Who's still angry about Boss Rush?

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm still pretty angry, wanted to see how others feel.

Please try to keep it civil so this doesn't get deleted.

Thx.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss rush is so five minutes ago. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Let it go.
  • Utterly pointless, thread will be closed. End result is i'm saving money icon_e_smile.gif
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Im not angry, it just sucked ****.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cleared R7 in Boss Rush, got 2 Peggy covers and champoined her. Sure the fight mechanics in R7/8 sucked but I got what I needed
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hated Galactus last year then they fixed it. I am sure the same will be done for Boss Rush. I was pissed about it at first but then I figured I would just take 3-days off to spend time with my family. Laying off the grind always feels good than dying repeatedly.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    My state of mind regarding the game might be greatly influenced by how the new Strange event, and new 5 addition is resolved by Devs (are each 5 in classic go under 2%?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! making covering them even harder).

Boss Rush was a disaster and SCL8 is disappointing, still no solution for the 4 -> 5 transition and no colorless covers (at least for 5s). I hope Strange event will bring a bit of light to the game, because lately everything has been quite disappointing.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I cleared R7 in Boss Rush, got 2 Peggy covers and champoined her. Sure the fight mechanics in R7/8 sucked but I got what I needed

I was the same. I cleared R7, despite each battle taking around 30 minutes and losing / crashing numerous fights. I could've actually probably cleared R8 at the very end, but I was too tired, so I went to sleep.

I didn't win the Peggy Yellow from R8. I didn't win the next Peggy Yellow from the next event's vault. But then I won a Peggy Yellow from the subsequent event progression rewards. So now she is championed, and all is well. Such is the way of life at mpq. You can't always win every prize for every event, but eventually, you will win stuff and make a bit of progression.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I'm angry.

I expect Doctor Strange to be just as terrible, as they've proven they refuse to learn from previous lessons and STILL won't release an official statement on why we supposed to be lose this time.

One apology. One postgame breakdown, explain what happened and why (and what you will do different next time). Then I would have been happy.

But they're too busy making sure the next event fails just as hard.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm trying to think of a situation where I'd let anything in a video game fester for more than an hour or so. Drawing a blank.

I can't fathom still seething over an event that ended over two weeks ago. Then again, there're people still seething over the XForce nerf and true healing, so.. <shrug emoji>
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not Angry, just still disappointed. A little irritated at still not having a Peggy yellowflag.png due to the spectacularly failed execution of an interesting concept.

Left with little hope for the Dr. Strange event.

Would like some reassurance of what they learned from Boss Rush so that we can gain confidence that it won't be repeated with the Dr. Strange event.

As of right now, I expect to be wholly disappointed in the Dr. Strange event, mainly because I expect to be scaled out of it based on past new events, and I expect to not receive the Dr. Strange Cover as a reward.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Same here. As **** as it was, it was nice that the rewards weren't stellar. I didn't feel any pressure to hit max progression, and I was able to safely quit without my alliance suffering.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I was never mad in the first place.

I tapped out at the end of level 5 when the going got stupidly tough.

Btw, what happened to my post"
    I'd rather play Boss Rush".?

It's vanished into nothingness
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think "angry" is the right word, since once I got to Round 4 I realized how bad it was and immediately went "well, this sucks and we're not going to get compensated for it."

It's just disheartening to know that any time we get a new, interesting event, it's going to be so ludicrously overscaled that the novelty is overshadowed by the misery of actually playing it.
  • broll

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54124#p592339
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Boss Rush will be actively ignored, threads locked/deleted/moved away until people forget.

With enough time... This too shall pass.

kubler_ross_change_curve.jpg
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Wait, what rules did that other post violate? I mean, clearly THIS thread is flamebating and will be locked and/or deleted but I missed which rules were violated in the other thread.
  • broll
    madsalad wrote:
    Wait, what rules did that other post violate? I mean, clearly THIS thread is flamebating and will be locked and/or deleted but I missed which rules were violated in the other thread.

There was a second post in that thread by a mod after it was closed that has since been deleted. It listed in fractions such as someone trying to bypass the language filter, a direct personal attack, and it was devolving into a flame war. Or something like that.

I was annoyed that it was deleted instead of locked and explained and flew off the handle. My bad there. I will try and play nice.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not so much mad about Boss Rush at this point, as much as I am mad that they considered "we acknowledge your feedback" to be an adequate response to the issue. Sure they'll tweak and fix the event, and next time around won't be that bad, might even be fun (see: first runs of Galactus). But their response to the playerbase being upset was to basically turn the lights off and go home and hope we would forget about it, and that's just not acceptable. I mean, they haven't even put forth the bare minimum level of **** you'd expect from any other game developer out there, you know? Much less a meaningful response. And they JUST did that Gwenpool/Anniversary video, which threw back the curtain and revealed that they were real (and maybe even likable!) people, which just makes the silence all the more infuriating.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54124#p592339

I'm offended, how did that post violate anything. It's was a post from the heart.
    Violated,..I haven't violated anything in my entire life.
    ....well not since my teenage years.
  • broll

I'm offended, how was did that post violate anything. It's was a post from the heart.
    Violated,..I haven't violated anything in my entire life.
    ....well not since my teenage years.

I don't think you violated anything, posts that followed did. Which is also why it annoyed me. I'd have rather them censor the offending posts and lock the thread vs hide it all together. But what's done is done.