What do you think of the release of new 3 star characters?

13»

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I would like them to release 3* as often as they wanted to, provided they are villains to give more variety to story mode. The lack of villains in this game is astonishing.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Calnexin wrote:
    2* Cyclops?

Eh?!?!?!? There's a 2* Cyclops coming?

2* cyclops was never announced. Was in the game files in the spring of 2015. Was apparently aborted, or a misdirection.
    Not necessarily aborted. Most likely that he was upgraded from the rumored 2* to the 4* Cyclops that we actually got. Pretty sure the datamines had the Classic tag and ability names from early on, but the way the abilities worked were modified and upgraded before he finally released as a 4*.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see more 1*s, 2*s and 3*s.. those who don't, don't roster them...

would just be nice opening a (easily and often acquired) standard token and seeing a fresh new character every so often even if its a 1 or 2 star...

remember how excited everybody was when they announced the 1* Spidey and 2* Cyclops?

I was excited just pulling 2* Bulleye's new 3rd green power when it was released just cause it was something different
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Except for Bagman, I have every 2, 3, 4, 5 ☆ character rostered. No reason to skip a new 3☆

humblebrag-600x369.jpg
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    For those who will whale the next 3 star character released: Will you try to get it's first three covers and then spend part of your CP stash on the rest, or will you be buying 40 packs of the event in which the character is featured?

If I whale the character, I suppose I would do the first, as HP is much more limited to me than CP.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depending on how good he is, I'd be tempted to spend the CP on him. 20/cover isn't bad. At least when SCL events are running. I don't care about 5*, I've decided for sure that I'm outta here before Anniversary IV, and I may as well get one more max character on the roster before retirement.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:
    2* Cyclops?

Eh?!?!?!? There's a 2* Cyclops coming?

2* cyclops was never announced. Was in the game files in the spring of 2015. Was apparently aborted, or a misdirection.
    Not necessarily aborted. Most likely that he was upgraded from the rumored 2* to the 4* Cyclops that we actually got. Pretty sure the datamines had the Classic tag and ability names from early on, but the way the abilities worked were modified and upgraded before he finally released as a 4*.

thats exactly what happened... according to IceIX

I was excited just pulling 2* Bulleye's new 3rd green power when it was released just cause it was something different

I'd like see all characters have 3 powers (even if the new powers creates low level strike tiles with strength of 5)... I think its about time they update that
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd like see all characters have 3 powers (even if the new powers creates low level strike tiles with strength of 5)... I think its about time they update that

Unless the devs nerf Juggernaunt's current powers then I do not want to see him with a 3rd power. I am also fine with our repeated enemy 1* Dark Avengers Venom and Yelena staying at 2 powers. Also, 1* Hawkeye, Black Widow are too squishy for even new players to use so a 3rd power wouldn't help them much.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    babinro wrote:
    Fact: New characters need to be pumped out continuously as it seems to be the primary source of revenue to keep MPQ alive.
    Player Fact: Players have been frustrated with the rate of 4*'s and 5* releases.
    Conclusion: 3* is less ISO to champion and it fulfills the need to launch new characters. Sounds pretty good to me.

One interesting thing to note is that D3 can push the boundaries of 3* characters releases now that we have 5* tier in the game. Look at IM40's buff and tell me that would make a balanced character back when we only had 3* tier gameplay. There's just no way. Yet in the current state of the game IM40 is allowed to exist because higher tiers negate how blatantly overpowered his yellow skill is for the cost.

3* Strange can push the limits for the same reasons and be designed as someone whose potentially desirable for 4* tier or maybe even 5* tier players in PvE.

If he's made into just another generic damage dealer like Psylocke then that's clearly a wasted effort IMO.

I think Bewilder was supposed to be her stand out ability because utterly destroying the biggest AP pot was something different. It just sadly doesn't play well icon_neutral.gif

She's got a cheap Attack Tile ability and can go nuts spamming Red, so she's a great Strike tile multiplier who can TU well for OML (possibly even go with him while boosted).

It's a pity she is just boring since her splash ability turned out "meh".
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    If clearance levels are going to be a thing then it makes sense to add more two and three star characters so all the casual players can actually develop a large roster to play and compete in their tier.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    good and bad. I'm not crazy about a 3* release because i'll roster him and most likely never use him unless he's support along the lines of im40, witch, or hood. I guess its good that its a release that won't cost as much iso, but the problem is it will definitely cost the iso. unless he's a joke character that doesn't get put into ddq, essentials and tokens (highly doubtful he'll be a joke character), the 180K it will take to champ him will be required when I get covers. I'd much rather have half a 4* than a fully champed 3. but champ rewards are champ rewards and I have the 40 completed. so i'll champ 41 too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I would like them to release 3* as often as they wanted to, provided they are villains to give more variety to story mode. The lack of villains in this game is astonishing.

I don't think it is especially remarkable. Marvel has weak rogues' galleries almost across the board. As a company, they seem to have a hard time taking time off from their heroes to develop compelling villains.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

I don't think it is especially remarkable. Marvel has weak rogues' galleries almost across the board. As a company, they seem to have a hard time taking time off from their heroes to develop compelling villains.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true.

Spider-Man is one of THE biggest superhero brands and a lot of his rogue's gallery is known.

Galactus, Venom, Doctors Doom and Octopus, Magneto, Loki, and probably pretty soon Thanos thanks to the movieverse are all pretty stand out villains most people would know.

DC isn't especially superior here when all that will really get named are a fraction of Batman's (admittedly awesome) rogue's gallery and Lex Luthor on top.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three stars are no longer difficult to obtain or relevant for me, so I'll get him and roster him and champ him. I'm just a little surprised that they're going the 3* route. Whatever.