Heroic 10-pack fail

richterbelmont10
richterbelmont10 Posts: 186
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Was excited to open my Heroic 10-pack! And I got:

***drum roll***

-Seven 2* covers
-Three 3* covers (Doom, Torch, someone else)
-ZERO 4* covers

Thanks for getting me excited for nothing. The 3* were champed so I think I got maybe a couple thousand ISO and some HP. The 2* are mostly garbage as I don't collect them anymore. If I recall, my last two 10-packs were similar garbage. Can we make it so that we are guaranteed one single 4* cover? Is that too much to ask? icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Alaszun
    Alaszun Posts: 68
    You're guaranteed a single cover in the 40 packs.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Absolutely nothing fail about getting 7 2*s.

You should be collecting 2*s to champion and sell
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    If that was your first 10-pack that didn't have a 4*, consider yourself lucky. I've been on the receiving end of many of those. Heck, I've gotten all 2*s on more than one occasion.

Which isn't to say that I don't agree with you. When I had a 2-3* roster, the 10-pack was great. Now that I'm on the 4* tier, the 10-pack is a disappointment more often than not. Maybe at SCL7 they should start offering an LT or 2 instead of a 10-pack?

And sure, if you have a 2* farm, it ameliorates the disappointment somewhat. But a few 2* champ rwds are small comfort.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker

***drum roll***

-Seven 2* covers
    -ZERO 4* covers

Thanks for getting me excited for nothing. The 3* were champed so I think I got maybe a couple thousand ISO and some HP. The 2* are mostly garbage as I don't collect them anymore. If I recall, my last two 10-packs were similar garbage. Can we make it so that we are guaranteed one single 4* cover? Is that too much to ask? icon_cry.gif

My 10-Pack was a 3* Captain Marvel and a bunch of 2*'s. That's right, 1 gold cover. Move on.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    irwando wrote:

***drum roll***

-Seven 2* covers
    -ZERO 4* covers

My 10-Pack was a 3* Captain Marvel and a bunch of 2*'s. That's right, 1 gold cover. Move on.

Same, I just got one 3 star and 0 4 stars this 10 pack. Don't really need them like I used to for 4 stars anyhow.
  • Back in my day, we used to have to get up out of bed three hours before we went to sleep, grind 2hr 22mins nodes until our brains turned to mush, work beta testing for d3 AND pay Demiurge to do it and when we got home, we'd be crushed in a cascade of pink/purple tiles unleashed by 1 star Venom before he ate us.

But you wouldn't hear any complaints about it.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    three 3* covers seems generous. Congratulations on your luck!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    kidicarus wrote:

Except not everyone has the spare roster slots to do that.

2*s are very much a fail when you're trying to transition to 4*.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    A 10 pack without a 4* is already a fail? Come back and complain about failed 10 packs only when you get 10 2*s from a 10 pack like I did last season. Nothing beats that for horrible.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    My season 10 pack hasn't had a 4* since April and even then it was one I had to sell. Three 3* is pretty good, sadly.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    If I recall correctly, I just opened 10 2* with the most recent 10-pack in this season.

Edit: I'm not whining btw, just a statement, even 4* makes no difference since end game is only about 5* anyway.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    kidicarus wrote:

Except not everyone has the spare roster slots to do that.

2*s are very much a fail when you're trying to transition to 4*.

That is very much a defeatist attitude. Championing 2*s allows you to earn 3*s which in turn will lead to 4*s. you also earn xp, cp, iso and hp.

My philosophy is if you're playing for the long game, roster everything. If you don't have the roster slots then you should consider buying them. For 2*s You don't need spare slots since there's no real competitive advantage from starting a new 2*- just sell and reuse those roster slots.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    That one time where I had stockpiled 3 heroic 10-packs, and pulled about 29 2*s from them and 1 3*... I came close to ragequitting that day icon_eek.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    (and that was before championing..)
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I got 10 2* in the pack... That's the real fail !
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker

***drum roll***

-Seven 2* covers
    -ZERO 4* covers

But this is not bad pull... 3x 3*'s out of 10 is not bad.
    And you wasn't really expecting 4* in 10-pack, was you? icon_razz.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

***drum roll***

-Seven 2* covers
    -ZERO 4* covers

Yes.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I wish I was as lucky as you. I haven't had enought time to play, and my season score is not even 2000 yet. I wish we had short seasons more often. During the anniversary, I got my pack (more importantly, a vault! pack) under a week. That pack also gave me several 4stars and 2900 HP.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    My last two 10 packs have been all 2s, and 9 2s and one 3, so consider yourself lucky.

The chances of winning 3s and 4s need to improve dramatically, now that we have Elite tokens. I don't know what are Devs waiting...

40+ 4s already and the chance is still just around 5% !!!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    You gotta champ-farm your 2*s. There's no reason not to.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    You gotta champ-farm your 2*s. There's no reason not to.

Oh but there is, of course there is a reason, maybe not in the long run, but it is not as simple as you make it sound. You see, iso is not infinite, so as long as it is not, there is a clear reason that may prevent someone from champ-farm 2s (other people might not have enough HP).

As an example, when XP and Ranks were released I decided to champ-farm my 2s, until then I thought the iso cost was not worth championing them, as iso is the most precious resource right now, but with the extra XP you get when farming them I changed my mind. But in all this time I have just managed to start with 3 of them (and 2 of them were 2s I sold to start again). I have all of them covered, just waiting for the 70k iso I need to champ each one of them. You see, the problem is that there is always someone with more priority. A 4 char with a cover that will expire in 13 days, a 3 I got 4 covers, and now some 5 I can bring to an usable level (and that is 450k iso!!!). Rewards are much better in 4 land, then in 3 land then in 2 land, so 2s are the ones with less priority. If I champ my 2s I might not champ a 4, etc, etc. I am close to champ all my 3s, but there are still plenty of 4s I could champ (now I have to add to the list Chulk and Starlord icon_razz.gif).

So yeah, 2s are worth championing, but sometimes you can't.