Guesses for Next Rebalance

Options

Comments

• RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mr. F or IW are the most obvious ones. They're both really bad.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We've made it two cycles without any nerfs. I don't see how we escape one more.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I doubt they'll be buffing any 5*s. Cap might suck, but until the tier is more developed (and some actual Team Cap 5*s happen) it's impossible to really judge how viable he'll be going forward.

Silver Surfer was in the first round of buffs under the new approach so I'm not following your logic that they won't be buffing in the 5* tier when the only evidence we have directly contradicts that and suggest they are very happy to buff in the 5* tier.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    I doubt they'll be buffing any 5*s. Cap might suck, but until the tier is more developed (and some actual Team Cap 5*s happen) it's impossible to really judge how viable he'll be going forward.

Silver Surfer was in the first round of buffs under the new approach so I'm not following your logic that they won't be buffing in the 5* tier when the only evidence we have directly contradicts that and suggest they are very happy to buff in the 5* tier.

Not to mention the fact that many uber whales are unhappy about money spent on weaker 5*s. Demi is, for obvious and very rational reasons, somewhat more responsive to the concerns of the biggest spenders.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Spider-Man is a strong candidate in my mind, since he is such a high-profile Marvel character. Offense is key in this game, so I can't imagine his usage statistics are very good.
    I'm thinking Ragnarok may get buffed at some point in the next year, even if the character does not actually appear in Thor: Ragnarok.
    Mr. Fantastic clearly needs to be buffed, but I would assume he is way down the priority list, if he's even on it.

I also wish they would figure out a way to "fix" powers that reduce the length of friendly countdown tiles such as Hood's black and FalCap's blue. Although they work fine most of the time, there are more and more friendly countdown tiles out there that you actually want to keep on the board. And please don't tell me I should team those characters up with Bag-Man for his yellow. icon_e_wink.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler wrote:
    Here are my recommendations (I would rather improve bad characters than nerf good ones):

Invisible Woman - change Blue power to Stun and Special Tile removal; make Green hit hard and destroy all purple tiles
    The green is the real problem. Over-costed for its conditional damage effect. Very over-costed for the effect when conditions aren't met. Damage doesn't necessarily have to change, but the cost does.
    Elektra - increase Shadow Step damage by 50%
    Purple is too limited by tile type and needs the change more than black does.
    The Hood - increase health by 25%
    NO! You do not want Hood to be harder to kill!
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Elektra trap should have some passive effect; maybe some kind of utility instead of damage, and probably a make it switch between modes.

So ballet of death stays the same, except when you cast it is becomes a new power "The Next Dance". Make that power passive and have some effects such as "if trap tile is destroyed by an enemy, steal X enemy AP (strongest colour? Red?); if it is destroyed by an ally, return X Red AP. If there are no Ballet trap tiles, this ability becomes Ballet of Death".
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    We know they are coming for Iceman, OML and Rhulk it's just a matter of when. What I'd like to see them do is give Human Torch a boost and promote him from 3* to 4*. Psylocke, Punisher, Mr. Fantastic are all pretty terrible. Elektra has her uses but nobody really likes or uses her outside of required instances. Sentry is utter trash and I think Wasp is probably pretty bad though mine is poop house so maybe she gets a ton better when covered and leveled. The dreaded X-Force Wolvie that they gelded could use a retouch. Power creep has left him in the dust but he is decent when boosted. I know I'm always happy to see him in PvP because I chew him up pretty easily when he is on defense.

Surprised not many others mention Wasp. With her low health, her yellow should cost 6 AP at most to get any use (maybe less even). I think actually a champed Mr Fantastic is more 'scary' than Wasp. At least there is some synergy between his powers (Wasp's own ap drain should be lowered). She does very little damage, but that would be OK if how her power works/ap cost was tweaked a little and her health pool was buffed.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Changes I'd like to see:

3* Spider-Man - It's almost inexcusable that Marvel's flagship character is so damn useless. I love JHawkInc's suggestion that his purple should do something when an opponent makes a match. Maybe a protect tile when the AI matches and a strike tile when you do. Next, drop the weak team healing and give him a good damaging yellow. I think it should function like the opposite of 4* Venom's yellow. It hits hard, but removes special tiles.

3* Punisher - The tier's power creep really weakened him, but with some simple fixes he'd be fine. His green is great, but it needs to be targetable. I shouldn't have to worry about taking out the strike tiles I already created. His black needs a big damage boost while removing the countdown, but not the attack tiles. Decent AoE and creates 2 or 3 attack tiles. Then his green and black work off each other better. His red is fine as is.

Psylocke - She's pretty fun, but she's weak and has one of the most useless powers in the game. Buff her red and black by quite a bit and they'd be fine as they're designed. Her blue needs an overhaul though. I'd like to see her use a skill that wasn't in the game when she was created, an invisible tile. She's supposed to be a ninja anyway. Either make her blue create an invisible title and that while this title is out she steals 1 random AP a turn.

Colossus - Man, I don't know. I've never once gotten excited to use him and often forget he's around. His red needs a huge buff and maybe a stun. And maybe give his black the ability to select which power gets used at the cost of an extra turn airborne. Or his yellow having a passive similar to the Thing's yellow when no yellow countdown is on the board. I really have no idea. I think the devs hit the right traits with the character, but none seem to work well or stand out.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me there are three obvious URGENT candidates, one in each layer.

3 Spidey, 4 Reed and 5 Cap.

There are a lot more that need some tweaking but those are very popular/important chars that are not that useful (or just plain bad in some cases).

