Orb of Agamotto vault

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talk about money grabs... do you guys play MtgPQ? Yikes! Money Grab City. Selling "Exclusive" single cards as if they were actually real collectible Magic The Gathering playing cards you can resell... no thanks!

After playing that game, I come back to MPQ with a bit more perspective of how tame they are being with their outrageous pricing structures in comparison.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the dev team is trying to teach/encourage regular players to buy HP to get all the contents of each vault. Meaning, most players don't spend a ton of money to buy HP and get every item in a vault, but when the vault is small and the cost to get everything is lower, regular players may try it, even though it's a bad deal.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2016
    bbigler wrote:
    I think the dev team is trying to teach/encourage regular players to buy HP to get all the contents of each vault. Meaning, most players don't spend a ton of money to buy HP and get every item in a vault, but when the vault is small and the cost to get everything is lower, regular players may try it, even though it's a bad deal.

The small special event vaults are far and away a better deal though. They had a positive expected return for nearly every player. Halloween and Cap's 75th for example. Anniversary Vault too even though it was much larger. These have a large negative. If these are representative of vaults to come, they can forget about me spending another dime on this game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Everyone gets a free token, so then you have a 2 out of 9 chance (22%) of getting a 4 or better.
    2 out of 9? Where does the second chance come from?
    If you don't get the token or the 4* cover on your free pull, there are 9 rewards left. Two of those rewards are a 4* cover and a LT.

Not sure how that answers my question...

"Everyone gets a free token, so then you have a 2 out of 9"
    How does 1 'free' token = 2 out of 9?
    Is there a second 'free' token cause to me that's 1 out of 9 (11% chance)
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Everyone gets a free token, so then you have a 2 out of 9 chance (22%) of getting a 4 or better.
    If you don't get the token or the 4* cover on your free pull, there are 9 rewards left. Two of those rewards are a 4* cover and a LT.

It's 1/5 chance in getting a 4* from 1 token. Which tbf is pretty good odds.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or $25 dollars for two 4 stars assuming you have no HP when these vaults launched. $75 for 6.

I think the vault would have at more vault if the tokens had daily deals or been reasonably priced at 200 HP.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Well, price is not the main issue. Main problem is that 50% of rewards is 500ISO... 500 ISO that can be obtained from one node in PvE.
    Speaking about 500 ISO, guess what i got from 2nd vault as the first (and the only) "reward"? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    for my one pull, I was so fortunate to pull one of the 500 ISOs. how exciting and rewarding.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    500 ISO.

Wheee.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    500 ISO

tumblr_ldhmpxfOVP1qa1bu8.gif

Much reward
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Okay "Free" is bad wording. Everyone EARNS a token from beating a subchapter.

so there are 10 items in the vault. assuming like everyone is crying about the only valuable prizes are the LT and the 4 star cover.

so you have a 2 in 10 shot (Or 20% chance) to earn a "Good" prize with your 1 Earned token. if you get one of the good prizes Huzzah!

if you dont and get a **** prize there are now only 9 possible options, 2 of them are still the "good" prize

at that point you can choose to "Gamble" 300 HP on a 2 in 9 chance of getting a good prize. its called Gamble because you are attempting to win a prize randomly out of 9, not straight out Buying it. That is where the "Gambling" aspect comes into play.

sure its a video game, but we arent talking about the video game match 3 aspect of it. we are talking about whether or not a 20% chance at a good prize is worth gambling 300 HP on.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Okay "Free" is bad wording. Everyone EARNS a token from beating a subchapter.

so there are 10 items in the vault. assuming like everyone is crying about the only valuable prizes are the LT and the 4 star cover.

so you have a 2 in 10 shot (Or 20% chance) to earn a "Good" prize with your 1 Earned token. if you get one of the good prizes Huzzah!

if you dont and get a **** prize there are now only 9 possible options, 2 of them are still the "good" prize

at that point you can choose to "Gamble" 300 HP on a 2 in 9 chance of getting a good prize. its called Gamble because you are attempting to win a prize randomly out of 9, not straight out Buying it. That is where the "Gambling" aspect comes into play.

sure its a video game, but we arent talking about the video game match 3 aspect of it. we are talking about whether or not a 20% chance at a good prize is worth gambling 300 HP on.

That's if each prize is weighted identically. Are they? I really don't know but I wouldn't be shocked to find out ISO is weighted more than top 2 prizes are. Then it's 75% 6/9 12.5% 1/9 7.5% 1/9 5% 1/9 5% 1/9 or something similar right?
  • smkspy
    It's 350hp not 300. Stop trying to make it sound less than it is. At 350 jos, might as well be 500 hps.

And yeah, considering the devs love to make ridiculous pull rates for different rewards, I highly doubt this is a truly fair 2 out of 9.
  • smkspy
    veny wrote:
    Well, price is not the main issue. Main problem is that 50% of rewards is 500ISO... 500 ISO that can be obtained from one node in PvE.
    Speaking about 500 ISO, guess what i got from 2nd vault as the first (and the only) "reward"? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Price is the issue when the tokens cost 350 HPs. If they were 200, then getting 500 iso might not sting so much, but for over a third the cost of a roster spot. No 4 star or LT is worth that imo.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:
    nyck1118 wrote:

Odds. The odds are 2 out of 9. The number of pulls is 1 + however many you buy.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    What is this free token? I did not get one.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    kobu wrote:
    The small special event vaults are far and away a better deal though. They had a positive expected return for nearly every player. Halloween and Cap's 75th for example. Anniversary Vault too even though it was much larger. These have a large negative. If these are representative of vaults to come, they can forget about me spending another dime on this game.

Wasn't the 40 for these buy something like 4k HP? Makes the 3K for 9 seem way out of line.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you finish a sub, you should get a token for the corresponding vault.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perspective: Daily pull is 100HP. Subsequent single pulls are 400HP. Not saying that it's a good deal, but you got a free token for a vault that doesn't give you 2 star covers to sell for 250 ISO. You get at least 500 ISO (I got 1000 ISO from the first since the Sactum booby prized me an Elektra blackflag.png that I can't use.) You can spend 3000 (instant 200 refund for an effective cost of 2800) to clear for 5500 ISO, a cover for the first new Rare in over a year, a Legendary (not always useful, so 6500 ISO) and the special LT (7500 ISO?). Hope to not get bad Legendarys, but it's a risk. Or spend 350 a piece and hope the top 4 prizes drop before everything else. Or don't pull more from it. But it's a better chance at the cover you want than 1/80.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    It's all about how much HP can you afford to spend whether you make it in game or through purchases.

My event token gave me the three star Strange cover. Next I pulled 3000 iso, then a green Moon Knight. 700 HP made in game for a needed Moon Knight and 3000 iso is a good deal.

In fact, I think 3000 HP for the entire vault is a terrific deal if you consider that a single four star cover of your choice used to cost 2,500 HP.