When did Elektra get this good?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Has she always been an invisible character killer, or have random bugs just messed up today's Clash?

While I'm finding it kind of impossible (more down to poor luck in denying colours) it gives the character an interesting niche.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugs. Invisibility only works on match damage since the latest patch -- all damage-dealing powers ignore it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I was very let down to find out that all her powers killed my invisible guy. Fortunately I was able to deny red and black (and allow purple), but man it made it particularly nasty for no reason.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man... I'm going to give it a try with my underleveled Prof (for winfinite).

Here's hoping I get a whole lot of Match 5's...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:

That is how I just won on my 3rd try. 3 match 5s in a row to start the match.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    She just hit me with match damage as well. I wait weeks as a player trying to transition to finally get a four star crash I can do and now this. I'm losing the will to carry on with this.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad it's not just me.

The last run of Prof X, I earned the token within a couple tries. That was 3 covers and 80 levels less than what I've got now.

This morning I spent 10 health packs healing Prof X for retries. A 2/3/4 lv 188 build ought to be viable, right? I simply couldn't get there. Denying 2 colors and sharing a third to entice a victory condition is dependent on the board. 10 tries, couldn't get there.

I'll try again after work, but I'm not optimistic.

Or maybe I won't. This game hasn't been much fun lately. Feels like work.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got there in the end using all my health packs. Then it dropped me a green venom. My last 7 4* covers have all been on the one colour of a character I have 5 of. When you consider I only have two max 4*s that quite a feat.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:

It is of course possible with Luck. I just finished it with my lvl. 70 Prof X.

Mind you he's 5/5/2, so that helps. But I still did it. I was pretty pissed however to find her Black hit me through the Invis. I think IW is also going to be straight up terrifyingly hard as well. Better have her champed if you want the token against that 4k damage for 6 greenflag.png you can no longer ever avoid.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I won almost entirely on match damage, but I was able to become invisible early. I then did my best to deny black and red, and tried to set up purple matches for her to fire off one (and only one) Double Double Cross. If this happens while you're invisible, the round becomes infinitely easier. She did manage to get Shadow Step off and invisibility did not protect against it, but I managed to live through three traps and kill her via her own strike tiles.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs really need to acknowledge this first thing in the morning. It is a shame they are located in the west coast, probably too late for any asian player :S
  • Combatmage
    Combatmage Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    It's sad that you can only win by luck. maybe they will hook us up for the bug.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Even with a champed prof X this was tough, I can only imagine how bad it would be with an under leveled prof especially if you don't have many blue covers.

I only managed to beat her on my third try when I lucked into a board that started with a match 5 that cascaded into two more match 5's.
  • Polares
    spiderpool wrote:
    Even with a champed prof X this was tough, I can only imagine how bad it would be with an under leveled prof especially if you don't have many blue covers.

I only managed to beat her on my third try when I lucked into a board that started with a match 5 that cascaded into two more match 5's.

I managed to beat her too in the fifth try when I got a couple of match5s. Basically, people need some (3+) blue covers (mine is 5/3/5 level 217) and being lucky with the board to get two match5s (one is not enough). Even champed ProfXs need the match5s.

So, annoying getting super close the other times, but she always managed to get a lucky match4 giving her the AP needed to cast shadow step or ballet of death, or even stealing my tiles, etc. even though I was controlling all her red/black possible matches.

How long has been invisibility bugged? They had to know that this was going to be a mess.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's possible to beat her with invisibility-boosted strike tiles, but much more difficult that usual. If she manages to cast both black and red it's practically a death sentence, but my champed Xavier was able to tank through two uses of Shadow Step and finally kill her.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    The last time this came around, I had a decent but not great X, and invisibility carried me to a win. (One of my first wins in the DDQ Special, actually.)

Now, I have a much better 229 4/2/5 X, and he's getting slaughtered.

Great game design, guys.
  • With my 106 2/5/5, it took 7 tries, I believe. Still a colossal pain in the ****.

Scored me a 5* Hulk cover, so not bad.
  • Polares
    It's possible to beat her with invisibility-boosted strike tiles, but much more difficult that usual. If she manages to cast both black and red it's practically a death sentence, but my champed Xavier was able to tank through two uses of Shadow Step and finally kill her.

I almost managed to beat her like that twice, but the problem is that both Shadow Step and Ballet are not that expensive ( Ballet is just 8 and Shadow just 10 ), and the AI ALWAYS manages to get lucky matches in the color it needs (tiles falling from out of the board, lucky match 4s that match 2 or more of the color she needs in the line, etc, etc.), so really really hard to deny in a match as long as this one (where you basically kill the enemy with match damage).

So, either you get very lucky with match5s or you get very lucky denying black and red, and getting invis while letting Elektra cast just one purple.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well this is just stupid. To have a bugged version of the character so even if you have a championed version of PX, you still need to get lucky to win.

They'd better just give everyone the Legendary token for this one and call it a day.

I hope everyone who was saying "shhhhh!" whenever someone talked about Elektra's bug are happy now.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    This is just insanely stupid. I'm really getting worn down by all the nonsense in this game lately.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Well this is just stupid. To have a bugged version of the character so even if you have a championed version of PX, you still need to get lucky to win.

They'd better just give everyone the Legendary token for this one and call it a day.
    Yeah. That's what they should do.

What they would realistically do, is hand out maybe a pair of Tacos.

What they will likely do, is nothing at all.

My X is hardly great, 3/3/0, but with the Invisibility this is one of the relatively few Clashes I can reliably win. I forget if I won it last time. Maybe. But today? Thanks for playing, buy health packs.