Patch Notes - R112 (10/26/16)

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- When redeeming a Vault token, the icon on the Vault no longer cycles animations between available pulls.

So....how am I supposed to time the prize I want now??

I finally figured out the pattern and now you nerf it!? Typical.

Are you serious or joking? There was never any timing involved... the prize was the same, no matter when you tapped. It was just graphics, not functional.

That's just propaganda used by d3 to suppress the masses from discovering secret prize pattern.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    waywreth wrote:
    Some kind of notification on the difference between missions would be helpful - I use the "trival" indicator as an easy to see what order I want to do nodes in. Removing it make it harder to figure out in the non-linear missions.

Even "easier" for the first 3 missions and the 2* (we can argue if that one is actually easier...) vs "challenging" for the rest of the missions would be helpful. A "final" mission for the mission with the CP would also be nice.

Excellent idea. Color-code what kind of scaling each fight has, and the player can generally figure out based on past experience how tough it will actually be in practice.

Ugh. No color-coding, please - those of us with forms of colorblindness will be grateful.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    xdogg wrote:
    The Dr. is coming!
    Dr. Who?
    We already have Starlord.

For difficulty, just color code the nodes based on enemy level. New color after every 100 levels.

I repeat: no color-coding, please - those of us with forms of colorblindness will be grateful.
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- When redeeming a Vault token, the icon on the Vault no longer cycles animations between available pulls.

Are you serious or joking? There was never any timing involved... the prize was the same, no matter when you tapped. It was just graphics, not functional.

That's just propaganda used by d3 to suppress the masses from discovering secret prize pattern.

It seemed to me when you hit open, the order the entire vaultt got set to whatever order it shows as it scrolls thru, if you watch it go through once, you will know where your target is, hit it 3 before your target and usually get what you want
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    xdogg wrote:
    The Dr. is coming!
    Dr. Who?
    We already have Starlord.

For difficulty, just color code the nodes based on enemy level. New color after every 100 levels.
    They were already color coded when you opened them...

Gray was trivial, Green was easy, Yellow was Normal, Red was Hard, and Black was Deadly... right?

Actual coloring the nodes like they do the Essentials would be confusing because they are already coded for other reasons... Red = Essentials, Loaner = Yellow, Repeatable = Blue, etc...
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    don't like the difficulty indicator being removed. someone else already mentioned it, but I also use that to figure out the play order of the missions (I am a little OCD about playing the easier missions first).
  • waywreth wrote:
    Some kind of notification on the difference between missions would be helpful - I use the "trival" indicator as an easy to see what order I want to do nodes in. Removing it make it harder to figure out in the non-linear missions.

Even "easier" for the first 3 missions and the 2* (we can argue if that one is actually easier...) vs "challenging" for the rest of the missions would be helpful. A "final" mission for the mission with the CP would also be nice.

Excellent idea. Color-code what kind of scaling each fight has, and the player can generally figure out based on past experience how tough it will actually be in practice.

Ugh. No color-coding, please - those of us with forms of colorblindness will be grateful.

purpletile.png That pesky Purple/Pink color-blindness.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Thanks god, finally Juggs lv.300 don't troll me more with the green legend EASY on his nodes icon_rolleyes.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, didn't mean it should ONLY be colors. Grey-Green-Yellow-Red always made for a good shorthand, though. (I doubt Demiurge would do that regardless, every other aspect of the game is very good about colorblind accessibility.)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure why devs want feedback on difficulty? Isn't it set up to be a certain rarity proportionate to one's scaling, anyway? (i.e. first three nodes and 2* essential node are super easy to easy, 4th node and 3* essential node are medium difficulty and last two nodes and 4* essential node are moderately difficult to challenging. This setup doesn't fluctuate so a variable difficulty indicator is moot.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    don't like the difficulty indicator being removed. someone else already mentioned it, but I also use that to figure out the play order of the missions (I am a little OCD about playing the easier missions first).

Just look at the level of the enemies you're fighting. For non-essential nodes the points go up as the fights get harder.
  • I was hoping this patch would have contained some form of mea culpa for the Boss Rush debacle.
  • Nah a mea culpa for boss rush would mean that they admit they screwed up...
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    xdogg wrote:
    The Dr. is coming!
    Dr. Who?
    I don't think the Purple Man will come this far after Jessica Jones unfortunately.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    xdogg wrote:
    The Dr. is coming!
    Dr. Who?

Horrible.

0WGYgoZ.jpg
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    It seemed to me when you hit open, the order the entire vaultt got set to whatever order it shows as it scrolls thru, if you watch it go through once, you will know where your target is, hit it 3 before your target and usually get what you want[/quote]

Sorry magere, but I have to disagree.
    It happened to me only one time on July2015 when I successful got a ProfX blue.....since then NEVER succeded again. I think that something has changed because (recently) I tried to count the covers...I wanted am Iceman cover that was 3 covers after a Legendary token. So I hit the LT and when the other covers scrolled down I got....a Legendary Token! icon_e_biggrin.gif

So, in my opinion, The Vault is just like any other : RNG rules!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!

"- Changed the sound that plays when gaining XP."

The game has sound?

Spoiler: turned it off when installed, never turned it back on, and never will.

Well, if ScarJo starts talking when I do good, that could persuade me.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    "David wrote:

Yep. They said the same thing about Press Your Luck.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    - Changed the sound that plays when gaining XP.

This game has sound effects? Will try this after the update.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    That list sounds really great, but with ALL THAT STUFF, just imagine how much else is going to get broken?

Also, I am glad that they have now admitted that the 1*s were not getting sent with haven, since MANY PEOPLE, customer service included, told me that I was just making that up!

There are still a lot of problems with Facebook though, including having to approve the same friends over and over again.

Also, what is going to be done about the people who lost out on all of their gifts the past few months?

Also what is going to be done about the Steam players who never get gifts, and were happy that the mobile players Facebook gifting was broken?

Also, FIX THE ORDER OF OPERATIONS, AGAIN!