Pvp : combined arms

13»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying this one. I just recently champed a handful of 4*, though. If I didn't have those to play with, I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much.

I'm currently running Thor/IM40/Bullseye. No active purple, but Bullseye's green and black are actually helpful. I also played with Hulkbuster and Elektra as the 4* - don't remember who I paired them with, but it wasn't as fast.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    chamber44 wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    Surprised that everyone is forgetting 4clops/IM or KP/SW. Single target damage is on point since the health is so uneven across tiers. Bobby and rhulk are kind of a waste of time.
    that's crazy talk.

Rulk/IM40/Cstorm

1. match 6 yellow
    2. cast recharge
    3. match green or purple while waiting for the countdowns to resolve
    4. smash entire team
    5. stun with Storm's blue if anyone is left standing

if your match takes longer than about 50 seconds, you're doing it wrong.

That was the team I used first.
    But I prefered Iceman in place of Rhulk, because many 4* were at 35/40K health and the Rhulk's wrath was not enough to down them. At least, Iceman can then build a snowman and punch it for 16k more damages.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    Surprised that everyone is forgetting 4clops/IM or KP/SW. Single target damage is on point since the health is so uneven across tiers. Bobby and rhulk are kind of a waste of time.
    that's crazy talk.

Rulk/IM40/Cstorm

1. match 6 yellow
    2. cast recharge
    4. smash entire team

But I prefered Iceman in place of Rhulk, because many 4* were at 35/40K health and the Rhulk's wrath was not enough to down them. At least, Iceman can then build a snowman and punch it for 16k more damages.
    I would love to participate in that, but Bobby (and Jean) are my 4* unicorns. only have 8 covers between them (but i'm drowning in IW and Cho)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Finally, a pvp where people are both fighting largely on equal footing and don't need to slog through giant health pools!

It's all I ever wanted.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally, a pvp where people are both fighting largely on equal footing and don't need to slog through giant health pools!

It's all I ever wanted.
    This is how I am feeling. I normally fight 2 championed 5* or close to it each PVP. Since I farm my 2* I currently have none at 144. This has made my mmr much nicer this event. I climbed over 600 without seeing any of the top people I normally see. I have also been able to rotate teams to play and climb. This has actually been a fun event for a change.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    chamber44 wrote:
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    that's crazy talk.

Rulk/IM40/Cstorm

1. match 6 yellow
    2. cast recharge
    4. smash entire team

I would love to participate in that, but Bobby (and Jean) are my 4* unicorns. only have 8 covers between them (but i'm drowning in IW and Cho)

I know what you feel, my TeenJean is 9/0/4...
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I have almost nothing in the 4* tier which limits me, but what worked really well for me so far is 2* storm, 3* Iron Man and Kingpin. Kingpin's purple feeds Iron Mans Yellow, IM's Yellow feeds Storms Blue and Green, while storms blue stuns and does decent damage while her green feeds everything else. It's been pretty much nothing but easy wins so far.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Anyone know how defensive teams are working? Last team used? I've used a lot of different combos, but I want to leave my Rulk out on D.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Dear Demiurge, you are forgiven for Boss Rush, the 5* tier, rng progression and questionable beards.

This new and improved Combined Arms is my favourite event ever now! Not a 5* to be seen, huuuuuuge variety of matches of various strengths, and I'm taking the opportunity to take my crazy roster out for walkies. I don't even care if I can reach Peggy or the last cp progression.

So far I have used these 4*s:
    Luke Cage
    Bucky
    Fury
    Kate
    IW
    Ghost Rider
    Elektra
    Drax
    XFW
    Pun
    Jean
    Starlord V1/V2
    Antman
    Dino
    Flaptain
    Rhulk
    X23
    Thing
    Bobby
    PX
    HB
    Cyc
    MK
    Peggy

I plan to skip (too few covers/not enough dmg)
    Jessica
    Fantastic
    Gwenpool
    Wasp

And so many more left to play with! A few of the underlevelled remainder may also be skipped unless I find some suitable matches, but otherwise,the world is my oyster. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Anyone else tried Moon Knight/IF/Hawkeye? IF sits behind MK purple and generates black. MK black regenerates health. Make a match 5 with IF and Hawkeye speed shot fires also. MK green can also do major damage to 4* and one shot most 3*.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I ran Cyclops, Quicksilver, and OBW up to 900, and had a blast. Between Cyclops' blue and red and Quicksilver's black, it puts the Puzzle back in Puzzle Quest.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just found someone with a level 308 champed Dino.

****?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, some handsome, clever, charming, witty, good-smelling person just made a post about this! Here!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP is so much fun without 5*'s, the only conclusion is that we should ban them altogether from PVP forever icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    X-23, Daken and Thor. You can even mix and match the 2 and 3* versions, though 3* Daken works best to fuel X-23s purple.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Flaptain/im40/2be flaptain red was doing on average 24k. The teams I had the most trouble with had obw or hood also some chick named Peggy can punch through my poor defense tiles.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Hit 1.2k, mostly done with the event.

So far I have used these 4*s:
    Luke Cage
    Bucky
    Fury
    Kate
    IW
    Ghost Rider
    Elektra
    Drax
    XFW
    Pun
    Jean
    Starlord V1/V2
    Antman
    Dino
    Flaptain
    Rhulk
    X23
    Thing
    Bobby
    PX
    HB
    Cyc
    MK
    Cho
    War Machine
    Peggy

Hopefully usable by next run:
    Jessica
    Fantastic
    Gwenpool
    Wasp

Missed out, try again next run!:
    Dpx
    4Thor
    Nova
    Kingpin
    Quake
    Gwen
    Miles
    Howard
    Carnage
    Venom
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Treat 4 stars like rare exotic meals

and have a pvp that requires one of some of the most exponentially leveled characters with covers next to five stars.

Good show. I dont have 1 4 star fully covered so its a horrible event

I'll struggle and bump my way to the 10cp as usual and keep it moving.