Old Man Logan Black again?!?!

Nellobee
Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
For anniversary 3, they are giving us oml black again instead of yellow? Whiskey tango tiny kittens?!

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    You get 2 5 stars in 5 days. They don't have to give us anything.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Op is correct. If they are going to give out multiple 5* covers, they should give out multiple colors.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 5 blacks and reds for oml, and just 1 yellow. So I'm not super excited winning more oml blacks at my ~930 and ~1030 day logins...
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    This has to be a mistake right?

What possible explanation would there be for not rotating through the colors?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheXMan wrote:

Because maybe some people still need that colour?

My Phoenix has been 2/5/5 for over 6 months, I managed to pull _one_ green for her from tokens, the other one was the daily resupply.
    Another green would finish her, and it's increasingly likely that I won't pull that, ever.
    So I'd be ecstatic to get another green in daily resupply.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Clearly I missed something. Where is this oml black coming from?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily resupply day 1095.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Daily resupply day 1095.

Thanks Bow!

Just one more reason they should go with colorless covers that can be applied where needed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just one more reason they should go with colorless covers that can be applied where needed.
    Eh, I guess it's easier for the devs to just let us keep ragging on people who complain that they have to sell 5* covers they can't use.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't matter what colour the cover is, people will be unhappy about it. Nothing is going to work for everyone unless they institute colourless covers.

That said, it seems weird that they put two of the same colour in as usually they rotate colours.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really should have colorless cover types at the 5* and 4* levels. As a practical matter it solves and opens up a variety of CS and vault options.

For example
    1. someone has an game issue that is worthy of a lost cover. Just send them a colorless version and let them make the final decision.
    2. Maybe give a colorless version of a cover as a "slightly" higher value cover.
    3. insert a colorless version as the bonus cover or at a various prog rank to speed up transition or enhance value of a win.

Just replace the color with the gray TU icon and offer a 4th of color!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice. My Peggy is 5/2/5, with 2 blues sitting in queue. I'm sorry that I didn't have the energy to do 40 more minutes of boss fighting (ie 2 battles) to win the final yellow. So I guess the 2 blues will go to waste, and I won't be able to champion her for a long time. Cest Lavey (sic).
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I have still not gotten a single OML cover, so I'll take whatever they're willing to give me.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    TheXMan wrote:

Because maybe some people still need that colour?

My Phoenix has been 2/5/5 for over 6 months, I managed to pull _one_ green for her from tokens, the other one was the daily resupply.
    Another green would finish her, and it's increasingly likely that I won't pull that, ever.
    So I'd be ecstatic to get another green in daily resupply.

No offence meant but you've already had a chance at that colour in a past resupply so why would this answer justify why they are cycling the same color again? I've got 3 red and 3 black for OML and have not had an opportunity at a yellow yet so I tend to think that recycling the black cover again is a pretty cheesy move. If 1095 days played isn't enough to earn a yellow cover then that's a pretty telling example of what D3 thinks of its customers.
  • It doesn't matter what colour the cover is, people will be unhappy about it. Nothing is going to work for everyone unless they institute colourless covers.

That said, it seems weird that they put two of the same colour in as usually they rotate colours.

It's not weird at all. It's a kick in the teeth cause they know the value of that cover. As I said in my last post it's a pretty telling example of what D3 thinks of it's customer base.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I really want to see an answer to this. Of course there are going to be some people that need another black and this will make those people happy. However, not rotating through the colors goes against the norm.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Not that I'm complaining but I too would like to know why they chose a certain cover colour. I'd always assumed that they'll give out the 1st colour 1st before the 2nd & 3rd.
  • Can we get a red name comment on this?
  • Mr_Sinister
    Other than being somewhat inconvenient for some, I don't get the outrage.
  • Hell, with draw rates being what they are, I'll take what I can get.