Old Man Logan Black again?!?!

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Jee what a problem to have.

You must live such a tough life. I don't know how you manage to survive.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    TheXMan wrote:
    However, not rotating through the colors goes against the norm.

Given how difficult it is to pull any specific 5* color, you would think they would make the daily rewards as broad/evenly distributed as possible.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    It doesn't matter what colour the cover is, people will be unhappy about it. Nothing is going to work for everyone unless they institute colourless covers.

That said, it seems weird that they put two of the same colour in as usually they rotate colours.

You're probably right but i think they gave a million of Devil Dino redflag.png too. As long as there's no neutral covers, colors for rewards and gifts should rotate.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily drop should be like Dino after three years - you should get all three colors of any given 4*/5* before the next 4*/5* is released.

But it's pretty obvious three years of play isn't given any "loyalty bonus", since it can be three years of light play I guess. Still...D3...if someone logs onto your game DAILY for even two years...your marketing will be spread all over, to their family and friends. Imagine if they start raving about what great things happen for that loyal play times!

Daily drops past two years should have much faster 4*/5* covers in them.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    My OML is at 5,4,1. I already had to sell off 1 black cover and I'll be getting the day 1095 cover in 4 more days and will probably have to sell that one too. If they don't want to institute colourless covers then why not remove the expiration from them?
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    JohnLegend wrote:
    It doesn't matter what colour the cover is, people will be unhappy about it. Nothing is going to work for everyone unless they institute colourless covers.

That said, it seems weird that they put two of the same colour in as usually they rotate colours.

It's not weird at all. It's a kick in the teeth cause they know the value of that cover. As I said in my last post it's a pretty telling example of what D3 thinks of it's customer base.

Their contempt stems from all of the whining and b%#^$&%^ on these forums
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm about to win a 6th oml black for my login reward, so yay.... 2000 iso.
  • It doesn't matter what colour the cover is, people will be unhappy about it. Nothing is going to work for everyone unless they institute colourless covers.

That is simply just not true.

If all covers were created equal, then yeah. Sure. Maybe?

But OML yellow can take you from the 2* tier to the 4* tier by itself. So no, I don't think people would be unhappy to get it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

You're probably right but i think they gave a million of Devil Dino redflag.png too. As long as there's no neutral covers, colors for rewards and gifts should rotate.

I can confirm that I won around 10 Dino reds during anniversay. Most of them would have been sold if I hadn't won a Dino purple at literally my penultimate anniversary token draw, the day after anniversary ended.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    What's the deal? The OP is getting a 7th cover! 345-360 is a huge jump in potency; even without any yellow he'll be a force to be reckoned with. To that end, Black is his most exciting power. Without it, he can't transform and has no active powers. He's a pile of meat. I won't deny Yellow is pretty potent for climbing and grinding but, either way you slice it, it's a free 5 star cover.

Coming from a viewpoint of "ensure this player has a fully usable character", rotating through them makes sense. The 3 XFW covers that drop from day 149-180, for example: "A 6-month player should have 3 powers in a 4 at the very least." But I don't think that's the viewpoint for OML Black.

If instead, you look at it from a perspective of "A 3-year player has probably pulled at least 1 of each OML cover", giving out two blacks is actually maybe better than two different colors. It gets us closer to that hot 5 black, which generates 4 tiles (harder to remove or deal with completely), representing basically the only improvement any of his powers give beyond "10% bigger numbers".
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    So, when should it rotate if they choose to give out any more OML as daily rewards? Should the next Phoenix be green and the next Blacksuit also be blue?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    OK, all I need now is either yellowflag.png or redflag.png then I'm OK. If I get any more blackflag.png I'm forced to sell for iso8.png
  • TheXMan
    Sure would like an explanation from them on this. The latest 3 Dino covers were one of each color like normal.
  • TheXMan
    Apparently they finally switched this to yellow. It will certainly make people mad that missed it already but it makes sense to rotate through the colors.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheXMan wrote:
    Apparently they finally switched this to yellow. It will certainly make people mad that missed it already but it makes sense to rotate through the colors.

I'm sure I'll be thrilled in 2 years when I get to this point. icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than being somewhat inconvenient for some, I don't get the outrage.

Outrage is unnecessary, but that doesnt change thr fact that demi should give out different colors if they give out mulitple covers. That's what they did for 3* and 4*s in the daily rewards. Changing that pattern only for 5*s doesnt look good and is not at all player-friendly.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Here's the perfect solution for this. Turn on your phone. Uninstall the game. Problem solved. If they are going to be so stingy with the yellow cover, let's tell them what we think of that.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheXMan wrote:

Can anyone confirm this? I'll be hitting the second OML cover in a couple of months and yellow is the only colour I need (obviously). Mine is currently at 3/0/1.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, they changed this. Far too late to fix it for me, but I am glad those coming after me will have it.

Someday, my OML will be usable. Someday.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Well, as RNGesus can attest, it is simply a matter of luck. I am welcoming the next OML blackflag.png . I just cashed in 120 CP and one of the covers was OML redflag.png making mine 1/4/4.