Patch Notes - R112 (10/26/16)

Comments

• Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Seems to have introduced the automatically assigning team ups when the boost slots are empty again before you select a boost or keeping the one assigned but not used.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Mattjimf wrote:
    Seems to have introduced the automatically assigning team ups when the boost slots are empty again before you select a boost or keeping the one assigned but not used.

Yeah, I noticed this too. It Is really annoying!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please revert to previous icon animation for opening the Vault, the new way is really lame / worse

PS: This is a clear case of trying to fix something that was already ok, with something that is much worse. Why?!?!?!
    Mattjimf wrote:

Yeah, I noticed this too. It Is really annoying!

True. I also noticed this too.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the icon scroll is removed, why is the special vault opening screen even used. Please just get rid of the necessity to tap the pulsing vault entirely and let it open.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I can understand the removal of the scrolling icon because it suggested that there was some element of skill involved in choosing the reward (there wasn't), but if a higher power has decreed that the vault animation is still an essential part of the the game (it isn't) then just show an animation of the vault doors opening instead of the pulsating light that needs to be tapped.

Also, Chrono_Tata is correct - Cho's black power has gone into hiatus.

The IM40 update is a welcome improvement. Now please do the same for Captain Marvel. I'm pretty sure she would absorb all the attack energy at once, it doesn't really make any sense to show it as instalments. We can discuss Hawkeye's "speed" shot another day...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dark Nova wrote:
    The IM40 update is a welcome improvement. Now please do the same for Captain Marvel. I'm pretty sure she would absorb all the attack energy at once, it doesn't really make any sense to show it as instalments. We can discuss Hawkeye's "speed" shot another day...

IM40's Recharge is still slow if there is another CD trigger inbetween (e.g. Loki), so it's Recharge banner, next recharge is quick, then Loki's CD, then Recharge banner again.. it's not perfect but slight improvement.

I would also like to see Human Torch's green CD to be quicker and/or not trigger when I have 0 Green AP. It's like trying to start a car that has no gas in it, it's not going to run so stop trying to start it.

I also hate the T/U auto default. I might as well choose the three T/Us I want since the pre-auto ones are defaulted which is useless. I liked the random T/Us, even if some of them were useless for a particular match but that's my own fault (e.g. Loki black against non-special tile enemies).

I agree on the Vault, just get rid of the entire animation altogether! I am already pressing the Taco, why must I press again? It looks boring now.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    At 1st I was slightly concerned that the difficulty indicator was removed then realised, as pointed out, it really had no accurate representation, like the amount if times that it was labelled easy when in actual fact it's a pain on the backside to even scrape through.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another bug from this patch has been from Ant-Mans purple. It is not placing attack tiles with the trap out. I use him in DPDQ for survival nodes and after getting his trap tile out I was not getting any attack tile.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    HaiKulture wrote:
    I miss the icon scroll in the vaults. icon_e_sad.gif

How am I supposed to shake my fist at the Iso icon and then get doubly mocked when the Iso card opens.

HOW??!?

The Taco Truck will never be the same... icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

me too i also miss it. i dont like what they did too it i hope they chance it back
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Cn confirm IM40's Recharge was fixed somewhat but

it

is

still

too

slow.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    an1979 wrote:
    Cn confirm IM40's Recharge was fixed somewhat but

it

is

still

too

slow.

All they did was limit the banner to the first countdown resolve, I don't think it's actually any faster.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    How? Can? You? Not? Provide? An? Update? That? Doesn't? Have? A? Bug?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Order of operations is STILL BUGGED!

Facebook friends are STILL ERASED!!!

Facebook friends STILL DO NOT SAVE!!!!!

No Missions Available still happens, Accessing SHIELD Servers still happens, phone clock still does not match event end and beginning timing, Dr Strange team ups are being used by the AI over 10 days before players can access him, etc etc etc.

Lord........
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've said it before and I'll probably say it again after 113: Demiurge really needs to abandon the agile development model. It's obviously, blatantly not working.
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I can see a possibility of why the vault animation was changed, from a programmer viewpoint it's prolly one of those "do it quickly and get back to more time sensitive, or bigger stuff"
    Having to match up the animations to the vault content, and to your pull is prolly more expensive in terms of the needed than they wished. This way the vault content can just be a jpg and not the more likely objects they may have been before. With a single gif you don't even have to change it now.

Just a thought
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate that you brought covers back with fb gifts. It's nice to have my cover queue full, and it helps with my iso needs! Thanks again.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Magere wrote:
    I can see a possibility of why the vault animation was changed, from a programmer viewpoint it's prolly one of those "do it quickly and get back to more time sensitive, or bigger stuff"
    Having to match up the animations to the vault content, and to your pull is prolly more expensive in terms of the needed than they wished. This way the vault content can just be a jpg and not the more likely objects they may have been before. With a single gif you don't even have to change it now.

Just a thought
    I think it's more likely that they removed it because the animation led some players to believe that you can time what you get from the vault by opening at the correct time, when actually the reward is completely random. Without the animation at least it's not misleading.
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Magere wrote:

Just a thought
    I think it's more likely that they removed it because the animation led some players to believe that you can time what you get from the vault by opening at the correct time, when actually the reward is completely random. Without the animation at least it's not misleading.

No, I've done it.... when you hit the vault it takes all of the items and put them in one order it goes through that order twice so if you remember where the first one is you can get an idea of where your target is.
    At least it seemed that way to me
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I appreciate that you brought covers back with fb gifts. It's nice to have my cover queue full, and it helps with my iso needs! Thanks again.
    Except they completely broke Facebook functionality.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Magere wrote:
    Magere wrote:

Just a thought

No, I've done it.... when you hit the vault it takes all of the items and put them in one order it goes through that order twice so if you remember where the first one is you can get an idea of where your target is.
    At least it seemed that way to me

Yeah, it was possible to count out the order & if you timed it right, land on what you wanted the 2nd or 3rd time thru.

Never bothered doing it on Taco vaults (300 is too many to count), but on the rare 21 or 41 item vaults it was fairly easy.

My assumption is that too many people figured this out & too many good rewards were coming out of vaults for free.