Someone want to explain this INSANE enemy scaling?

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
3rd clear of 2nd hardest node - Ultron Sentry level 387 has 67k hp. Annoying, but ok.
4th clear - Ultron Sentry level 416 has 117k hp - and his blue match damage is 873.

Uhhhhhhh... I guess I'm supposed to lose...

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Hey today I discovered I no longer hate symbiotes! Thanks d3!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    3rd clear of 2nd hardest node - Ultron Sentry level 387 has 67k hp. Annoying, but ok.
    4th clear - Ultron Sentry level 416 has 117k hp - and his blue match damage is 873.

Uhhhhhhh... I guess I'm supposed to lose...

Exactly the same for me. I am just flooding the forum with the hope Devs will see.

Ultron minions need a NERF ASAP. Looks like they are considered as 5s, so they have hitpoints comparable to 5s, and even worse, their match damage is too. So when they add criticals (the blue one adds two at the same time), they do 8k damage!!! Plus strike and attack tiles already on the board. Nuts!!!
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I'm doing the Maggia/Mindless Ones first, thinking I'd get the worst out of the way, and judging from the scores in my slice, nearly everyone is getting trashed. I'm sitting at #24 and I've only managed one clear on some of these. The waves start out at a level where my best wave clearing team barely gets through round one. The 2* essential is like a terrible joke. I've wiped twice trying to get the 3rd clear!
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Give 2* Storm an essential node. Set scaling to maximum. Then make the bad guy immune to stuns.

Well played D3.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I'm glad to see my decision to avoid the Doom event in an attempt to put off more pain was a good one; as soon as I saw that Ultron Sentries were involved, I immediately backed out and went to the others. Those things have been making DDQ a pain in my butt for well over a year now, and to say I abhor them would be an understatement.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Pretty much the same for me....Ultron Sentry lvl 419-420 with 120K health....SO FUN!!!!!! lol
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is everyone posting about this a 5* user? I did the Doom sub first with 4* scaling and it was pretty normal.
  • Polares
    Jarvind wrote:
    Is everyone posting about this a 5* user? I did the Doom sub first with 4* scaling and it was pretty normal.

Yes the problem is in 5 land. If you play with 3s and 4s everything is fine.

For people with 3 o 4 champed 5s Ultron Sentries are a NIGTHMARE, completely overpowered (crazy hitpoint pool and match damage specially).

Also having to fight the boss with 3s or 4s (no board manipulators or chars that 'give' tiles to the enemy in 5 land so...) when he is 515 isn't very fair.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Ok I wasn't the only one. Last night I could not find anyone with this same problem. My Sentry Fighter had 70k and Gunner had just under that. The mindless one only had 23k. I don't remember what the health was before the 4th clear, but I know for a fact I was able to use Rulk. At 70k health, I had to use my 5* and wiped a couple times.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Same here. Something like 80k hit points on the 4th clear while the mindless one had somewhere in the 20k-30k range. I'm really not looking forward to beating them 3 times again in the morning.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that scaling is an issue - being punished for developing your roster is a bad idea and here it seems it's a core game design.

However not including 5* in the scaling would not be fair to non-5* users (due to luck or choice). Unless by locking them out you mean they can't be used in the given PvE (not just taken out of scaling calculation). If yes - i would strongly consider this the elegant and simple solution.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Jarvind wrote:

3* player here. Having a champed Cho and others would hit a sweeter spot. Trying to use boosted 3* which don't have any particular advantage to these PVE nodes isn't a lot of fun. I've resigned myself to using low cover 4* and 5*s. I think my bracket in SCL 7 shows the problem. These are mostly players who aren't eligible for SCL 8 yet (outside the usual suspects in the top 10), and it looks like nearly everyone is struggling.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

Yes the problem is in 5 land. If you play with 3s and 4s everything is fine.

For people with 3 o 4 champed 5s Ultron Sentries are a NIGTHMARE, completely overpowered (crazy hitpoint pool and match damage specially).

Also having to fight the boss with 3s or 4s (no board manipulators or chars that 'give' tiles to the enemy in 5 land so...) when he is 515 isn't very fair.

I've also soft-capped 5s at 360, so 4* scaling, and pretty handily just Rulk rolled everyone FTW. Sorry to hear 5s continue to plague peoples' experience.
  • Polares
    Jarvind wrote:

No sir. Champ 4* player. It's a sweet spot to be in. I don't plan on champing any 5*s ..... or even leveling past 370 .... until the 5* tier is fleshed out more and I can take a broad plunge and champ multiple 5s and maxchamp a slew of 4s.

I hate the idea of softcapping at any level, but the math is undeniable. The exponential scaling is a killer. If you champ a few 5s, as many players have done for PVP, it locks out the rest of your roster for all other modes of play. If you're pvp-only, not so bad, but if you prefer a more rounded game, it sucks.

This is sad but true (like the song).

The best experience in this game right now is by champing as many 4s as possible and soft capping all your 5s at the 360 level. 5s are strong enough so you can use them whit your 4s and they don't mess your scaling. Following this simple advice your life in both PvP and PvE will be much better., and you will be able to win whatever you propose to.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    scaling gets exponential, yes, but I'm not sure that's what the main issue is. it looks more like the scaling specifically for the sentries is broken compared to the other goons. which is particularly rough when they get free cascades and moves. I probably won't get to that sub until sat/sun. not looking forward to it.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    scaling gets exponential, yes, but I'm not sure that's what the main issue is. it looks more like the scaling specifically for the sentries is broken compared to the other goons. which is particularly rough when they get free cascades and moves. I probably won't get to that sub until sat/sun. not looking forward to it.

Yeah, this isn't normal. I've never seen scaling this bad and it really is only on one single node that it's happening.
  • Polares
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Yeah, this isn't normal. I've never seen scaling this bad and it really is only on one single node that it's happening.

The problem is only with Ultron Sentries, that for whatever reason they have too many hitpoints and their match damage is also too high. For me it looks like they are considered as 5s instead of as 1s, 2s or 3s as other goons are.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    The problem is only with Ultron Sentries, that for whatever reason they have too many hitpoints and their match damage is also too high. For me it looks like they are considered as 5s instead of as 1s, 2s or 3s as other goons are.
    5s don't hit 100K health until waaaay past level 400. their labeled level and their stat's level is off. by a bunch.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I'm glad I didn't start with the sentries level. I will save this for last and hope for a fix by the third day
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I am glad I played maggia first. I alway go from left to right. I know I will have to do the other ones first. But at least they will worth more points later on?

So it's not like I am doing harder ones for less points?