PS: I also agree Wasp is terrible. But she is very new so I doubt they are going to rework her so soon.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rebalance, not sure but why is there no 4-star torch when the other FF Members are 4

(technically Bag Man is an FF member, so....)
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wait, what about rebalancing Yelena Belova and Bag Man and putting them back into token drops?
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A little more targeting (3* Pun, Colossus) would be nice.
    IW doesn't need much: her greenflag.png at 10 or 11 and one targeted forcefield.png if there isn't one before the damage would be perfect.
    Elektra doesn't need a rework but a real fix for her blackflag.png because she's dealing her damage way too late, especially since her last "fix". Maybe her purpleflag.png could go down to 6 AP.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    bbigler wrote:
    Here are my recommendations (I would rather improve bad characters than nerf good ones):

Invisible Woman - change Blue power to Stun and Special Tile removal; make Green hit hard and destroy all purple tiles
    The green is the real problem. Over-costed for its conditional damage effect. Very over-costed for the effect when conditions aren't met. Damage doesn't necessarily have to change, but the cost does.
    Elektra - increase Shadow Step damage by 50%
    Purple is too limited by tile type and needs the change more than black does.
    The Hood - increase health by 25%
    NO! You do not want Hood to be harder to kill!

The Hood is my favorite character, I just wish he didn't die so easily when I use him. As for IW, I was intending her green power to no longer by conditional on locked tiles. Elektra's purple power can be useful against characters that put down strike tiles, like Blade, Daken, OML, etc.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think Reed deserves all the h8. No, he's not a damage powerhouse, but he is actually not half bad as a support character. I think the only change he really needs is to make it easier to trigger the bonus green AP on his passive, since currently his only real partner for it is Thing - Invisible Woman is awful, and Torch will get chewed up in the 4* end of the pool. Maybe make it always give 1 green AP, with more for each FF member, or always give green AP if you currently have X yellow.

Invisible Woman may have already been tweaked but she desperately needs another. Currently she needs to collect 18 AP to do any damage, and green's effect when no bubbles are out is hysterically worthless - instead of creating random locked tiles (seriously who came up with this) it should create some beefy protects - would be more useful and also thematically make sense, since she frequently shields her allies with her force fields. Yellow is fine, though it would make more sense if you could choose its target as well.

Elektra could also use a tweak to her purple since it's currently highly situational, and not even that good for those situations. She's another one that gets more hate than she deserves, though - I think red and black are pretty good as-is.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    I don't think Reed deserves all the h8. No, he's not a damage powerhouse, but he is actually not half bad as a support characte.

I disagree. He deserves the scorn and is pretty clearly the weakest 4*.

His yellow is decent healing. But not as good as x23, which works in a similar fashion but doesnt require friendly special tiles. Its still the best thing about him, and gives him some fun partners than can make him almost immortal.

His blue is a decent stun. But in a tier with peggy, iceman and 4* thor it just isnt good. There is basically no reason to use fantastic for his stun because there are much better blue stuns.

His black is wretched. Too expensive, too fragile. Not enough damage.

There is a reason that even champed fantastics struggle with his crash (unlike almost any other 4*) he is just weak relative to his peers.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elektra's black is good, but her red relies on having friendly strike tiles to up the damage, and she can't easily create those tiles on her own.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    As many have already said 3* Spider-Man is long over due for a buff. Change his yellow from the Web healing to Web sling shot. Spider man uses his webbing to catapult himself at the enemy, does damage and deals extra damage for each Web tile on the board.

4* buff invisible woman please.

5* cap
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wish they would make xfw healing a passive ability like his 3* and 5* version.

I doubt d3 makes any changes to the 3* tier since they have fully committed to the 4* tier and up but I do wish they would do something with 3* spidey and colossus.

My guess would be Mr F and possibly Spider Gwen.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Changes I'd like to see:

3* Spider-Man - It's almost inexcusable that Marvel's flagship character is so damn useless. I love JHawkInc's suggestion that his purple should do something when an opponent makes a match. Maybe a protect tile when the AI matches and a strike tile when you do. Next, drop the weak team healing and give him a good damaging yellow. I think it should function like the opposite of 4* Venom's yellow. It hits hard, but removes special tiles.

3* Punisher - The tier's power creep really weakened him, but with some simple fixes he'd be fine. His green is great, but it needs to be targetable. I shouldn't have to worry about taking out the strike tiles I already created. His black needs a big damage boost while removing the countdown, but not the attack tiles. Decent AoE and creates 2 or 3 attack tiles. Then his green and black work off each other better. His red is fine as is.

Psylocke - She's pretty fun, but she's weak and has one of the most useless powers in the game. Buff her red and black by quite a bit and they'd be fine as they're designed. Her blue needs an overhaul though. I'd like to see her use a skill that wasn't in the game when she was created, an invisible tile. She's supposed to be a ninja anyway. Either make her blue create an invisible title and that while this title is out she steals 1 random AP a turn.

Colossus - Man, I don't know. I've never once gotten excited to use him and often forget he's around. His red needs a huge buff and maybe a stun. And maybe give his black the ability to select which power gets used at the cost of an extra turn airborne. Or his yellow having a passive similar to the Thing's yellow when no yellow countdown is on the board. I really have no idea. I think the devs hit the right traits with the character, but none seem to work well or stand out.

Psylocke is not that bad. Her black power is great for a low cost. Her red is expensive, but reduces with strike tiles; if it didn't limit at 3 strikes, then it would be better. Her Blue power to steal is not useless, I've used it and feared it. By the way, invisibility tiles have been around since the beginning of the game. It started with Invisible Woman.