Facebook

Schlagen13
Schlagen13 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
It's anyone else not able to log into Facebook?

Comments

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Yes.

I just submitted a ticket.

The problem seemed to start after today's update.
  • Schlagen13
    Schlagen13 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Also sent ticket. My wife's also has the same issue.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Also cannot connect to Facebook. Been 2 days now. Can't send or receive gifts.
  • iorq83
    iorq83 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Same for me :/
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Same here gonna send ticket too
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is down across the board. I generally play on two devices (my tablet when I have wifi, my phone when I don't.) I'm a bit nervous using the phone since I encountered the issue when I was playing on my tablet. I mean, I probably won't lose everything I've done over the weekend, but it's possible I will, and that would suck heartily.

So I'm taking it easy for today and seeing where this goes.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is down across the board. I generally play on two devices (my tablet when I have wifi, my phone when I don't.) I'm a bit nervous using the phone since I encountered the issue when I was playing on my tablet. I mean, I probably won't lose everything I've done over the weekend, but it's possible I will, and that would suck heartily.

It can't sync if it can't connect to Facebook, so you will definitely have issues.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:

It can't sync if it can't connect to Facebook, so you will definitely have issues.

I read over the FAQ this afternoon and it does imply that it requires the Facebook connection to sync to multiple devices - thanks for giving me more info. :\

That is full of suck. I wish I had been playing it with my phone when this issue started.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I can connect to facebook for syncing, but I can not send or receive gifts
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    My two devices have had no trouble synching even though neither can log in. I'm guessing the log in is only necessary to set up synching in the first place. Now that it's running, it doesn't seem to be an issue.
  • EaglesLB
    EaglesLB Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Please be careful, everyone. I had noticed the "Unable to log in to Facebook" notice last week, and after playing despite it a couple of days, I decided to check my Facebook account to see if there was something wrong there (like I wasn't logged in, or something - I don't use FB at all otherwise). It seemed like nothing was wrong there. I restarted my phone, cleared cache, cleared data, tried again. The game restarted like a new install, but I figured that wouldn't be a problem, because I would restore my saved game from FB.

Well, you can guess what happened. Instead of giving the option to load an earlier save, choosing to save to FB saved the progress in the new game, which is obviously not a good thing. I don't know if my prior saved game is recoverable. To make matters worse, I actually found an instance of MPQ on my iPad that I hadn't played on in months that, after updating the game version, seemed intact. I should have just kept playing on that until this got figured out, but NOOOOO, I tried to back up the iPad game to FB, which overrode the iPad with the FB saved new game, and so now I have a phone and iPad with a FB save of a new useless account.

I'm hoping that Customer Support will give me good news, but this was late 10/27/16 when this happened, and I've missed a lot of events since then. I'm not the biggest spender, or the longest player, but I do enjoy this game a lot.

SO, my advice is... DON'T play around with your Facebook saves. If your game is playing properly, keep playing it. If CS can't help me, I'm facing the real prospect of losing my 5-6 months progress in game, along with the purchases, etc. because I was worried I wasn't having my game saved properly.

Good matching to you all,
    EaglesLB
  • Crnch73
    I have a new twist, though not as bad as Eagles...

I play over 3 devices. Normally, I only use 2 of these, one being an old Iphone only hooked up to wifi. The other being my tablet on wifi, used at home. My third device, my everyday phone, is only used if I am in a place with no wifi and need to use cellular data.

Last night, playing EotS, earned 2 tokens. Used the tokens, got the LT from the EotS vault, super exciting. Force closed the app, went home. Played on the tablet, everything looks fine. Got up to around 68k progression, as my only goal is to really hit 70k so I am playing it easy. Force closed the app on the tablet

Woke up, went to play on my phone this morning, and I still have the 2 EotS tokens and no LT. Force close, reload, same thing. I refuse to spend the EotS tokens again, because I will probably not get the LT and then I will lose all proof I ever had it. So, I force close again, open the app up on the other device. On this device, I have the LT, 5k less ISO (probably the ISO I earned playing EotS on the tablet last night), 50 less HP. I checked on EotS progression. Though I am still at 68k, it shows I have yet to be awarded the progression prizes for the 60k and 65k.... weird

So basically, if I play, it will be on this device only until its fixed (unless the tablet at home is up to date as well, who knows). I want to keep the LT, and I have until 5pm EST tomorrow to make 1.9k progression on the final sub of EoTS to get the yellow 4Cycl cover I want. Hopefully they fix this by then. I will be basically taking screen shots of everything, because I am guessing once I earn the 4Cyc cover, it will somehow disappear but my progression will stay above 70k, so I won't be able to re-earn it. Luckily, once applied, there is no way to remove a cover from a character, so screen shots would be pretty good proof.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Also have this problem, no acknowledgement yet?
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I can log in and send gifts but it's not syncing progress across PVE, I have not played PVP in a while (busy with school).
  • Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Same here. Sent a ticket about 36 hrs ago, but still no reply.
  • Crnch73
    Same here. Sent a ticket about 36 hrs ago, but still no reply.

been over 55 hours for me, still no response... I decided to say "tinykitty this" and just played on the most up-to-date device I had, coping with the loss of whatever ISO/HP/covers, and moved along.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I am having the same issue. There is currently no way to login to facebook normally from the game, and the settings on how they appear on facebook are not what they should be according the games help files. There are no boxes to check.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    8 days now and counting. I did have a CS email telling me it was fixed on Thursday. IT ISN'T **** FIXED!
  • Same issue here. When loading up or attempting to save backup using Facebook I'm presented with a 'Disconnect' or 'Continue' choice. I've been hesitant to.attempt the 'Disconnect' option. Anyone else try that yet?
  • Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    RoboDuck wrote:
    8 days now and counting. I did have a CS email telling me it was fixed on Thursday. IT ISN'T tinykitty FIXED!

Same reply sent to me, but the result doesn't change. The issue is still there...