Facebook

13»

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    cuviper wrote:
    Do you all have the Facebook app installed?

I did not have Facebook on my tablet, which has been fine for a long time. I don't remember how it went when I activated FB in MPQ before, whether I had the app then or just got some in-game browser to authenticate.

Anyway, I tried installing Facebook just now, and when I opened MPQ it popped up FB to log in, and everything works!

Then I uninstalled FB again, killed MPQ to start it anew, and it still says it's linked. I guess it just needed to update its authorization token or something...

Does it reload backup from facebook then removing all recent rewards gotten?

edit: nvm worked flawlessly thanks for info!
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Not only did installing the app fix my save issue, it allowed me to receive a Facebook gift from a alliance member for the first time ever. Wish they would make it clear that you need the Facebook app installed. Thanks for figuring this out!
  • dgsawyer
    dgsawyer Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Have not been able to send or receive facebook gifts since the 10/28 update. After reading the horror stories of "backup to facebook" I'm not going to try that!

When it attempts to login to facebook, it just acts like all is well, but I'm not prompted with users. I have tried disconnecting from facebook.com but it didn't help.
    -Dave
  • Splurch
    Splurch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I'm still getting the "Unable to connect to Facebook at this time. Please try again later."

Any word on when this is going to get fixed? I'm getting nervous about losing a month+ worth of progress at this point.
  • Same here, since the update on 10/28 nothing from Facebook has gone through. Can't even log in through the game, but with the huge Facebook update a lot of my games have had this issue. Guess they (Facebook) are pushing the game room too hard.
  • Same here and it also had messed up my savegame on Facebook so after I allowed the Facebook app on Android, I could save, but then it downloaded the game from Facebook rather than saving my game to Facebook, so basicly, several payments and ytears of activity gone. Have started a ticket but really disapointed. They should make their own account or go Google Play instead.