S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts not working

13»

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback. I am waiting for the devs response on this and meanwhile I will try with switching off wifi.
  • THSpawn
    THSpawn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Hey guys, i was waiting for R114 would fix this issue. But instead you removed intercepts for good, now i never get the intercept button, i waited for a new day to see if i was in a bad luck yersterday, because you said first fight is granted an intercept. Great, I dont have the error message now... I tested again with VPN in an USA connection to see if you have this feature region locked or bad network coding with IP ranges (I´m in Argentina), and it seems that this is the case, because i´ve got the Intercept in the first try, with corresponding video and reward. Is this the bug fix you applied? Not showing the error? ... Please be serious. I dont want to use a VPN software that slows my device.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I updated and just got an intercept.

Are you playing PVE? They only show up in PVE matches, not PVP.

My experience has been that I get an error if I'm in a bad service area (no wi-fi, 2 bars or less), but it works the rest of the time.
  • I just updated to the latest version that came out today, and the problem has changed.

Prior to the update, clicking the intercept button to watch a video would either cause an error, or play the video and give a reward. It was very sporadic.
    Sometimes I had it error over 10 times in a row (meaning throughout the day, any time the button appeared and I clicked it, it gave an error). Other times it worked 6 times in a row.

Now that I have updated MPQ, when I click on the button to watch a video, it loads a screen of the video for a second, then fails. And by 'fails', I mean it will either restart MPQ (taking a long time to load up the app again), or it will crash MPQ completely.

I was hoping the update would fix the issue, but it appears to have made it worse for me.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

PS - I am always playing at home with full bars to wi-fi, and never have disconnect issues.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I have played a total of 49 missions in Simulator PVE and 5 in DDQ today (all after the update) and have had a total of zero Shield Intercepts except for maybe the one for the 'first story mission of the day'. I have a hard time believing this is all due to bad luck RNG of it occurring, so i was wondering if there were more people experiencing this behavior.

Went from 'error' in 95% of the cases to just not appearing after the update for me it seems. Really dissappointed about this, even though I know it's just the extra awards I'm missing out on.

Anyone else have this happen since the update?

Edit:

Yeah, scratch that bit about the first battle of the day. A new day just started for me and there was no Shield Intercept at all, so I don't think it is working properly a this time. Would be great if this could be confirmed by someone, hate to be the only one on mobile not getting extra rewards.
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    StevO-J wrote:
    I have played a total of 49 missions in Simulator PVE and 5 in DDQ today (all after the update) and have had a total of zero Shield Intercepts except for maybe the one for the 'first story mission of the day'. I have a hard time believing this is all due to bad luck RNG of it occurring, so i was wondering if there were more people experiencing this behavior.

Went from 'error' in 95% of the cases to just not appearing after the update for me it seems. Really dissappointed about this, even though I know it's just the extra awards I'm missing out on.

Anyone else have this happen since the update?

Edit:

Yeah, scratch that bit about the first battle of the day. A new day just started for me and there was no Shield Intercept at all, so I don't think it is working properly a this time. Would be great if this could be confirmed by someone, hate to be the only one on mobile not getting extra rewards.

same for me, after update i had 0 intercepts on my iphone
  • Using Samsung S7. Intercepts cause black screen and freeze.
  • New player, been playing for about a week. I have never seen an intercept once. Seen plenty of Facebook for 3 extras button, but not one intercept. Android user on Wifi.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Someone told me to try using a VPN app, and that seems to work (at least once for me, have not tried more than just once to try it out). So could it be that it just doesn't work outside of the US or something? I have little to no knowledge of these things, but it would seem a bit strange if this feature was introduced and then turned out to work for the only a part of the world.

We'll see how this develops. Would be great if there would be some kind of 'official response' in the not too distant future.