Heroic 10-pack fail

13»

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Those 4*s will take years to champ. Sad but true.
    Nooooooo!! Say it ain’t so! Say it ain’t so!

Okay… well how long until a 4* is usable?

Same as a 3*. You're probably looking around 10 covers, at least, until they're partially usable, plus the levels required too. Your 3*s are going to be the backbone of your roster for a long time. Less than 10 covers, you're better off not investing resources into them.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I just got done telling my Alliance mates that this was the WORST season 10 pack I have ever opened. 8 2*s and 2 3*s. 5 of the 2*s were Magneto. I don't recall ever pulling a 4* from my season 10 pack. Every season I get my hopes up thinking this is the season I finally get something great only to be terrifically disappointed. Meh.
  • BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I ended up with 7 2*, 2 3* (Deadpool, Daken), and a 4* (Fury). Definitely not the best I've drawn, but way better than a 10 2* pack from a few seasons back so I'm happy enough. Since I hit the 2k in the Simulator to get my 4k season; I can just dabble in PvP the rest of the season which is nice since I normally prefer PvE.
  • morph3us wrote:
    Those 4*s will take years to champ. Sad but true.
    Nooooooo!! Say it ain’t so! Say it ain’t so!

Okay… well how long until a 4* is usable?

Same as a 3*. You're probably looking around 10 covers, at least, until they're partially usable, plus the levels required too. Your 3*s are going to be the backbone of your roster for a long time. Less than 10 covers, you're better off not investing resources into them.
    Thanks. What about a boosted 4* with 6 covers built at 2/2/2? Would that make it equal to a 3*?
    Just save up 2* covers, and standard/elite/heroic tokens for 2 weeks, and then, right before the oldest 2*s in your queues are about to expire, sell the maxchamped 2*s you can start rebuilding from your queue. If you can get your queue mostly cleared, open tokens to refill it and keep working that queue.
    Thanks for all your advice, aesthetocyst. I will start a 2* farm. I just have one question about your above comment you made a while back. What was the purpose of this waiting 2 weeks before opening tokens as opposed to just opening them when I get them? When I buy my next roster slot, can I open the hoarded standard-heroic tokens then?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Thanks. What about a boosted 4* with 6 covers built at 2/2/2? Would that make it equal to a 3*?

Nope. A fully covered 3* is still better. 4*s are very, very cover dependent. The 4th or 5th cover in an ability usually provides a significant boost in damage or utility. A 5/1/0 4* may be very useful situationally (in PvE for instance), but a 2/2/2 4*, even boosted, is generally going to be significantly weaker than a levelled and fully covered 3*.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    morph3us wrote:

Nope. A fully covered 3* is still better. 4*s are very, very cover dependent. The 4th or 5th cover in an ability usually provides a significant boost in damage or utility. A 5/1/0 4* may be very useful situationally (in PvE for instance), but a 2/2/2 4*, even boosted, is generally going to be significantly weaker than a levelled and fully covered 3*.

My 4 star cyclops is 2/3/2. Using him in the essential node, i am taking people's word that he gets better, because even with him being boosted, he stinks.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    4*s are very, very cover dependent. The 4th or 5th cover in an ability usually provides a significant boost in damage or utility.
    My 4 star cyclops is 2/3/2. Using him in the essential node, i am taking people's word that he gets better, because even with him being boosted, he stinks.
    Cyclops is one of the best examples of what morph3us was describing. If you look at other players' rosters from the leaderboards, you can see the damage values of Cyclops at higher levels.

He will get better with covers and he is quite versatile than people would champion him and change his build depending on who else is in the team. 5/5/3, 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 are all good with Cyclops, which is quite rare for a character. It does take a bit of thinking to utilise his powers, but once he gets going, his damage output is really high.
    . Yeah. I've seen how good he is when fully covered. I wanted to use that to illustrate that point. I mean, my 207 2 star human torch is way better than a half covered 4 star cyclops at level 232.