Who's still angry about Boss Rush?

13»

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was never mad in the first place. Surprised? Not really. Disappointed? Now there's an appropriate term. A fine idea, like many of the anniversary events, but victimized by several of the long-standing issues plaguing those of us at the high end of the game.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not mad. How can anyone be mad at facing an enemy that oneshots your entire team in the first turn half the time, and kills you within three turns the rest of the time?

More of omgwtfbbq, literally bbq for my poor roster. icon_lol.gif I tried to write a Halloween story about it but fell asleep and was too late to post.

Call it morbidly hilarious, in retrospect. I miss the cp and iso and other loot I normally get from pve, but that's probably just some skip tax worth and an extra Mr Fantastic aka Mr 1k Iso. icon_cool.gif

Looking foward to the next new event!

Also, combined arms was the most awesome thing in mpq since Civil War (1/2, not so much the stingy BW run).
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I was disappointed, and I decided not to play once I realized that it wasn't a cooperative alliance event after all. I wasn't angry. I hope they'll make it cooperative before they re-run it.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cleared Round 4 and played some PvP

I'm over it
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone proudly "over it" are we it's going to happen again <.<

It already happened again!

This was the Dev team learning nothing from the second Anniversary!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Everyone proudly "over it" are we it's going to happen again <.<

It already happened again!

This was the Dev team learning nothing from the second Anniversary!

What? No, they did learn! I could beat Galactus 1 and reach full progression, and my alliance cleared all rounds! This anniversary I wiped every match on round 8
    They definitely got the "you're supposed to lose" part right this time. icon_lol.gif
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    well done. 3 pages already. 37 more to go. delete it and there will be a part 3. progress
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Gari wrote:
    Hands up who will quit boss rush from now on. Hands up who will quit MPQ. After 40 pages of garbage no one put their money where their mouth is

I quit the game. I did exactly what I said I would. It's been a good decision.

After the season, I checked out. I resigned from my alliance and haven't played a single match.

I check the forums and the game every so often to see if anything happened after this debacle. Any decent company would have issued some sort of apology for that abomination. I wasn't really expecting one, but past events have had some form of compensation for server issues, strange behavior, what have you. The lack of anything has been surprising and telling.

A company that knew what it was doing would have already issued an apology, given at least a Peggy cover out to everyone, and probably more just to restore goodwill. That would at least have been a decent band-aid, giving the impression that someone cared, at least for the moment, even if things later returned to the status quo.

Instead, we got a whole lot less. Do I miss the game? Yeah, sure. Who wouldn't? Would I come back? Depends. I haven't seen anything that would make me want to, and I am not talking about compensation.

I have no long-term faith in a company who can't recognize that what it did was egregiously bad...again...and that the problems are deeper than one misguided event.

I was there for Galactus. I was there for the original run of Ultron. Then there was this quote, almost one year ago:
    Anyone who quits over this: I do not begrudge you anything. This is an event that will put people off the game, and I expect those people will find a more fun game elsewhere.

Yeah, nothing's changed, no lessons learned, except to make it even less fun. Why would I stick around for next time?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Wasn't as angry after boss rush, more annoyed since I couldn't get all the Peggy covers. After EotS, possibly being short of CP even after clearing5 and 6 wave nodes more than 4 times, I'm exasperated. A serious disconnect with your pve player base in 2 out of the last 4 events.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Nope that is already in the past. I might be angry again the next time it runs.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    I have a champed 4* roster, and for me the only thing wrong with Boss Rush was the incredibly overpowered Phoenix boss. When I saw she was the first boss of Round 8, I just quit and never looked back.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My rage had finally subsided then the devs break their silence to admit that they didn't test it, still refuse to apologize for releasing a sub par product. Insulting.

References:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55185
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55185&start=40#p603258
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    My rage had finally subsided then the devs break their silence to admit that they didn't test it, still refuse to apologize for releasing a sub par product. Insulting.

References:

Slick way to bump your thread! Like it. My post is a speed bump for ya!
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:

References:

It was a pretty basic thing to over look (testing the boss' in waves) but at least they have admitted a mistake and are taking steps to fix it (basic testing procedures).
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:

References:

I'm only angry because if they tested it properly I would have a championed Peggy now.
    I'm one cover short. I want compensating for someone not doing his or her job properly.

Can you imagine making a car and selling it to the dealer wiithout testing that it's works correctly? Heads would role !!
    Come onnnnn, compensation.

I want boss rush 2 the fully tested version with weaker bosses just after Christmas with 5* covers for completing level 6, 7 and 8.

It won't break the game.