not the best ones), and one Deadpool 4* cover, who I don't even have now so I'd have to spend 1000 HP to roster him anyway. icon_e_sad.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree. There were no useless rewards in the vault for me so I bought it. Back when we could buy covers for HP, 3000 HP would buy you a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and a star.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.

Have to issue a correction there, sir, the old HP prices were:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png - 2500 imcoin.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png - 1250 imcoin.png
    star.pngstar.png - 250 imcoin.png
    star.png - 50 imcoin.png

... so 3000 imcoin.png would get a 4 and 2x 2s ... or 2x 3s and 2x 2s .... or 60x 1s, ha.

Anyway, agree that on the old HP basis, the vault is a good deal, it's "worth" 9,750 imcoin.png .*

* ... I use 'worth' sarcastically there, as it's used in the same sense as it is used in infomercials. "Lookie here, this pile of **** at 3 easy payments of $49.95 is a fantastic deal! This pile of **** is easily 'worth' $600 (because we say it is) !!!"

I started playing after buying HP for covers wasn't a thing. To me those prices sound like a rip off.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I was happy with the vault. The rewards were not "great" but I am in the process of championing my 3* characters, recycling my 2* max champs for rewards, and simply covering (and not yet leveling) 4* characters. I am a VIP and have hoarded my CP to 1000 and now pull from Classics when I get at least 20 (for fun). I bought some roster space earlier in the game so I'm good there. I like XFDP and have not yet received a redflag.png and a 3 powered 4* is much more fun than a 1 or 2 powered one so this vault made perfect sense to me because I have extra heropointsbig.png just sitting there waiting to be used.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM??????

This is easily one of THE silliest, most random, and unasked for vaults in the history of this game.

Only vault I think was worse was the Comic Con Guardians Of The Galaxy Turd Vault.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a token with a 5% chance of getting a specific 4* cover. If you're in need of the cover, it's a good offer. If not, you don't need to spend on it.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    This seems like a test to see if a 4* vault increases spend (money and/or HP). Especially if we see it roll through other characters. Could see some people saving up to spend when they know a chars vault is coming.
    I would like to see some discounts on the 10 and 20 options. encourage the bigger spend options a little to throw a risk vs reward thought into the player's head. Do I gamble on singles? or pull everything to get what I want?

My personal opinion (mostly F2P, spent some $$$ to get roster space awhile back) is that it would have to be a 4* cover for a top tier I have a dire need for to warrant 3k HP.

150 a pull seems a touch high on first look, but others have shown that it may not be based on previous data.
    And the 80 item vaults are 280HP/245HP (not counting free or the daily 100HP) but spread out over a much larger pool.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    My Deadpool 4* is 5/4/3 and I have a red cover in the vault. Lame, I would save the free token if we had gotten one.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I like the artifacts vaults from the strange event. That was sort of worth while. I spent about 3000hp in total to get three strange LTs and some 3* doctor strange covers. That hp was from the anniversary vault anyway.

This deadpool one is complete garbage.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    A far better idea would be to have a 20 token 4* vault and let you buy a max of say 5 tokens. So you are still playing the lottery but with better rewards. I need that red pool but not enough to dump 3k into it. If the other rewards were better I might have had a go.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    My Xforce Deadpool is 2/0/2, he's pretty much my unicorn (I have 15 max covered 4*'s including Nova and Quake) so I decided to go for it. Red Xforce Deadpool cover on my 20th pull.

Only me. Sigh..........
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

Pony up and buy it. 4 star covers use to be 2500HP. Besides taking potentially 2 years, how many purples and/or blacks will you burn before you get that last cover.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I love a good vault, this is not that.

If they made more enticing vaults I'd definitely up my spend. Massive chunks of iso and a good chance to win HP back, alongside LT and 4* goodness? Yes please.

I cleaned out about 5 anniversary vaults I think. Sold dino covers back at 2/1/0 ratio to get some HP back and the big slabs of HP in there made it so much fun.

This vault is like a 4 giving you the eye when you've been hooking up with a 7 or 8. You feel sorry for the poor thing.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    If any of the 2* characters in my vault were of any use to me, I'd probably buy one or two pulls. As it stands, I have none of them rostered nor do I plan to roster any of them any time soon.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    This feels like the developers are feeling out what's the best way to set up a mini-vault. People have had either very positive reactions to them (ex: Cap America one, I think) or very negative reactions to them (ex: Strange Vaults). I'm sure they'd love to figure out the right combination of size + pricing and run more of them.

Edit: My own opinion is that this is not a vault that's going to move me to buy anything. I prefer the 100 spideycoin.png ones, and I don't really want or need anything from this one.