When did Elektra get this good?

Comments

• dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I won even with the bug. Had 2 match 5s and that pretty much did it. I gambled on getting match 5s. I even boosted critical tile damage. Electra purple was great. It let my prof x boost the strike tiles I got from her.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I was lucky and got invisibility off on my 3rd turn and electra did double double cross the next turn so I was able to ride that out for the win on my first try but I have an alliance mate who has a champed prof x and he keeps getting slaughtered. This one really is all about getting a lucky board from the start.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Champed x and lost the first time around due to some bad cascades so electra got 2 ballet's off. Won take 2, but it shouldn't have taken that.

Got a cage, which is ok I guess.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I'm really just out of words at this point. It's like when you just give up on being mad at Trump for saying horrible things.

It's not quite Acceptance, because it's still appalling and unacceptable, but it's just no longer surprising. I suppose they had bigger issues to worry about with launching a brand new PVE and all of the effort that must have gone into that, but geez...it's just exhausting.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Felt a bit weird.

For some reason I would take the ballet damage and then every time Professor X strengthened his tiles he would take damage as well.
    Like what?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it sucked. After about 5 tries, I gave up. Maybe Prof X is getting old, and his invisible is really only slightly blurry... filing a ticket.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Blahahah wrote:
    Felt a bit weird.

For some reason I would take the ballet damage and then every time Professor X strengthened his tiles he would take damage as well.
    Like what?
    That means she fired her Shadow Step, and every match damage you inflicted on her triggered that instead.

Basically the only way to win this match now is deny her red and deny her black. If she gets either of them off, you're dead. Hope she gets one cast of her purple to give you tiles to strengthen, and/or get some lucky match-5s.

"You're supposed to ..."

EDIT: I made 5 attempts at it, all ended the same. She got 10 black, and that's enough to finish me off. Tinykitty this.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    Felt a bit weird.

Like what?
    That means she fired her Shadow Step, and every match damage you inflicted on her triggered that instead.

Basically the only way to win this match now is deny her red and deny her black. If she gets either of them off, you're dead. Hope she gets one cast of her purple to give you tiles to strengthen, and/or get some lucky match-5s.

"You're supposed to ..."

Oh I see. I ended up winning with me 3/5/5 Prof X at level 130 or so.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    Yeah it sucked. After about 5 tries, I gave up. Maybe Prof X is getting old, and his invisible is really only slightly blurry... filing a ticket.
    i filed one. cut and paste response. "This is a known issue ... we're working on it ..."

I rated their response "Bad. I'm unsatisfied." That will show them.
    It won't show them.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Please fix, this sucks. Also regression testing, it's a thing...
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    So....I'm all for Elektra being the anti-inviso char....but then maybe dont have her be PXs match in crash....so I'm good with fixing this either way....but after claiming you were making some of the crashes easier, you match Bucky with panther and then put the inviso killer vs a guy whose only ability is to go invisible...lol
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Just hang in there and keep going for it. If you can stick around long enough to get invisible and for her to use DDC, you can steamroll her pretty quick.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    My 5/0/2 Prof that I wasn't going to bother trying with suddenly thinks this might be worth experimenting on.

I understand if I'm the only one who got more hope than I had before. I probably still won't manage but if people are doing it while Invis is broken, then maybe it's possible for me after all.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    658 wrote:
    Just hang in there and keep going for it. If you can stick around long enough to get invisible and for her to use DDC, you can steamroll her pretty quick.

Nope.
    One Shadow Step and my Prof X is basically dead and there is **** all I can do about it. He's so slow that I can never deny Black for long enough. Red is basically as bad or worse as I never seem to be able to match the trap Red.

If I had a champed Prof X maybe, but mine is nowhere near. 10 wasted Health Packs so far and counting.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    145, 4/5/0 got it done in two tries. no boosts needed.

But, yeah, the board has to have enough purple for X to go invisible AND Elektra to fire DDC. While simultaneously spacing out black enough that either you can match it, or she cannot.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    My 5/0/2 Prof that I wasn't going to bother trying with suddenly thinks this might be worth experimenting on.

I understand if I'm the only one who got more hope than I had before. I probably still won't manage but if people are doing it while Invis is broken, then maybe it's possible for me after all.
    Don't let it get your hopes too high. Invisibility still negates match damage. Unless you get really lucky with match-5s, you aren't likely to win this one, unfortunately.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did finally win this on my 10th try. In order to win you have to:

1) get enough purple to go invisible
    2) let Elektra get enough purple to cast it once, but not twice
    3) never let her get enough for Shadow Step, period
    4) Deny red as well, or get really lucky to match the trap tile if she does cast it
    5) keep the invis tile and your purple strikes out there long enough to win

As you can see, it's not easy. I guess plan B is to have a board with multiple match-5s out there from the beginning. But that's super-rare. As rare I guess as completing the entire checklist above.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I did was retreat every time she got shadow step or dance of death off. I'd go in again if PX had more than 75% health. It saved on health packs a bit, but I still did it many times over the course of the day. My PX is 166 5/5/3.

It boils down to luck. If you can get those match-5s or she doesn't get enough black and red (and you can get some of her strikes on your side,) you can win. Otherwise it's basically impossible.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a post in the November updates thread about this, but Invisible Woman is supposed to be the DDQ in 15 days. If fixed Invisibility is not going to be ready by R113, it would be a good idea to delay her Crash until the fix is available.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somehow beat it with my 1 3 3 PX...pure luck. Boosted blue and purple, critical tile boosts, and match damage for one of his not colors. She got off ballet of death once but kept her from firing it and somehow no use of her black power and she got off double cross twice but only after she clear my strike tiles so none of her own were made. Got to five matches...but yeah all luck involved. Most nerve racking battle I think I've ever fought in game.

did get a black bolt green from it though...every token from this fight should reward a 5 star.