Someone want to explain this INSANE enemy scaling?

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    The problem is only with Ultron Sentries, that for whatever reason they have too many hitpoints and their match damage is also too high. For me it looks like they are considered as 5s instead of as 1s, 2s or 3s as other goons are.
    5s don't hit 100K health until waaaay past level 400. their labeled level and their stat's level is off. by a bunch.

You are right, they should not have as many hitpoints at that level if they were 5s. On the other hand, if they had the same level than the boss, level 513 in my case, then it would be possible to have so many hitpoints and a match damage so high. Anyway, this is clearly a bug or Sentries are in need of a serious nerf icon_razz.gif

It is going to be great if this is fixed for the second or the third day of the event, and then some users play against the crazy Sentries and some other user against normal Sentries icon_razz.gif
    dsds wrote:
    I am glad I played maggia first. I alway go from left to right. I know I will have to do the other ones first. But at least they will worth more points later on?

So it's not like I am doing harder ones for less points?

Depends, this is assuming you will beat the node. If you think, like me, that I won't be able to beat the node at this current difficulty anymore after the 4th time, then it is better to do the node when it is worth less points, so you can recuperate with the later subs that will be worth more points. On the contrary, If you think it will be fixed it is worth waiting to the last day.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    The problem is only with Ultron Sentries, that for whatever reason they have too many hitpoints and their match damage is also too high. For me it looks like they are considered as 5s instead of as 1s, 2s or 3s as other goons are.
    5s don't hit 100K health until waaaay past level 400. their labeled level and their stat's level is off. by a bunch.
    I wouldn't call 416 waaaay past 400.
    At 416 they have 107k health and wipe my champed OML, champed Surfer and 435 Phoenix with ONE bad cascade which involves a critical.
    My 453 OML went from full health to dead.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    At 416 they have 107k health and wipe my champed OML, champed Surfer and 435 Phoenix with ONE bad cascade which involves a critical.
    That's his point. Your 453 OML has no where near 100k health, while a 416 sentry goon does have over 100k health.....it's not just that they are scaled as 5*s, but that their scaling is broken - even if you were to consider them 5*s.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    That's his point. Your 453 OML has no where near 100k health, while a 416 sentry goon does have over 100k health.....it's not just that they are scaled as 5*s, but that their scaling is broken - even if you were to consider them 5*s.
    Reading comprehension fail.
    I overlooked the "5s" in his post.
    My bad.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    It's so sweet of D3 to get me an early Xmas present. How did they know that I wanted the shittiest, most frustrating gameplay experience ever? Thanks d00dz, yr the best! icon_e_wink.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fo me on the hardest node round 4 is 358 level with 38k health. This is in the doom world mindless togetherness
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wondered why I was doing so well. You poor bastards.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    It's weird. After returning to the game a few months back I have gradually seen the difficulty of the game go from 'easily clear everything 4 times and get max progression easily' to 'easily clear everything 4 times and barely scrape progression' to 'This is steer manure, I can't even clear 4 times, I'll just give up after the final cover, again'.

What gives, D3?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I got my black Nova cover and **** the rest of this ****. I'm out of health packs I'm sick of **** scaling and I'm just done with this and for the record, if your boss can't be harmed it's **** that he has a nuke and 5k per match 3 damage. Just straight ****. Almost as bad as Boss Rush with the inability to set scaling. You can tell the devs don't actually play this game.
  • Polares
    The worst of these things is that Devs have not even acknowledged publicly that Sentries are broken and they will be fixed. Or that scaling for Bosses is too much and will also be fixed. This is what pisses me more. It happens in Boss Rush and in the next Boss event the same completely broken experience for some rosters.

Common Devs fix those scaling problems already!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    The worst of these things is that Devs have not even acknowledged publicly that Sentries are broken and they will be fixed. Or that scaling for Bosses is too much and will also be fixed. This is what pisses me more. It happens in Boss Rush and in the next Boss event the same completely broken experience for some rosters.

We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Strange Sights and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    I'm glad I didn't start with the sentries level. I will save this for last and hope for a fix by the third day

Weekend release events FTW! That office is going to be dark when the event ends.
  • Polares
    fmftint wrote:
    Polares wrote:

We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Strange Sights and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!

You are completely right, this is why I added the word FIX.

Devs acknowledging that we hated Boss Rush but then using the exact same scaling for Kaecillius is a kick in our balls :S icon_e_sad.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    The devs never acknowledged anything about our concerns about Boss Rush. They force ended the discussions through thread locks and through HiFi flatly said "no Comment, f-off and shut up" essentially. Looks like they then doubled down on this one with outrageous scaling.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    Is everyone posting about this a 5* user? I did the Doom sub first with 4* scaling and it was pretty normal.

Yes the problem is in 5 land. If you play with 3s and 4s everything is fine.

For people with 3 o 4 champed 5s Ultron Sentries are a NIGTHMARE, completely overpowered (crazy hitpoint pool and match damage specially).

Also having to fight the boss with 3s or 4s (no board manipulators or chars that 'give' tiles to the enemy in 5 land so...) when he is 515 isn't very fair.

That's rough. Scaling is much more manageable at the 3*-4* transition. In fact outside of the essential nodes it is pretty easy to handle and I'm sure if my Nova was better covered even those would be simple. Threads like this are the main reason I completed the 3* tier entirely before even considering leveling a 4*. If the payoff for having 5*s at high levels is crazy high scaling I'll be filling out the 4 tier before I even put a single ISO into the 5*s.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Had the same problem. This seemed to start with the 4th clear on the first hard node. I don't recall a problem with the first 3 clears, but that 4th was absolutely impossible for my roster and my team was wiped relatively quickly as I realized the Sentries were way overpowered.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I am taking my level 405 OML but he dies in a few turns. With Nova and red hulk. I have beat it 4 times but 5th time I cannot beat it. I've had to just accept to grind other nodes and leave that for last. Don't really want to use 10 health packs for nothing though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok after 6 clears I am seeing ultron sentry fighters at level 387 with 67k health. Sentry are generally anoying because of the mass of special tiles and cascades but now add in crazy health and match damage and they are just a health pack killer
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Here's the thing, now that we have scl lthey need to set the enemy values as flat for everyone playing. There should be no scaling at all any more...

Not fair that you can't finish, then play at a lower scl tI'll you can.

I thought that they might do this and not just make scl a reward thing. Clearly they didnt. But that's the only way to level the playing field and stop screwing people that have a well championed roster
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    stewbacca wrote:
    Here's the thing, now that we have scl lthey need to set the enemy values as flat for everyone playing. There should be no scaling at all any more...

Not fair that you can't finish, then play at a lower scl tI'll you can.

I thought that they might do this and not just make scl a reward thing. Clearly they didnt. But that's the only way to level the playing field and stop screwing people that have a well championed roster

That is hopefully the goal. Feeling your incremental progression against a SCL would be so much better than getting slapped with scaling enemies for your efforts.